Good Bus Transaxle shop in Vegas?

nwtdiesel

Daniel Artigas is a cool guy too.

Were looking pretty good on 002 gears so you shouldn't have a problem getting the ratio's you want. Here's a link to our inventory and gear calculator.

http://www.weddleindustries.com/sites/weddleindustries.com/files/tech-info/Gears%20on%20Hand%206-1-13.pdf

http://weddleindustries.com/gear-calculator

If you're willing to spend a little more money, Get everything REM polished by us, smoother shifting, quieter, and runs a little cooler.

Daniel Artigas is a cool guy too.

Were looking pretty good on 002 gears so you shouldn't have a problem getting the ratio's you want. Here's a link to our inventory and gear calculator.

http://www.weddleindustries.com/sites/weddleindustries.com/files/tech-info/Gears%20on%20Hand%206-1-13.pdf

http://weddleindustries.com/gear-calculator

If you're willing to spend a little more money, Get everything REM polished by us, smoother shifting, quieter, and runs a little cooler.

Im not sure whats even in the trans but im sure it has some good stuff inside since it has alot of visible upgrades. The engine is a turbo VW making around 300hp. When i took it to Dumont i never even got in 4th gear. In 3rd we were doing 90mph and blew right by my buddies XP900 when he was going 75. I would like shorten the gears so i can use 3rd more and possibly 4th on a long run. I didnt really want to ship the trans out cause im sure its not cheap, i was looking for a local shop but i def want it done right the first time.

Sounds like it's geared for the desert. If you're doing 90 in 3rd, that's a pretty tall 3rd. Sand cars generally only use 2nd and 3rd in the dunes anyways so don't feel like you need to be using 4th. But shifting wise, it is easier to be shifting between 3rd and 4th since it's an "in-line" shift. It's up to you what with the gearing.

Smoother shifting sounds pretty nice. I have trouble getting it into gear sometimes. Mostly cause i need to get used to it, the pattern is real close.

Im all about running cooler and smoother. Ill be in touch.

Edited by nwtdiesel

What real sh*tty is after i stripped/broke reverse gear i still had 1-4 gears so when driving it back to camp it must have bound up inside cause now i have a small hole and crack in the bottom of the trans case!! All the fluid leaked out. What a mess. All for trying to pull a guy out of the dunes cause he was stuck. Crappy thing is i didnt even get him pulled out LMAO

I still have 1-4 gears so i might just fix the small hole and crack in the case and run it with out reverse on the 15th day run to Dumont then pull it out after the run and have it gone through and fixed.

Edited by nwtdiesel

Daniel Artigas out of Pahrump, Or K

evin Coe out of Henderson, DON'T use RC TRANZ you will regret it!! Pm if you want either numbers.

Yes if you dont mind PM me the numbers please. Thanks!

What real sh*tty is after i stripped/broke reverse gear i still had 1-4 gears so when driving it back to camp it must have bound up inside cause now i have a small hole and crack in the bottom of the trans case!! All the fluid leaked out. What a mess. All for trying to pull a guy out of the dunes cause he was stuck. Crappy thing is i didnt even get him pulled out LMAO

I still have 1-4 gears so i might just fix the small hole and crack in the case and run it with out reverse on the 15th day run to Dumont then pull it out after the run and have it gone through and fixed.

that wouldn't be good as the broken reverse gear can get up in the others and cause a real mess.

that wouldn't be good as the broken reverse gear can get up in the others and cause a real mess.

Thats what i was afraid of. Well crap. I dunno then. Not sure if i can get it pulled out and fixed by the 15th. I dont know crap about VWs and these transaxles but learning fast LOL Maybe ill take it all out and put a diesel in it LMAO

X2, There's going to be a lot of little chunks and pieces in there.

Turns a $1500 rebuild into a $4000 rebuild real quick when you have to replace every gear.

I have an Outlaw 525 IRS you can ride if you want for the 15th. pretty much all of us are going to be on quads.

That would be sweet! I might have to take you up on that. My buddy Mike thats works at the shop is taking his quad too. We can put all the quads on my 22ft trailer and i can haul them and ill pay for fuel.

• 4 weeks later...

He built my deco 2d, just refreshed my old 2d for a buddy and is building two s4d's for two guys in our group and did another deco 2d for a friend mid of last season. He is definitely good at what he does.

I would not discount Weddle so quickly. Like someone once said: Pay ONCE and get it fixed right. Yes, it might even cost more than the local guys quote, but shipping to a very well known and reputable business that's been around forever has it's merits.

No matter what the girl wearing the green seat belts 'says'!!

Edited by Doghouse