sand chick Posted October 6, 2014 Posted October 6, 2014 Traditionally the tick or treating is on Saturday night. But since Halloween is actually on Friday night this year.. I was wondering what night people were planning on taking their little ones trick or treating? Nevada day is 10/31 this year, so I know the kiddies have no school on Friday, but if you are from Cali or else where, the kiddies may not have that day off... Just wondering which night to bring out the candy Quote
higheroctane69 Posted October 8, 2014 Posted October 8, 2014 We were wondering the same thing. We are in Cali and won't be there until late Friday so we were hoping it's still Saturday night. 1 Quote
Jakster884 Posted October 8, 2014 Posted October 8, 2014 I am not going but not many responses. If I was to go it would take up most of Friday to get there and get set up. So Saturday would work best. 2 Quote
VegasRaptor Posted October 8, 2014 Posted October 8, 2014 Our camp thinks we'd decorate Friday night for Trick or Treaters.. our thoughts are Cali and Nevada kids don't have school Friday so we thought most would be our Thursday night or early Friday. Just our thoughts.. Quote
sand chick Posted October 8, 2014 Author Posted October 8, 2014 As far as I know, California doesn't have Friday off, that is my concern, that the Cali peeps have to come out Friday have work, set up and then try to get the kiddies trick or treating... 1 Quote
fastony Posted October 8, 2014 Posted October 8, 2014 Trick or treat is on fri nite. (Halloween) sat is the big dune party in front no comp hill..... after dinner around 8pm. Quote
sand chick Posted October 8, 2014 Author Posted October 8, 2014 The big dune party on Sat night?? Been going to Dumont for Halloween since 2006 and it's always been trick or treating on Saturday. I know some people like to gather at comp on the holiday weekends, but that has never interfered with the kiddos trick or treating. Sounds like we will be handing out candy both Friday and Saturday nights this year... Better bring extra candy... Don't want to run out for the kiddos that don't arrive until Friday night! 1 Quote
dunefreak Posted October 8, 2014 Posted October 8, 2014 Whether its a holiday, non holiday, friday or saturday- every night people go to comp to party. 3 Quote
VegasRaptor Posted October 8, 2014 Posted October 8, 2014 Whether its a holiday, non holiday, friday or saturday- every night people go to comp to party. Agree!! 1 Quote
HelmetPigtails Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 We plan to go Thursday, but we have no kids going until thanksgiving , we were thinking of going to other camp sites to hand out candy to the little ones. We will take enough for both nights! Quote
Vegashottie76 Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 Only fair for the kiddos out there to trick or treat in the actual celebrated day... fri the 31st. :-) 2 Quote
higheroctane69 Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 Yep Cali folks are def not off on Friday. Hopin for normal Saturday candy handout since we all prob be rolling in very late Friday night . 2 Quote
dunebunny Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 I'm with the Cali peeps too! I know Halloween is on Friday but leaving after school from Cali means we won't be there until 8pm. Once we're settled it will be wayy too late for kids to trick or treat. I vote for Saturday. 2 Quote
sand chick Posted October 9, 2014 Author Posted October 9, 2014 Whether its a holiday, non holiday, friday or saturday- every night people go to comp to party. I figured that I just didn't know if there was some special event going on.... you know how I get easily confused... Quote
SinCityXP Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 We will be out Thursday evening, I assumed it would be friday trick or treat. But we will see! Either night is good with me.. Quote
cheryl Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 Have to trick or treat on Halloween but will be prepared for both nights just incase. 1 Quote
anna.sm Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 A lot of ppl are driving out friday too bcz of work their poor kids will miss out on trick or treating if friday is voted Quote
dunefreak Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 It's looking like Saturday will be the day, but I'm sure some kids will still go out Friday night. I'm sure they'll be taking every advantage of 2 trick or treating nights. haha I figured that I just didn't know if there was some special event going on.... you know how I get easily confused... That was for Fastony. "Big dune Party?" hahaa 3 Quote
foxrider1997 Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 Well lasvegas kids have halloween off which is nevada day and they also have nov 3 and 4 off. Quote
DuNe~Rydher Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 I wish I had the 31st off!! The damn DOD doesn't celebrate Nevada day Quote
White Rhino Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 We'll be trick or treating Fri night. And we'll be in camp handing out candy on sat 1 Quote
sand chick Posted October 9, 2014 Author Posted October 9, 2014 (edited) That was for Fastony. "Big dune Party?" hahaa Yep it looks like there will be Trick or Treating BOTH nights!!! With the majority being on Saturday night! Can't let those California kiddos down!!!! They will have more camps to trick or treat at Edited October 9, 2014 by sand chick 3 Quote
Monster Duner Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 sat night for sure! people have to work on Friday, and sat is the normal candy day anyways! Quote
fastony Posted October 9, 2014 Posted October 9, 2014 I took a vacation day .. fri the 31st. .. yaaay. 2 Quote
vegas style Posted October 10, 2014 Posted October 10, 2014 ill be out looking for candy both nights 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.