blown up and melted down..

trqjnky

well, my top pistion ring was broke in half and spun 180 from the pin that holds the opening in place. and the ring was overlapping itself on the ends by about a 1/4 inch. the bottom ring is pemenantly welded into the piston and theres a little bit of scoring on my cylendar wall :thumb: . so now i'm pricing out my two options. either bore and replate the cylendar to get rid of the scoring. or do a big bore kit. i found one kit for $369 that was a 287?? kit i think. So that sucks. ill post pics later :rockon:

i dunno pete :rockon: . it was full of coolant, same plug and jet thats been in it for the last 3 rides. i was playing around on comp before i left for the south pole, so maybe it got hot in the cylender??? maybe it didnt like the 40:1 premix ratio or maybe i mixed it wrong and didnt realize it???

whatever though, every time something breaks is a good excuse to make it faster. at least if shut off right at the south pole, so it looked like i was just chillin there. and not stuck in the bottom of a huge bowl or something.

i dunno pete :dance: . it was full of coolant, same plug and jet thats been in it for the last 3 rides. i was playing around on comp before i left for the south pole, so maybe it got hot in the cylender??? maybe it didnt like the 40:1 premix ratio or maybe i mixed it wrong and didnt realize it???

whatever though, every time something breaks is a good excuse to make it faster. at least if shut off right at the south pole, so it looked like i was just chillin there. and not stuck in the bottom of a huge bowl or something.

when are you gonna use spell check?