(New Years) We want to hear all about this weekend

stalteri

Dumont was fun of course. When I showed up Friday night, I decided to get my truck and toyhauler buried deep in the sand. The spot that PaulyPaul had was soffffffftt. Jim (Sand~~Snake) got stuck then I pulled in and got stuck as well. :coocoo: It was quite annoying because it took us about 2 1/2 hrs to get us completely unstuck. :angry2: Oh well it was entertainment at the very least for ynot and the tres hermanos. :hello::blink: . After getting both rigs out we moved camp over to harder packed ground.

Weather was nice on and off. Mostly overcast the whole weekend and windy at times, but not real bad. There was no late night movies on Friday, but the weather allowed for movie night on Saturday. :D

After a buggy ride w/ everyone on Sat am, we stopped and jumped a bit with the cars. :thumb: :angry2: I hit the jump a wee bit too hard on an angle (not squared up) and landed on the left front at a very bad angle breaking off the dr. side splindle. Wheel went flying but the landing was still pretty soft. The car immediately got kicked around 180 degrees, but we were ok. :thumb: Thanks again to Don, Joe, & Tim for helping me get my car back to camp. :thumb:

post-3-1136175755_thumb.jpg

post-3-1136175788_thumb.jpg

Tim (Originalpimp) had some breakage on his car as well. His crank trigger reluctor broke somehow. But that's not all the bad buggy news. JJ (LVNALOLIFE) flipped his sandrail. Luckily everyone was ok. He came down a hill where we were filming some video and he got crossed up a bit and the left front tire stuck and the whole car catapolted end over. Sad part is that was his first trip out with his car that he just bought. :( At least the car is fixable and no one got hurt. :D I'll post some pics under a new thread about the rollover.

All in all a good trip though. I had fun and Sat night was a blast like usual. I think my head still hurts a bit from this...

post-3-1136176303_thumb.jpg

, and the champagne, and the god knows how many beers I had. :flipoff::laughing:

Happy Freakin New Year!! :headbang: :thumb:

We got out there Tues. night and hooked up with YNOT for some fast rides out to the North Pole. YNOT can lead real well and we had some 3rd and 4th gear runs. What a rush! The closer it got to the weekend the more crowded it got so we had to slow down a bit but we still had some fun rides every day. The weather could've been better but it could have been alot worse but all in all it was okay. We had a great time while we were there but had some problems with the motorhome getting home. Finally got home last night around 2:00am but we made it home safely and all is good. Happy New Years everybody and hope to see you all in the dunes. :D

I had a great time fumblin between camps.. I show up saturday afternoon looking for my group from bakersfield for about 45min which included pulling out a stuck 3/4ton w/ my sonoma.. :D after that spiel i said EFF IT and went to go find the DDR camp because i knew they were on the other side of the finger dune... welll wouldntcha know it that as sooooon as i came over the finger dune there was my pals from bakersfield... stopped in said hi and said i was off to look for DDR.. they happend to mention that they saw the infamous big gay baloon about 60 yards away.. :D and sure enough... it was DDR..:D

I mainly hung out w/ my pals from bakersfield since i dont get to see them everyday like i get to see ya'all every week... saturday night was stupid windy... and sunday was awesome... i rode my buddy's 440ex and its a nice quad for luggin around and cruzin.. :D after a nice couple rides the rain started to fall as we were on our way back from the north pole so i then decided to head back to camp and wave good bye to all the ddr folk who were leavin cuz i was stickin around for some late night shinanagins w/ my friends.. :D I got home somewhere around 11-12 last night after relaxing by the camp fire in what little bit of a sprinkle was left and runnin around camp like a moron riding wheelies w/ no helmet and racing thru camps... ohh wait there werent any camps within 50 yards of ours.. :D

a great weekend. no kids or grandkid to worry about. just me and the wife. started to feel real crummy though after a ride with the wife saturday. just cant pull it off anymore sometimes after staying up till 2 in the morning drinking beer. damn getting old! felt alot better in the evening after a few beers and a couple of shots. got some better sleep that night. the banshee wasn't running like i like it but after changing to colder plugs and bigger jets it ran better sunday. still need to go bigger on the jets. the wife got some good riding in and did real good. even went up over to comp from the back side. she was proud. meant to go visit the tres hermanos but never made it before they left. will make it a point to next trip. and nothing broke this time out! yaaa. the old motor home did good again but i still give a big sigh of relief when we get back and park it. :D

Dumont was fun of course. When I showed up Friday night, I decided to get my truck and toyhauler buried deep in the sand. The spot that PaulyPaul had was soffffffftt. Jim (Sand~~Snake) got stuck then I pulled in and got stuck as well. :coocoo: It was quite annoying because it took us about 2 1/2 hrs to get us completely unstuck. :angry2: Oh well it was entertainment at the very least for ynot and the tres hermanos. :hello::blink: . After getting both rigs out we moved camp over to harder packed ground.

Weather was nice on and off. Mostly overcast the whole weekend and windy at times, but not real bad. There was no late night movies on Friday, but the weather allowed for movie night on Saturday. :D

After a buggy ride w/ everyone on Sat am, we stopped and jumped a bit with the cars. :thumb: :angry2: I hit the jump a wee bit too hard on an angle (not squared up) and landed on the left front at a very bad angle breaking off the dr. side splindle. Wheel went flying but the landing was still pretty soft. The car immediately got kicked around 180 degrees, but we were ok. :thumb: Thanks again to Don, Joe, & Tim for helping me get my car back to camp. :thumb:

post-3-1136175755_thumb.jpg

post-3-1136175788_thumb.jpg

Tim (Originalpimp) had some breakage on his car as well. His crank trigger reluctor broke somehow. But that's not all the bad buggy news. JJ (LVNALOLIFE) flipped his sandrail. Luckily everyone was ok. He came down a hill where we were filming some video and he got crossed up a bit and the left front tire stuck and the whole car catapolted end over. Sad part is that was his first trip out with his car that he just bought. :( At least the car is fixable and no one got hurt. :D I'll post some pics under a new thread about the rollover.

All in all a good trip though. I had fun and Sat night was a blast like usual. I think my head still hurts a bit from this...

post-3-1136176303_thumb.jpg

, and the champagne, and the god knows how many beers I had. :flipoff::laughing:

Happy Freakin New Year!! :headbang: :thumb:

why yes i met mr. jim from you pete!!! HAHAHA

It was a great New Years week with several Dumont Dune Rider Forum members at Dumont Dunes.

We camped at both the Big and Little dunes. Mild crowd, awsum weather.

I was the only rig with sat TV. So most everyone invited themselves over for the USC game. No problem,, lots of nice duners. I grilled several tri tips and deep fried twinkies,, and a case of beer flowed too.

3812Dumont_Jan__06_018-med.jpg

Center of pic in the distance,, a family we didn't know was in bad shape and all lined up with their chairs and a rolls of toilet paper at the restrooms front door for well over a day. They were the talk of the dunes.

Occasionally saw them take a pull from a pink bottle of Pepto Dismal.

They had the squirts deluxe. Reason I keep a clean kitchen in the RV,, fresh, properly stored food, lots of hand washing. Sanitation & correct food handling is essential in my world.

3812Dumont_Jan__06_016-med.jpg

Inside my RV, my girlfriends child nicknamed Maynard. My mom would have taken her brutally painfull maple stick & lit him up deluxe & straigntened him out some time ago - but in 3 months,, with lots of attention,, he's become a teriffic kid. As all say; "the life of the party" for a 6 year old. A handfull,, but a lot of fun to have around. He now behaves.

3812Dumont_Jan__06_020-med.jpg

We forgot Maynards gloves,, no problem,, mine will do just fine. He loved them.

3812Dumont_Jan__06_025-med.jpg

Girlfriend riding my YFZ for the first time, at the Dunes for the first time.

She rode to "the Wall", that is Competition Hill and immediately rode to the top. You must admit,, pretty good for a first timer out.

I'll be buying her a quad for her birthday, and letting her choose it.

3812Dumont_Jan__06_050-med.jpg

Another use for flag sticks. They work teriffic for hot dogs and marshmellows.

3812Dumont_Jan__06_033-med.jpg

Maynard on his new Zuki 50 (still has bugs, had to fix it several times already). Maynard launched it airborn several times,, he had a blast. My daughter just has this knack with kids that naturally makes them behave. She always says and has proved that "If you hit your kids,, you've failed in raising them". Patience has turned this kid around. A really sharp, brite 6 year old,, he stuns and takes people back when they talk to him.

My mom woulda taken a switch to him though, and it would have been faster.

3812Dumont_Jan__06_043-med.jpg

People we don't know passing by. Is this OK or even legal? See it alot at Glamis.

Overall a good trip,, the upcoming cleanup is much needed.

We filled several bags of junk & bottles left behind by idiots.

A messier crowd is starting to inhabit Dumont. Saw a sign near the entrance: "GLAMIS GO HOME".

I do a backpack - stray bottle pick run across the big dunes everytrip and easily fill the back pack up one pass.

when I retire soon,, I plan on being much more active at Dumont.

3812Dumont_Jan__06_022-med.jpg

I have 2 new crewcabs. The GMC for towing, the Lexus like Toyota for a daily driver. GF has different hours so she comes out in the Toyota,, and loves it.

The Rented kasea was a real nice running 90 cc quad. We'd buy one, but understand they have zero resale value.