Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

AWC if your going to go to D a few times this year. It makes sense to buy the season pass. Holidays are $40 

but only if you plan on going a few times does it make sense 

just my 2 cents 

Posted

In the middle of getting everything ready and the RV blew a hydraulic line for the levelers. (Of course)

ElCheapo factory hydraulic lines. The line popped off at the crimp, hydraulic oil all over the place. 3 bags of cat litter worth of oil.

My own fault for waiting till a couple weekends to go.

Dammit!

  • Wow 1
Posted

Hope to be there. There is one problem though, our sand rail is too big for our trailer. We’ll have to figure out something because I would really like to go.

  • Wow 1
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SandDuneSam said:

Hope to be there. There is one problem though, our sand rail is too big for our trailer. We’ll have to figure out something because I would really like to go.

Rent a Uhaul car hauler....

Edited by IrnBear
Posted
5 hours ago, eDUBz said:

Does that mean you got a New sand rail ?

No I think he just finished it. There's a build thread in sandrail talk. I'm not sure he's had it out yet. 👍

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, DuNe~Rydher said:

Going to be a warm one......again.

Yeah I thought with these fairly chilly mornings lately we'd finally have cool weather for Halloween. Nope! Looks like highs in the mid-eighties. Should be nice though. Anna hates the cold so she'll be happy. haha 

Posted
On 10/17/2018 at 12:57 PM, dunefreak said:

No I think he just finished it. There's a build thread in sandrail talk. I'm not sure he's had it out yet. 👍

We have had it out to the dunes at New Years, and it ran very lean and the radiator was undersized so we didnt get much riding, we got the car tuned at CBM and we put a new bigger radiator then took it to pismo. It was very fun but we realized the rear suspension was too stiff, and our rear tires were too tall so the car wouldn’t slide very well. We need to fix that and hope to go to the dunes for thanksgiving to really test it.

Posted

Only a few days to go.

Glad it's going to be warm, not a fan of cold weather. I remember several years ago it was downright hot for Halloween. Had to run the RV A/C for the dogs it was so warm. Loved it!

The next couple days will be very busy. Gotta wash the summer dust off the RV (I dunno why, it'll be trashed by the time we drive in the entrance road lol!) Cut a crapload of firewood, ect.

 

One thing that works well at comp at night? Duraflame logs. Easy to light and two or three at the same time makes a pretty good blaze that lasts a couple hours and they burn up to nothing so they don't leave a mess for the next morning. The ashes just blow away.

I also really like our propane campfire. Nice for some warmth and light and no one get's smoked out. 

 

The cat will be joining us. She is diabetic and needs insulin shots twice a day. What we don't do for our pets, you know?

I'm really hoping we all have fun with no breakdowns and no one get's hurt.

 

Our new RV (early spring)

 

14bl0z.jpg

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...