Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just a question. Has anyone ever done a 50-50 drawing? Buy the tickets for the 50/50 and at the end of the raffle there is a drawing the person that has the winning ticket splits the pot with the orginization putting on the raffle. May put a little extra $ back into helping the cause. Or could possibly sell extra tickets for the other raffle prizes, all the money could go back into the cause?

Just wondering

  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

You know... we've talked a lot about that idea. And most of us have seen it done at other events and cleanups.

But we decided against it, mainly because this isn't a day for fundraising, it's a day for bringing the community together and all of us taking care of our dunes. The raffle prizes are donated by people and companies who want to show the dune users their support and we want to show our thanks.

Even the t-shirts are paid for out of donated sponsors and then given for free to the participants.

I'm not saying we won't ever do a 50-50 raffle... it's not like we don't need the funding... but this day is for the true dune devotees, for showing our appreciation, and not for passing the collection plate.

Vicki

Posted (edited)
:happydrunks: The wife and I will be there. Possibly my daughter and her friend too. Does anybody have a GPS for the South Pole? :thumb: Edited by Mad Marx
Posted (edited)

We're planning on being there!! The kids have school, so we probably won't head out 'til Friday afternoon.

:beercheers:

We have decided to ditch school on Friday :thumbsdown: and head out Thurs afternoon or early Friday morning to start the party early!! :DDRrocks::beercheers:

Edited by dinicolady
Posted

Gee, now I think I'm gonna have ditch that Friday too so I can make sure the Dini-fire is adequate on Thursday night.SetMeFire.gif I got wood already...for the fire I mean.a-blowupfire.gif

Posted

Gee, now I think I'm gonna have ditch that Friday too so I can make sure the Dini-fire is adequate on Thursday night.SetMeFire.gif I got wood already...for the fire I mean.a-blowupfire.gif

You are welcome at our campfire ANY day of the week! :finger:

BTW, LOVE the smilies :beercheers:

Posted

Brian and I will definitely be there. Hopefully we will have a group of people coming up with us to help out. I haven't checked the whole sight yet be is there a sign up sheet yet for the potluck? I will bring the nacho cheese dip and chips again. Can't wait to see everyone, I look forward to meetimg more of you. :DDRrocks:

Posted

Two more weeks! :laughoff::laughoff: Man it's coming up quickly. I can't wait- I should have my new sandcar by then. :blury::dunno:

BTW sandqueen, my camping arrangements have changed for the cleanup weekend so I doubt there will be one big camp & potluck for DDR this time around. That is unless somebody other than myself wants to take on the job of forming an official DDR camp and organizing the potluck. :laughoff: That job in itself has deteriorated the quality of my duning trips so I am done with that. :laughing: A DDR neighborhood would be great though. If everyone camped in the general area of the cleanup events area, we could still very easily stop by each others places and chat and have a beer. :laughoff::laughoff::D

Posted

Across from bathroom 10 but before bathroom 6. You'll see a sort of stage set up and big dumpsters where the main event obviously is. You really can't miss it unless you're blind, but in that case you shouldn't be driving at all :beercheers:.

Posted

Across from bathroom 10 but before bathroom 6. You'll see a sort of stage set up and big dumpsters where the main event obviously is. You really can't miss it unless you're blind, but in that case you shouldn't be driving at all :flipoff:.

only in one eye but hard to see out the other :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

Posted

I think I'm gonna go topless...with my truck I mean. 7_1_1251.gif Anybody else have a convertible truck that 'legally' seats 14? th12_7_221.gif

Phewwww, had me worried there for a second Mike!! :laughoff::flipoff:

:beercheers::laughoff:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV


×
×
  • Create New...