How to make my YFZ Haul ass

Sand_YFZ

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on the type of race gas. some have alot more oxygen in them. may make a difference.

U4 is a oxygenated fuel thats what phatblack or sand yfz was talking about so you have go up on the main.

We did a ron woods system on yfz 450 2 weeks ago and put it on the dyno and it pulled 50 hp.

• 2 weeks later...

sand yfz thank you very much for the jetting help it was soooooo much better the only thing i didnt do was adjust the fuel mixture screw only because i wasnt sure exactly where it was i have never messed with carbs before and it seemed everybody i knew said it was something different so to be safe i didnt listen to any of em. i am thinking about doing some more ez mods to my bike in the future like maybe cams and a rev box not sure though.

• 2 weeks later...

You should see busa powered ds's go. A banshee frame is just way to far of the mark to accomodate a big inline 4. That damn frame and setup is almost 20 years old. It just takes way to much to make a banshee go. Just my.02

• 2 weeks later...

sand yfz thank you very much for the jetting help it was soooooo much better the only thing i didnt do was adjust the fuel mixture screw only because i wasnt sure exactly where it was i have never messed with carbs before and it seemed everybody i knew said it was something different so to be safe i didnt listen to any of em. i am thinking about doing some more ez mods to my bike in the future like maybe cams and a rev box not sure though.

What mods do you have done your bike now?

I have a pipe and K&N on mine and was going to get into the carb to see what the guy did to it before I bought it and I just want to make sure I get the right jets before I take it apart. Next will be the cam mod.

as far as performance the only mods are a white bros slip on pipe and pro designs air filter. i have been thinking about the accelerator pump cover, rev box, header to go with the pipe and a set of hot cams. the cams will probably be the 1 mod i am not sure about yet. i was hoping to chat with sand yfz last weekend but when his axle decided not to co-operate with his riding plans he headed out and i didnt get a chance to talk to him.

To anybody with any jetting suggestions. Just got my 06 450 a week ago. I have the ESR airbox eliminator kit, Curtis Sparks full exhaust, and the cam mod done. I am running a 45 pilot, 170 main, and 4th clip on the NCVQ needle with 2 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw and 100 octane. My next trip out to Dumont will be on the 7th. Just wondering if anyone thinks this will be close to Dumont standards. I have read that the 06s come leaner than the 04s and 05s. Just want to get close before heading out.

What mods do you have done your bike now?

I have a pipe and K&N on mine and was going to get into the carb to see what the guy did to it before I bought it and I just want to make sure I get the right jets before I take it apart. Next will be the cam mod.

BEWARE!!!! I am sure if you have looked into how to do the cam mod or if you have done it before, you already know about the little half moon shaped circlips. These things can be very tricky. I had one fall off and land right underneath the cam, another 1/4 of an inch and it would have been in the bottom of my motor. :headbang: Make sure not to leave any open gaps leading down into your motor. Plug it up with some rags!!!! :skeet: :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Also dont forget in 05 or 06 the cam mod is already done for you so dont go tearin apart the head until you double check...

and those half moon retainers are a BIATCH if you drop em in the bottom of the case..

Also dont forget in 05 or 06 the cam mod is already done for you so dont go tearin apart the head until you double check...

and those half moon retainers are a BIATCH if you drop em in the bottom of the case..

It isn't done on the 06s. I just did mine over the weekend. The local shop said they do not come with the yz timing. Also Dirt Wheels had an article in it the last issue that shows you step by step on an 06.

isbb you seem to have alot of knowledge on this motor, either in the 2 wheeled or 4 wheeled form it is basically the same ? of course with a few things different. i have read lots about the cam trick. whats your take on the cam trick versus just buying a set of hot cams ? mine is an 04 by the way.

actually i just do alot of reading... i have yet to tear mine apart to REALLY get to know my motor...

After reading on thumpertalk.com in thier YFZ Section everyone over there is a bit confused.. everyone says it has it some say it doesnt... no one can get a straight awnser... IF the cam is anything like the YZF 2 wheeler w/ the autodecomp you cant just retard or advance the cam because of the decompression thingy on the end of the cam wont open the exhaust valve far enough to do any good... so the solution for our WR's was to just throw a YZ Cam in there... Im not all that familiar w/ the quad stuff though.. allthough the internals are pretty darn close to being the same..

yeah i know they are very confused i actually spent one afternoon and read through every page and any article i saw on the yfz performance "tricks". i really wanted to sell my bike and get something else after that. those guys are a bunch of A holes. im sure there are a few that have some knowledge. i couldnt find any simple answer to some jetting questions i had. sandyfz was the shiznit on that subject. i asked him about the accelerator pump cover also and he explained why it is better instead of just quoting boyesen :beercheers: thats why ill gladly fly a ddr flag on the top of my whip. you guys are all no nonsense and very helpitive dudes. :happydrunks:

ahhhhhh you picked up on that huh i was wondering if somebody would i found a site that does flags and they had a bunch of designs plus you could do custom work so being the faithfull ddr rider i am i had them make me one it should be here tomorow. i went with a black flag with yellow letters and my name underneath many options on flag colors and stitching styles and colors. i hope it turns out cool. as soon as i get it on the pole i will post a picture under the ddr gear thread best part is it was only fifteen bucks.

legally doesnt mean dookie you know how many illegal flags i saw at dumont its like going to the border and telling the mexicans it is illegal to come to the U.S. :happydrunks: besides that this just adds to your existing pole underneath the already legal flag the ads says it comes with brackets? so we will see how it is