Stripper pole

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the rangers that were video taping this for "evidence" were laughing and making lude comments and got reported to there superiours alot of people were upset due to our children and the no glamis atmosphere they want i wasnt there i got told afterward by the people that made the call ....................................

Geez Comp at night is like some scene from Mad Max or Close Encounters anyway. I might take my kid over there say before 9 but no later....to damn dangerous over there at night. A stripper Pole or someone dancing on it is not my biggest fear for my child at night at Comp. I have never seen the stripper pole thing out there, I am pretty sure I would have to check it out if it were there but then after words I could act all righteous and indignant and say how horrible it was to see adults partying and acting crazy at night in the middle of the sand dune.

I say let the stipper pole stay but remove the steel marking off the finger dune poles!

Ken, it is not my fear that the "stripper pole" and naked girls are at comp hill it's the people who go there for that attraction. You say that it's to damn dangerous over there, well your right. The stripper pole is just another excuse for the dumbazz's to drink them selves into oblivion and then get in a car/truck/quad or bike and then haul a$$ right over the top of the innocent people who are just watching the spectacle! I have nuthing against naked women and nothing against stripper poles as long as they are in the right place(age controlled etc.) When's the last time you were in a stripper club where they let anyone in and had no control over the people attending. Ever been to a bachelor party or frat house party where things got out of hand? Do you want your child to see that much less be an innocent victim of such"an event"?

I do not usually go to the hill at night due to the above reasons, also I don't drink and drive, it's usually cold and dusty at the hill and it's nice and warm with cold beer at my fire and I am surronded by good friends that I go to Dumont to be with not the ones that go to ruin all that we have.

Just my 2 cents and I am again stepping off my soapbox. :offtopic:

Ken, it is not my fear that the "stripper pole" and naked girls are at comp hill it's the people who go there for that attraction.

Yep, that's pretty much what I said....

....It's not that the stripper pole is that bad- it's the kind of crowd it attracts. You will get alot of drunks in one spot and that crowd will eventually be pretty hard to manage if things got out of control.....

Once you start getting that many drunk people partying in one little spot many things can and usually will happen....fights, stabbings, drunk riding/driving, underage drinking, etc. It's sucks, but it's the truth. Some people just can't drink and have a good time without starting trouble. :offtopic::offtopic:

Thats why i park on top of the hill & watch the carnage from there :offtopic:

Not questioning your reasons but if you watch from where ever does that not mean that you approve of what is happening? If less people went over there and "watched" then the draw would be less likely for the show offs and macho flatbillers that bring this crap with them. Just throwing this out there. :laughing::offtopic:

Not questioning your reasons but if you watch from where ever does that not mean that you approve of what is happening? If less people went over there and "watched" then the draw would be less likely for the show offs and macho flatbillers that bring this crap with them. Just throwing this out there. :dunno::offtopic:

I see what your saying but when your that far away you really cant see any one thing that is going on just the lights & kaos, i do have kids as well as a 14 year old daughter & that is not what im teaching her, how to dance on a pole or show her ts but im sure like your self just passin thru checkin things out keeping my distance & spending quality time with the family& freinds :offtopic::laughing:

Yep, that's pretty much what I said....

Once you start getting that many drunk people partying in one little spot many things can and usually will happen....fights, stabbings, drunk riding/driving, underage drinking, etc. It's sucks, but it's the truth. Some people just can't drink and have a good time without starting trouble. :offtopic::offtopic:

I completely agree with this statement!! Instant a-hole, just add alcohol!

Some of you have said "keep it in camp", but I think that may make the problem worse. It seems that we all agree that the issue is with how the crowd behaves; do you really want that crowd IN camp? There are way more children in the camping area as well, and more vehicles and pedestrians. I don't think these people are going to deny strangers walking into their camp to watch because that is what they're looking for, otherwise they wouldn't be @ Comp in the first place. How about we all go to the dunes to ride? If you can't go 4 days without seeing some sluts stop in Pahrump on your way out.

Some of you have said "keep it in camp", but I think that may make the problem worse. It seems that we all agree that the issue is with how the crowd behaves; do you really want that crowd IN camp? There are way more children in the camping area as well, and more vehicles and pedestrians. I don't think these people are going to deny strangers walking into their camp to watch because that is what they're looking for, otherwise they wouldn't be @ Comp in the first place. How about we all go to the dunes to ride? If you can't go 4 days without seeing some sluts stop in Pahrump on your way out.

:thumb::blury::cripple:

The people that are doing this stuff don't care what we think or think about how it effects what we enjoy doing. They are ruining it and don't even have enough sense to know it or care.

lock up

take their toys

fine the crap out of them

Hopefully they wont be back................

You know what would help...

Next time you see a ranger, tell him/her how you feel about that kind of thing coming to Dumont. Or give the BLM a call and express your feelings. Either way, express your support for how they handled it last time and ask them to keep doing what they did.

Friends of Dumont Dunes can share this information and your TRT representatives (Ynot, Sandemon) can share this information but it would be extra strong coming from the individuals themselves.

Vicki

I say let the stipper pole stay but remove the steel marking off the finger dune poles!

He does have a point, as a stripper pole doesn't have the potential to take lives like the rebar I constantly see at the dunes....and those who use it feel righteous about it's use. However....it does almost seem like apples and oranges.

Really, stripper poles? How under-sexed are some of you? Keep this crap in Glamis.

Well stated.

haha i concur.

:thumb:

When I first read this post I just shook my head and said WHY? Now after reading the remainder of the posts I shake my head and say WHY?

WHY would you bring this to a family type area where age control is impossible. Second, why would you bring something that you are going to get hassled for right under the Law Enforcement Officers noses and than b*tch that "they shut you down" Last thing I had heard about the t-day incident was it cost you $1300.00 in fines and you were lucky that they wern't pushing stiffer charges against you. Now you want to come back and do it again?

What part of this equasion am I missing? Or maybe I am not the one missing it?

I stopped going to comp hill on Thanksgiving 2005 just because of this incident. It showed me that all the things that I don't like happening at the dunes were there all in one place and by me going it was being a hypocrit.

So do what you want but I personally hope they write you, book you and take your rig as evidence.

I fight to keep Dumont open for my kids and grandkids and I don't want to see yahoo's like this ruin it for them.

Now I am off my soapbox!

I agree dumont is for family :blury:

I agree, there are alot more family oriented people out there and the rangers are going to give you a hard time no matter what. If its not the rangers its probably going to be some upset parents.. what will probalbly happen is just what happened at glamis, if the hill gets to roudy, curfue!!!!

Ok u guys talk about the striper pole being a bad thing, but whats the diffrace form them dancing on a pole compare to all the people driving around at comp topless and flashing people. And if your so worried about your kids why would you let them run around at comp in the middle of all the crazzies in the late hours of the night. maybe they should creat a cerfue for the under aged. the stripper pole was never intended to be an accual stripper show at comp. it was ment to be a joke, a decoration for our chill spot at the bottom of the hill. we cant controll what other peoples children do. if they deside to show thier t*ts thats thier choice...

Oh please! You can control it by not encouraging it. And there is no difference between the flashers and the strippers, they're just sad people who need validation from random male approval.

Even as a joke it unfortunately has the seriouse side affects afore mentioned. It's not just about the children but all of us.

Ok u guys talk about the striper pole being a bad thing, but whats the diffrace form them dancing on a pole compare to all the people driving around at comp topless and flashing people. And if your so worried about your kids why would you let them run around at comp in the middle of all the crazzies in the late hours of the night. maybe they should creat a cerfue for the under aged. the stripper pole was never intended to be an accual stripper show at comp. it was ment to be a joke, a decoration for our chill spot at the bottom of the hill. we cant controll what other peoples children do. if they deside to show thier t*ts thats thier choice...

Spell Check :thumb:

Well the difference is that if somebody wants to run by and show her Ta-Ta's then that's her decision to take that responsibility upon themselves. However if you bring a Stipper pole as a GATHERING spot then you take the responsibilities on.

It's not the one's,twoses we are talking about it is the creation of an "event" that causes the problems.

I used to go to comp hill all the time and I must say I must be unlucky cause the only naked I saw was some guy riding his 2 wheeler with a g string on a cold Halloween night, not much to see!

I agree about kids late at night but what about the influennce that this has on 14-16 year old kids that are allowed maybe for the first time to get to go to comp hill with their buddies? Drinking, fighting and DUI will cause problems and they could be an innocent victim. I really don't want somebody knocking on my M/H door to tell me that my kid or grandkid is dead cause some a-hole left the stripper pole all boozed up and macho'd and ran over them by mistake.

You might think I am a old fuddy duddy that has it out for comp hill, that's not true. I am older and have seen enough in the last 32 years of going to Dumont to see the changes and the prices that are paid for it. I just want to keep the place safe, clean and open. If you want to be an azz-hole go to glamis or better yet stay home and leave us true off roaders alone.

they shut us down at comp too but we had a bunch of girls daning up there nude. the rangers told us we had to keep it in camp and put up some sort of plined so no one could see it...

or

These two statements don't seem to jive, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

Regardless, the point I believe you may be missing is the use of common sense when determining what really is acceptible public behavior. Would you be defending the use of a stripper pole in the middle of a grocery store? Of course not. And this should be no different.

Our public riding areas (and I stress the word "our") are not only used by one type of person, they are open to all types. In order to preserve this, there has to be some common sense and even a little restraint, when deciding just how to recreate on our lands.

The bottom line, I believe, is that Dumont is not open to adults only. There is no age limit. As such, introducing adult-only entertainment is simply inappropriate.

Vicki

Edited by SailAway

As for myself, I speak as a mom who just in the last year have let my kids come out to comp at night at all!! I promise you, it's not to see "T&A" flaunted all around us. We prefer to watch idiots roll their trucks, wheelie their Rhinos, and those Sobe bombs we keep hearing so much about. :stirthepot::laughoff::laughoff: