Jan 27th-28th

stalteri

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go out for the day on Sat. i'll try to keep up with the bikes, all 4digits on the dunes. if you guy don't mind a newb around.

Sounds good. What do we look for? What kind of truck or bike will you have?

I am meeting a buddy at the Shell Station on Rainbow & 160 at 9am (Sat morning) so I should be out at Dumont about 10:30/ 10:45. :headbang1::happydrunks:

Sounds good. What do we look for? What kind of truck or bike will you have?

I am meeting a buddy at the Shell Station on Rainbow & 160 at 9am (Sat morning) so I should be out at Dumont about 10:30/ 10:45. :hello: :monkeedance2:

Hey, I'll be in a dark grey 1500HD silverado, w/ the 06 white LT-R450 in back. I just got up, so i may see you at the shell station. :driver:

post-2259-1169910650.jpg

Edited by Mr.BrownSand

What a great day out there, really needed it after the week I had, good to clear the mind, they had the memorial service for my aunt today, wish I coulda been there, but I was thinking of her. The temp was about 70 during the day. semi wind, made for facial treatments creasting the south side. Really tough to read today for some reason, seemed to be ALOT of witches eye's this time out. But the wind started calming about 3pm. Quit a few people out there for a off weekend, didn't see any DDR peeps, think I seen 920 riding out there once, never caught up with anyone for a refreashment. Good time none the less, see you all out there soon...Semper Fi, Woody :beercheers:

Hey, I'll be in a dark grey 1500HD silverado, w/ the 06 white LT-R450 in back. I just got up, so i may see you at the shell station. :beercheers:

post-2259-1169910650.jpg

HI, :beercheers: :dance: sorry i missed you guys dunefreak. I hung out at the shell till9:15, then the urge got to be tooo much :P and i had to roll. I saw stalteri920 on comp hill but i couldn't remember if his bike said 920 or 96, and going up to people and bothering them is not my strong suit. still shy at 40 is really lame.

it was a great day all the same.

post-2259-1169998158.jpg

post-2259-1169998182.jpg

Yeah sorry I missed everyone. I didn't make it out and I feel really bad, especially for my buddy Wes that also sat at the gas station waiting for me. I'm a putz. :dance: :beercheers: I went out Fri night and watched my buddys' band play and their set didn't end till about 2am. I overslept and kicked myself in the azz for ruining my day. :beercheers:

Hope everyone had fun- it seemed like the weather was pretty nice.

Yeah sorry I missed everyone. I didn't make it out and I feel really bad, especially for my buddy Wes that also sat at the gas station waiting for me. I'm a putz. :dance: :beercheers: I went out Fri night and watched my buddys' band play and their set didn't end till about 2am. I overslept and kicked myself in the azz for ruining my day. :beercheers:

Well you can make the day trip to amargosa with me on the weekend of the 10th - 11th :D weekend before prez weekend.

Well you can make the day trip to amargosa with me on the weekend of the 10th - 11th :D weekend before prez weekend.

No I can't. I'll be at Dumont that weekend with the Larry & Nannette Short. :beercheers::beercheers: They are bringing Larry's new turbo single seater down to Dumont. :dance:

pete, you missed a great time, we had a blast, hit some big jumps, got myself wadded up, got stuck in my truck...(tony got pics) and overall awesome time, Sobe Bombs, some not so good.....oops.... stayed with Tony, Karen and lil AJ, meet some good folks, and had a blast, good grub and AWESOME PEEPS! DDR Crews always take care of their own.

Had a great time this weekend! tony and his camp are great people! got a lot of good fast rides in, and ate better than i have in a while thanks to the girls great cooking! AJ (tonys little guy) is giong to be riding in no time, already has the dirtbike sounds and form down. had a couple misfires with the sobes. cant wait to make it back out.

My observations on this weekend..

1. I like my yamaha waaay more than the ktm

2. there is going to be a ktm for sale

3. tony and his peeps are VERY cool!

4. tony's camp cooks some great food too

5. i paid the same for a spark plug as i did for a tshirt at dumont

6. junk-runner rangers are stupid

7. coles truck doesnt do well in soft sand

7.5. tonys truck does do well

8. lapador

here are the vids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRqKe-YAZCQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSDheMhvDZc

my observations:

1.Hangin with Tony was the best decision

2.Dans KTM is a toilet

3.everyone wants Tonys meat...and that was out of control

4.My Dually wants to sink everywhere...mainly 5 feet from camp

5.2 Danger Rangers around comp at night makes cole very sketchy

6.Pete should feel like a putz for not coming

7. Tonys Buddy, Steve makes a great target for Dan

8. After doing a 110Ft jump about 20 times....eventually your gonna get bit

9.Superglue, Iodine, and butterfly strips will keep the big gaping hole in my leg from splitting open.

10. when you do sink your dually and leave it to go ride...tony will take pictures.

11. some days SOBE Bombs work well...others ...ehhh not so much

LARGE EXPLOSIONS, LOTS OF SHRAPNAL.......8 adults all giggling like children...

GOOD TIMES HAD BY ALL!

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

Good times this weekend! Sorry you couldn't make it out Pete. We will be back out to Dumont on the 10th and 11th of Feb.

Cole,Dan, you guys can camp with us anytime :laughoff: . I will posts picks/video later. I'm freaking tired :laughoff:

here are the vids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRqKe-YAZCQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSDheMhvDZc

my observations:

1.Hangin with Tony was the best decision

2.Dans KTM is a toilet

3.everyone wants Tonys meat...and that was out of control

4.My Dually wants to sink everywhere...mainly 5 feet from camp

5.2 Danger Rangers around comp at night makes cole very sketchy

6.Pete should feel like a putz for not coming

7. Tonys Buddy, Steve makes a great target for Dan

8. After doing a 110Ft jump about 20 times....eventually your gonna get bit

9.Superglue, Iodine, and butterfly strips will keep the big gaping hole in my leg from splitting open.

10. when you do sink your dually and leave it to go ride...tony will take pictures.

11. some days SOBE Bombs work well...others ...ehhh not so much

LARGE EXPLOSIONS, LOTS OF SHRAPNAL.......8 adults all giggling like children...

GOOD TIMES HAD BY ALL!

Yeah yeah whatever. I already said I was a putz....

:laughoff: see...

Yeah sorry I missed everyone. I didn't make it out and I feel really bad, especially for my buddy Wes that also sat at the gas station waiting for me. I'm a putz. :laughoff::finger: I went out Fri night and watched my buddys' band play and their set didn't end till about 2am. I overslept and kicked myself in the azz for ruining my day. :laughoff:

What happened to your leg? You ok?

It looks as if it was pretty windy in those videos. :laughoff:

Yeah yeah whatever. I already said I was a putz....

:fart: see...

What happened to your leg? You ok?

It looks as if it was pretty windy in those videos. :bawl:

on my right leg it looks like a dime size hole wide and dime size deep hole in my leg, it was so deep you could see the fat tissue and the muscle...CRAZY!! and what is even craizer, i was wearing knee guards at the time, so i have no idea how it happened.

i remember when i crashed, i couldnt breathe, and then i passed out, i woke up 3 minutes later, and i was just in pain, i hit so hard it litterally knocked the lenses out of my goggles. i ended up "Walking it off" and went for another ride for about 20 minutes, and i was in just to much pain and called it a day.

i got home, and sent my wife out for supplies, iodine, hydrogen peroxide, butterfly strips, gause and bandaids, so i eneded up cleaning up my wound, knowing that i need about 8 stitches, (i didnt want to go to the emergency room) so i disenfected my wound, threw some superglue in there and let that dry and threw a butterfly on it and then a bandage and i was all good.... my hip hurts like hell, but iam good to go in about a week or two to go ride......thankfully no damage to the bike....now that would have been expensive.

on my right leg it looks like a dime size hole wide and dime size deep hole in my leg, it was so deep you could see the fat tissue and the muscle...CRAZY!! and what is even craizer, i was wearing knee guards at the time, so i have no idea how it happened.

i remember when i crashed, i couldnt breathe, and then i passed out, i woke up 3 minutes later, and i was just in pain, i hit so hard it litterally knocked the lenses out of my goggles. i ended up "Walking it off" and went for another ride for about 20 minutes, and i was in just to much pain and called it a day.

i got home, and sent my wife out for supplies, iodine, hydrogen peroxide, butterfly strips, gause and bandaids, so i eneded up cleaning up my wound, knowing that i need about 8 stitches, (i didnt want to go to the emergency room) so i disenfected my wound, threw some superglue in there and let that dry and threw a butterfly on it and then a bandage and i was all good.... my hip hurts like hell, but iam good to go in about a week or two to go ride......thankfully no damage to the bike....now that would have been expensive.

^^^ This is exactly why I stopped jumping. Now I just sit back and watch everyone else when a crowd forms around a big jump. I'll occasionally do a little jumping when the lip is just right, but for the most part I can't afford to get hurt in my line of work. :bawl: