Stripper pole

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first read this post I just shook my head and said WHY? Now after reading the remainder of the posts I shake my head and say WHY?

WHY would you bring this to a family type area where age control is impossible. Second, why would you bring something that you are going to get hassled for right under the Law Enforcement Officers noses and than b*tch that "they shut you down" Last thing I had heard about the t-day incident was it cost you $1300.00 in fines and you were lucky that they wern't pushing stiffer charges against you. Now you want to come back and do it again?

What part of this equasion am I missing? Or maybe I am not the one missing it?

I stopped going to comp hill on Thanksgiving 2005 just because of this incident. It showed me that all the things that I don't like happening at the dunes were there all in one place and by me going it was being a hypocrit.

So do what you want but I personally hope they write you, book you and take your rig as evidence.

I fight to keep Dumont open for my kids and grandkids and I don't want to see yahoo's like this ruin it for them.

Now I am off my soapbox!

I have to agree w/ Terry leave this stuff at Glamis :laughoff: Thats why I go to Dumont it is kid friendly :laughoff: Until this type of B.S. starts :laughing:

:laughoff::laughoff::laughing:

Everything evolves in steps/increments. Glamis did not become the freak show that it is overnight... it took years for the increments to transpire.

Stripper poles, etc. is just a step/increment in that direction. What would be next?

Before I had kids, I didn't really care and enjoyed the spectacle of Glamis. Now that I do have kids and have matured, we have pretty much stopped going to Glamis just for this reason. The comprehensive element of Glamis (meaning that the activities that go on at Glamis attract people that do not enjoy and respect our sport of duning/offroading... they are only their to "party" and all that that entails without the close watch of authroities) is not what I want my family subjected to... at least on holiday weekends. Thousands of people travel from So Cal to Glamis (3-4 hours) without sand toys just for this purpose. Vegas is half this distance to Dumont and this would be just the beginning. Sure this same type of people go to Dumont now, but the numbers and percentages are still low compared to Glamis.

My point of all this is.... stripper poles would be the next step/increment in that direction and I don't like it.

When people ask why I stopped going to Glamis very much, my reply has always been that Dumont is more family oriented and I felt safer with my kids on quads there than in the unpredictability of Glamis crowds.

I'll fight to keep it that way!

Have a stripper pole (fire pole) brings up good conversation just like a c*ck pit (flight deck) fot the pilots. I'm game.

Did someone say firepole? :dunno:

Do some people not appreciate the simplicity of friends and cold beers around a fire?

Cold refreshments, a warm fire, good friends and smooth dunes. Those are some of the finers things in life right there. :laughing:

I really could care a less about a stripper pole one way or the other. weather there is one at comp or not wont change the fact that at night comp is full of crazy drunk people no matter what, one will see drunken idiots doing stupid stuff. I have never seen it set up @ Comp, but I have seen drunken idiots being drunken idiots there every single night I have been there.

SKYLLER!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a dictionary or spellcheck or something :mischevious: :smoker: it's hard to be taken seriously when your posts are full of typos and misspelled words. Sorry dude but it makes you look less than smart :thumb::thumb::woo_hoo:

privet = private :blink: accualy= actually

This is really funny! You're criticizing Skyller and you have a typo in your post! Weather = Whether (in the context you used it).

Okay, I'm not trying to be a spell checker, but this was too funny to pass up!!! :hump:

Hey all, Last Thanksgiving we were at Comp. Hill with a stripper pole.

There was no nudity but the BLM and Sherif shut us down saying we needed a permit.

Anyone heard of this ? Or where i could get information/permit ?

I think Comp is overrated! I'd rather stay at camp and have fun!!!

:thumb:

dee dl deee

:mischevious:

this week on As the Sand Blows.............. dykstra wants a stripper pole the rest of the family attacks. will he survive . will his stripper pole survive ?? meanwhile duniemonkey is banning all children from dumont " film at "11" .while don says " bring on the dames" pete is carefully picking his way through this thread. while girl with horns battles back from being under aged and not wanting stripper poles while cmyfirepole has totaly escaped reality by thinking he is the stripper pole , meanwhile kit kat has decided to be a camp shut in, and

and dune smurf sues for peace .

check in next week when you'll hear pete say "WTF" and isbb says " this thread must die doctor"

Edited by barefoot bob

dee dl deee

this week on as the world turns .............. dykstra wants a stripper pole the rest of the family attacks. will he survive . will his stripper pole survive ?? meanwhile duniemonkey is banning all children from dumont " film at "11" .while don says " bring on the dames" pete is carefully picking his way through this thread. while girl with horns battles back from being under aged and not wanting stripper poles while cmyfirepole has totaly escaped reality by thinking he is the stripper pole , meanwhile kit kat has decided to be a camp shut in, and

check in next week when you'll hear pete say "WTF" and isbb says " this thread must die doctor"

you are too funny :mischevious: thats a way to change the topic..... :woo_hoo: :smoker:

dee dl deee

:smoker:

this week on as the world turns .............. dykstra wants a stripper pole the rest of the family attacks. will he survive . will his stripper pole survive ?? meanwhile duniemonkey is banning all children from dumont " film at "11" .while don says " bring on the dames" pete is carefully picking his way through this thread. while girl with horns battles back from being under aged and not wanting stripper poles while cmyfirepole has totaly escaped reality by thinking he is the stripper pole , meanwhile kit kat has decided to be a camp shut in, and

:woo_hoo:

Now that was a good read. :thumb: Made my daily visit worthwhile. :thumb: This joint rocks. :mischevious:

:thumb: :mischevious: :woo_hoo:

There will be a qualifying round for the underaged who think they can be cool. I am the only judge and am easily bribed. GWH- I know you and you don't suck, which is rare, so you will be automatically admitted.

Children under the age of 13 that pass the test will be tethered to the ranger station for the duration of their stay.

I declare Don's hauler as "Ho-central"; it will be located by the rock pile just to piss off the hater family from the other thread.

*No actual strippers were harmed in the making of this discussion*

:beerpint::hello::laughoff:

There will be a qualifying round for the underaged who think they can be cool. I am the only judge and am easily bribed. GWH- I know you and you don't suck, which is rare, so you will be automatically admitted.

Children under the age of 13 that pass the test will be tethered to the ranger station for the duration of their stay.

I declare Don's hauler as "Ho-central"; it will be located by the rock pile just to piss off the hater family from the other thread.

*No actual strippers were harmed in the making of this discussion*

Would that make him "Don Ho"? :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

dee dl deee

:blury:

:hello:

OMG! :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff: That is tooo. Funny. Maybe it should be

"As the Dunes Blow"

or

"Days of DDR"

:beerpint::laughoff:

Bob does have a quite the imagination on him............that was entirely too friggen funny..............

:beerpint::hello::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::idea:

And desertskyz said "Blow"................. :laughoff::thumb:

OK I'm 36 going on 16 with that last one........you got me... :blury:

Edited by HappyHour

dee dl deee

:laughoff:

:beerpint:

:hello::laughoff::laughoff: