tire prices

vegas450r

i was getting my truck washed today, and next door was a tire works store. went in to get some prices. $864. 4 bridgestone duelers 265/75/16's, torsion bars cranked to level truck, and an aliment. tires have a 6 yr/60k warranty, down to 2/32. no pro-rating. load range E. I asked about 285's but they won't mount them on my rims, plus only load range d. the best price on bfg's was like 900 and that was just the tires, no torsion bars or aliment.

Has anyone had or heard anything about these tires?

i was getting my truck washed today, and next door was a tire works store. went in to get some prices. $864. 4 bridgestone duelers 265/75/16's, torsion bars cranked to level truck, and an aliment. tires have a 6 yr/60k warranty, down to 2/32. no pro-rating. load range E. I asked about 285's but they won't mount them on my rims, plus only load range d. the best price on bfg's was like 900 and that was just the tires, no torsion bars or aliment.

i used to work for discount tire..the price is about right out the door mounted, balanced and shined up..but i have never heard of re alignment after getting tires on it..maybe if you crank your torsions but hell if i kno

Edited by fctryblack84

i used to work for discount tire..the price is about right out the door mounted, balanced and shined up..but i have never heard of re alignment after getting tires on it..maybe if you crank your torsions but hell if i kno

you have to re-align it after cranking the torsions up- it affects the chamber and toe

Don, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. :mc_smiley:

We mount those tires on County vehicles all the time. Get lots of driver requests for them. They usually wear out before they blow out.

Just my .02. :D

We mount those tires on County vehicles all the time. Get lots of driver requests for them. They usually wear out before they blow out.

Just my .02. :D

What kind of mileage they getting on these tires?

Edited by vegas450r

wait wait wait....

they'll crank your torsion bars, but not mount the 285's???? what kind of chicken stuff is THAT???

I've got 315/75/17's mounted by big brand tire, without hassle. They knew it would rub without the trimming. I told them I was going to trim when I got home, which I did.

I would just crank the bars yourself, and look elsewhere, if you wanna rock the 285's

I got 31's on the 1/4ton Discount goes these are gonna rub like a mofo i said look its a 4wd dammit now mount my tires and give me a BFH so i can clearance the exhaust that AAA muffler screwed up.. :D And all i needed were torsions turned up, an alignment(never got it truck was fine), and drive the piss outta my bran new bfg's...

Now when i moved up to a full size vehicle i bout chit myself. 250 bucks mounted and balanced for ONE TIRE! 265/70-18's man i felt like i got a full bottle of ky on that one!

What kind of mileage they getting on these tires?

That's a really good question! It would take a bit of research to answer that, but I'll see what I can find out for ya. Use/wear & tear varies SOOOO much depending on what department is driving with them.