THE 2STROKE DIRTBIKE VS. 4 STROKE DIRTBIKES

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 strokes are great for the torque, but there is still something about the powerband and riding style of a 2 stroke that I like.

I rode Ragdoll MX's new 450. He has some stuff done to the motor. It was pretty fast, but I still like my 250. One thing about my 250 too is that it doesn't cost so damn much and teh maintenance is much cheaper! :beercheers:

2 Stroke 2 wheeler fo life! :banghead::rockwoot: :icon_twisted:

Well I grew up w/ 2 strokes and all my kids have em so they can learn how to put a new top end in and everything else that goes along with owning a 2 stroke (So far this concept hasn't worked I keep doing all the maint.) But as much as I love to ride a 2 stroke I am now 35 and ride a WR426 set up for the desert. As stupid as this sounds and as nice of a bike I have built...... I love the kick stand!!!! and yes my bike is a 2002, the year before electric start on the 450. So I guess I am 50/50 on this... CR125 as a kid CR250 when I thought I knew everything and a 4stroke when you want to be in front of the dust and teach a kid a thing or two.

....and a 4stroke when you want to be in front of the dust and teach a kid a thing or two.

You must be a hill shooter then huh? :beercheers:

I remember this one old guy on a new Honda 450 who couldn't get past me and Pauly on our little 250's in the dunes. :rockwoot: He was friends with stalteri920. :banghead: :icon_twisted:

I thought I knew everything and a 4stroke when you want to be in front of the dust and teach a kid a thing or two.

IM ONLY 14 AND I THINK I CAN TEACH SOME GUYS A THING OR 2 I GOT THAT NATURAL TALENT MAN IM JUST A DUNE RIDER AND A 2 STROKE KINDA GUY NO MATTER WHAT YA 450S BEAT ME WHNE IM GEARED DOWN FOR TORQUE BUT WITH MY STOCK GEARING IN I BLOW BY THE 450S

I thought I knew everything and a 4stroke when you want to be in front of the dust and teach a kid a thing or two.

IM ONLY 14 AND I THINK I CAN TEACH SOME GUYS A THING OR 2 I GOT THAT NATURAL TALENT MAN IM JUST A DUNE RIDER AND A 2 STROKE KINDA GUY NO MATTER WHAT YA 450S BEAT ME WHNE IM GEARED DOWN FOR TORQUE BUT WITH MY STOCK GEARING IN I BLOW BY THE 450S

Keep riding bud!! All I was really saying is that it starts to hurt in the morning. I wish I was 14 again...

a 250 with stock gearing wont touch a 450 :icon_twisted:

a 250 with stock gearing wont touch a 450 :slap:

Think again, child. :laughoff::stirthepot: That 450 I was talking about was tapped out and we were right there in front of him. :blury:

I agree w/ lindernglamis too. You can't go slow on a 2 stroke. It too much damn work too.

i am 2 stroke for life!! :laughoff: One of the favorite thing riding is the 2 stroke powerband!! :stirthepot: dont get the same rush from a 4 stroke. Plus i like shifting alot insted of just gas and go(even though a lot of people love that). I ride a banshee though so this may be not my place lol.

well to tell you the truth 2 stroke all the way :laughoff: i rode 125 's and 250' s in the 90's same class as carey hart when we were in the intermediate class . but had to grow up dad moved to arkansas and i didnt want to leave vegas so racing came to an end and job hunting began . the only 4 stroker ive riden is a yfz400 when they came out but to tell you the truth before i got my raptor i still rode a 2 stroke rm 250 . no four stroke can give you an adrenaline rush like a 2 stroke . just my opinion . :stirthepot:

:blury: if dirtbikes sucked why doesnt 4 wheelers have a supercross :stirthepot: oh i forgot about the mickey thompson days sorry girl with horns you were probly in diapers then . j/k lol :laughoff:

dirtbikes only suck because i cant ride them. thats all. dont get technical on me lol

dirtbikes only suck because i cant ride them. thats all. dont get technical on me lol

not getting tech. hey i ride a quad now. just stating facts that 4 wheelers are here to stay and they need more attention than just racing in the woods and doing stunts . dirt bikes rock :stirthepot:

Keep riding bud!! All I was really saying is that it starts to hurt in the morning. I wish I was 14 again...

O i kno bro ya being this young and getting asked by other people to race and have other people tell me to race then its kinda kool ill get my chance ya im sure ill have to give up my bike later down the road :(

but thats ok

ill just have to be the old fast guy ona banshee