HOW FAST IS FAST?

OGP

If memory serves me right GPS with enough sattellites doin the reception thing will track altitude as well and i believe it has a algorithm built into the gps to figure out speed traveling vertical as well. Dont quote me though... But im pretty sure it can.. Thats why you need 3+ sattelites connected to get a decent reading..

Here he goes again with the whole "if memory serves me right..." schpeel :jester: come on!

:thumb::laughoff:

Whats the difference? :dunno: I thought when I change it to kph it was just getting more power... jk

:headbang1::laughing:

yeah, don't you know that when you hit that button it converts your car to "Glamis horsepower"? 400 HP at Dumont? hit that button and now you can go talk chit with the rest of em with 750 HP at Glamis. :idiot::idiot:

Velocity measured by a GPS is inherently 3 dimension, but consumer GPS receivers only report 2D (horizontal) speed on their readout. Garmin's specifications quote 0.1mph accuracy but due to signal degredation problems noted above, perhaps 0.5mph accuracy in typical automobile applications would be what you can count on.

so i was half right and half wrong... the gps can do it 3 dimensional but it only DISPLAYS the horizontal speed.. Ohh well..

iF YOUR gps HAS WAAS, It will read vertical speed also. waas involves 3 sattelights and also up to 25 ground radar units.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...