5th annual FoDD Dumont Dunes clean-up & 2nd annual DDR Dune Trip

dunefreak

It's gonna be warm, everybody. :beercheers: Don't forget to bring plenty of COLD BEER. :laughoff:

I can't wait. :flipoff:

We all just need to try to keep it out of camera range so we don't take a beating after the taping. :laughoff:

Vicki

Edited by SailAway

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We all just need to try to keep it out of camera range so we don't take a beating after the taping. :laughoff:

Vicki

:beercheers: I know I know. I mostly meant for in camp. I don't plan on drinking at the actual cleanup anyways. :laughoff:

Here's a link to the clip for At Your Leisure TV spot for the clean up. They have the city listed as Barstow which I have already e mailed them about but they did a pretty good job given what they were given to work with! :beercheers::flipoff:

http://www.atyourleisure.info/episodes.asp...&category=6

Nice clip!!!! When I first saw it, I couldn't believe that YFZBob and I are in there (Bob, blue helmet and green jacket; Me, my old flame helmet and grey pull over sweater). I'm not sure who took the video of the dunes rides, was it offroadace (Steve) for DSD?

Nice clip!!!! When I first saw it, I couldn't believe that YFZBob and I are in there (Bob, blue helmet and green jacket; Me, my old flame helmet and grey pull over sweater). I'm not sure who took the video of the dunes rides, was it offroadace (Steve) for DSD?

Yes Steve sent in a DVD to AYL when I announced that I was looking for some tape to use. My "interview" was taken with the wind gusting on a Sunday at about 30 mph. We went on the side of a trailer and just shot it. I am not going to be a tv star any time soon. The show airs this Wed. At 8:30 I believe on ch. 19 in Vegas.

Edited by ynot

My family will be there for the clean-up. We will be there starting March 12th through the following weekend. We will be there with our brand new sandrail. We will be camped in the wash, not the top but plan on helping out. See you there.

Hi Peeps,

I just got the final OK from the boss :dunno: and the whole family is in!!!! I’m so excited. :dance: This is my wife and kids first time to Dumont, and I’m under the gun to make it fun.

A friend of Vegas Style and me is camping with us, and we have laid out a plan to lay the smack down on Randy, :dunno::driver: (our homie) to get his Rhino for the girls, and kids.

I rented a trailer so the family can get out of the dirt.

Turned down work to have the days off.

Food

Water

BEEEEERERRRRRR…….

Gas

First aid kit

Puke bags :dunno:

Okay I think I’m set.

Is it Wednesday yet.? :drinkbeer:

Edited by Mr.BrownSand

I know it's been mentioned, but just wanted to say it again...

IT'S GOING TO BE REALLY WARM that day so make sure you have your suncreen and straw hat.

We will have some cover but not like last year, unfortunately, so you may want to bring along your own shade. Some people even brought their own camp chairs last year which seemed to work out just dandy.

Vicki

Sorry to hear that there won't be a potluck. I would love to organize it but I have a hard enough time keeping my crew together. I would help if someone wants to be the main person. If not, I will have the nacho cheese & chili dip warmed up in camp if anyone wants to cruise by for some nachos and say hi.

Camp==Black F150 w/tahoe trailer, silver F350 dually with weekend warrior, F350 Harley truck lifted, trucks have strob lights on them, might be somewhere around Mike156 (if he's lucky lol)

Sorry to hear that there won't be a potluck. I would love to organize it but I have a hard enough time keeping my crew together. I would help if someone wants to be the main person. If not, I will have the nacho cheese & chili dip warmed up in camp if anyone wants to cruise by for some nachos and say hi.

Well, I guess we could 1st figure out how much interest there is in a potluck. I dunno how to do a poll, but any interested peeps should post up and we could go from there!! OR maybe Pete could post up a poll thread in Dumont Happenings?? I'd be willing to help get it organized if there is enough interest. :D

Hey Kelly! On another note, do you need me to bring labels, bags and sharpies for cleanup? We had talked about that before. Let me know. I'll be out there Friday around noon, so we'll definitely have to get together and figure out the logistics of trailer locations, who is doing what, etc. I'm excited to help out!! :coocoo:

ME TOO!!

:dunno: Yeah Tiffany, the labels and sharpies we'll need! I'll bring some too because hopefully we'll need 100's of labels for the bags-o-trash, and some folks may want to try the 'name tag' thing again, LOL! I'm gonna try and track down a couple of clipboards, too. Ya know, something to pin the labels down with and make writing easier. I'll have a spiral notebook on hand for tally sheets.

I believe, but could be wrong on this, the trash bags are being furnished by F.O.D.D.??

And YES, we need to 1st find out how many trucks/flatbeds we'll have for drop points. Cole, you still in for that?? Pete, maybe your truck, too? Mike (pinz) is planning on heading to the S. pole area, TONS of trash blows out that way. We need one at comp hill for sure, and maybe 1 or 2 more (the little dunes??) to make it convenient for peeps to drop bags and run out for more. We'll definately hook up on Friday to get organized since 8:00 a.m. Sat will come quick enuff as it is. Everything needs to be in place by then! :D

ME TOO!!

:coocoo: Yeah Tiffany, the labels and sharpies we'll need! I'll bring some too because hopefully we'll need 100's of labels for the bags-o-trash, and some folks may want to try the 'name tag' thing again, LOL! I'm gonna try and track down a couple of clipboards, too. Ya know, something to pin the labels down with and make writing easier. I'll have a spiral notebook on hand for tally sheets.

I believe, but could be wrong on this, the trash bags are being furnished by F.O.D.D.??

And YES, we need to 1st find out how many trucks/flatbeds we'll have for drop points. Cole, you still in for that?? Pete, maybe your truck, too? Mike (pinz) is planning on heading to the S. pole area, TONS of trash blows out that way. We need one at comp hill for sure, and maybe 1 or 2 more (the little dunes??) to make it convenient for peeps to drop bags and run out for more. We'll definately hook up on Friday to get organized since 8:00 a.m. Sat will come quick enuff as it is. Everything needs to be in place by then! :D

i must've missed that post, but i'm in on helping out also with you guys just let me know!!!!!! :D

ME TOO!!

:laughoff: Yeah Tiffany, the labels and sharpies we'll need! I'll bring some too because hopefully we'll need 100's of labels for the bags-o-trash, and some folks may want to try the 'name tag' thing again, LOL! I'm gonna try and track down a couple of clipboards, too. Ya know, something to pin the labels down with and make writing easier. I'll have a spiral notebook on hand for tally sheets.

Kelly my truck isn't going anywhere away from camp this trip. It's staying hooked to my hauler. Who knows what could happen if I leave camp with it. I might get a reckless driving ticket if it's driven in the sand again. :laughing: Trucks in the sand are a no no! :coocoo::dunno:

As for helping with the number of bag count, I'll do my best but last year my head almost exploded from running around trying to keep track of ever damn DDR member in the area and how many stupid bags they collected. :laughoff: Maybe this year there will more help and I won't have to do it all on my own. I'm not gonna stress about it like last year...especially for a plastic trophy. :dope:

Have I mentioned that I'm over it yet? yeah..I'm over it. :laughing: I really just wanna go out and have some fun. :laughoff::blury:

Kelly my truck isn't going anywhere away from camp this trip. It's staying hooked to my hauler. Who knows what could happen if I leave camp with it. I might get a reckless driving ticket if it's driven in the sand again. :no_no: Trucks in the sand are a no no! :clap: :surrender:

As for helping with the number of bag count, I'll do my best but last year my head almost exploded from running around trying to keep track of ever damn DDR member in the area and how many stupid bags they collected. :blury: Maybe this year there will more help and I won't have to do it all on my own. I'm not gonna stress about it like last year...especially for a plastic trophy. :no_no:

Have I mentioned that I'm over it yet? yeah..I'm over it. :laughoff: I really just wanna go out and have some fun. :grin::rules:

Those tickets are really expensive, and get more spendy when you have empty containers. I understand Pete, you have done a great job with getting everyone rounded up to go out there.

Kelly my truck isn't going anywhere away from camp this trip. It's staying hooked to my hauler. Who knows what could happen if I leave camp with it. I might get a reckless driving ticket if it's driven in the sand again. :no_no: Trucks in the sand are a no no! :clap: :surrender:

As for helping with the number of bag count, I'll do my best but last year my head almost exploded from running around trying to keep track of ever damn DDR member in the area and how many stupid bags they collected. :blury: Maybe this year there will more help and I won't have to do it all on my own. I'm not gonna stress about it like last year...especially for a plastic trophy. :no_no:

Have I mentioned that I'm over it yet? yeah..I'm over it. :laughoff: I really just wanna go out and have some fun. :grin::rules:

Sorry Pete, didn't mean to refresh a bad memory. :D Can't blame ya for that, completely understandable!

Besides, you're gonna have a new toy to play with, so relax, we're lining up the help for ya!

Now as to keeping count of the DDR bags, that is why we are trying to organize drop-off point(s). Make it easier for everyone to turn in bags and get their credit for raffle tickets.

As Tiff put it:

Let Kelly, Jackie and me take care of this part of cleanup. I'm sure we can handle it -- chicks are good at that stuff!!

I will be more then happy to help with anything that needs to be done. I'll round up some note books, stickers and whatever else I can find to help out. Do any of the "girls" working need gloves? I can bring a box or two of latex gloves. Weeee! I'm getting excited to see everyone.