desertskyz

mod‧er‧a‧tor  /ˈmɒdəˌreɪtər/ [mod-uh-rey-ter]

–noun

1. a person or thing that moderates.

2. a person who presides over a panel discussion on radio or television.

3. a presiding officer, as at a public forum, a legislative body, or an ecclesiastical body in the Presbyterian Church.

4. Physics. a substance, as graphite or heavy water, used to slow neutrons to speeds at which they are more efficient in causing fission.

:loser: What does a Moderator do?

:no_no: :slap: Moderates! :laughoff::laughoff:

Actually:

They dune :laughoff::laughoff: and sit around drinking beer at campfires ALOT. :north_pole:

Not sure if the pay is all that great :clap:

But they do a great job anyways.

Edited by Randog

:north_pole: What does a Moderator do?

Basically edits any posts needing editing for content. They can delete posts, move topics, and a have a few other permissions. They help the admins make sure that the type of content on this board stays within the limits of the rules.

Im sure a few others here are good at drinking at camp. But not everyone can live the life, only a select few can be moderators.

So far only a select few have shown that they are computer literate enough to be moderators as well as be trusted to have the moderator functions. We will add more moderators as we (DDR) grow. It has nothing to do with anything outside of the website like drinking around camp. :laughoff: Although, there have been know to be some "staff meetings" at PT's on ocassion! :laughoff::laughoff: ...but that's usually just me and Nick meeting up for a beer though :laughoff: :north_pole:

So far only a select few have shown that they are computer literate enough to be moderators as well as be trusted to have the moderator functions. We will add more moderators as we (DDR) grow. It has nothing to do with anything outside of the website like drinking around camp. :clap: Although, there have been know to be some "staff meetings" at PT's on ocassion! :laughoff::laughoff: ...but that's usually just me and Nick meeting up for a beer though :laughoff::laughoff:

Computer Literate :D That is all I do all day. PC at work and a Mac at home. Manage out Edline web site at school. Some people don't get it. Thats OK. I can't ride a motorcycle :no_no: LOL :north_pole:

Computer Literate :D That is all I do all day. PC at work and a Mac at home. Manage out Edline web site at school. Some people don't get it. Thats OK. I can't ride a motorcycle :laughoff: LOL :north_pole:

Thanks, but we will recruite the mods as we need em. We definitely have to know them personally too. No offense. :D

:laughoff:

Oh No! I'm sorry . :laughoff: I was not applying and asking. : My point was taken wrong. I meant that I understand. Cause that is what I do all day long :D. You guys do a damn good job. Keep it up. Your gonna have to with about 10 people aday coming onboard. :laughoff::laughoff: :north_pole:

:laughoff: gotcha :D

Thanks