Yamaha YFZ450

dreamrr

The theory on that makes sense, but I haven't noticed a difference. I also did all the mods at once so i don't really know what affect just the flywheel change would do.

That is cool just curious, I would have to agree that the theory makes sense, but I still have to stock flywheel. I asked about doing one and was told unless the bike is just a shooter then might not want to do it. So I was curious what your experience has been with it. I originally wanted to do the WR kit, but decided to take it to a builder and let them handle it. I am also thinking about going bigger now, it is like crack just keeps you wanting more!!!!

Edited by mineurbiz

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is cool just curious, I would have to agree that the theory makes sense, but I still have to stock flywheel. I asked about doing one and was told unless the bike is just a shooter then might not want to do it. So I was curious what your experience has been with it. I originally wanted to do the WR kit, but decided to take it to a builder and let them handle it. I am also thinking about going bigger now, it is like crack just keeps you wanting more!!!!

It's a disease, it grows deeper in you and infects everyone you dune with, isn't it great!

The only bad things is trying to keep them dependable but to get more and more out of them. The next thing that I really need is a swingarm. I would love to have a second bike so that I can play with mine more.

1=buy my haulers that i have up for sale for $250.00 they have 1 ride on em they are still new :mc_smiley: they are 21x12x8 7-blade haulers, double buff, mounted on 8x7 blue labels. 2=13/36 gearing. 3rd=ron woods exhaust :DDRrocks: it's a little large but you won't need another when you go big bore.

1=buy my haulers that i have up for sale for $250.00 they have 1 ride on em they are still new :mc_smiley: they are 21x12x8 7-blade haulers, double buff, mounted on 8x7 blue labels. 2=13/36 gearing. 3rd=ron woods exhaust :DDRrocks: it's a little large but you won't need another when you go big bore.

Which Ron Woods, the pug or his other pipe? 13/36, they are 14/41 stock are you talking about a LT-R450?

i wouldnt go to a 13 in the front thats too drastic.i would go with a 14-39,or 14-40...As far as the dyno at powerhouse my friend dyno'ed his 06 YFZ there a while back with esr intake,pulse charger pipe,cam mod and -4 flywheel and it made 48 or 49hp just for reference.Dirty Dyk i think you are confused on the hp reading.Maybe it was you celica gt that made 62hp :mc_smiley: As far as bolt on bikes go ESR bolt on setup,or Ron Woods bolt on set up will work great for sure.Ive seen many YFZ'z back in the day running these setups with great results.However if you go the cheaper route withe the ESR intake i highly suggest porting it.I.E. reshaping that horrible transition at the turn on the aluminum collar with either epoxy which i used or JB weld stick.It helps for sure.The turn is very rough right there. :DDRrocks:

i wouldnt go to a 13 in the front thats too drastic.i would go with a 14-39,or 14-40...As far as the dyno at powerhouse my friend dyno'ed his 06 YFZ there a while back with esr intake,pulse charger pipe,cam mod and -4 flywheel and it made 48 or 49hp just for reference.Dirty Dyk i think you are confused on the hp reading.Maybe it was you celica gt that made 62hp :dunce: As far as bolt on bikes go ESR bolt on setup,or Ron Woods bolt on set up will work great for sure.Ive seen many YFZ'z back in the day running these setups with great results.However if you go the cheaper route withe the ESR intake i highly suggest porting it.I.E. reshaping that horrible transition at the turn on the aluminum collar with either epoxy which i used or JB weld stick.It helps for sure.The turn is very rough right there. :blury:

Arron Does 1 tooth in front = 3 in the rear? I was talking with Scott and with the 22" rear tires we were trying to figure out what would get me back to where the bike is before the bigger tires. I bought a 13T but have not put it on yet, I want to wait until I can buy a swingarm first and then test. But if that is to drastic for what I have done then I will just buy a couple rear sprockets (which I plan on anyways). Any help would be appreciated.

Arron Does 1 tooth in front = 3 in the rear? I was talking with Scott and with the 22" rear tires we were trying to figure out what would get me back to where the bike is before the bigger tires. I bought a 13T but have not put it on yet, I want to wait until I can buy a swingarm first and then test. But if that is to drastic for what I have done then I will just buy a couple rear sprockets (which I plan on anyways). Any help would be appreciated.

Wellllllll im 240lbs and with my aluminum axle stockbore built bike i was running 14-39 with 22" 7 cup triple buffs pulling 4th hard.When i got the x-33 axle i went to a 14-40.So if you are on a stock axle you might want to run a 14-40.By the way the X-33 is for sale if anyone wants it.PM me offers if interested.

Wellllllll im 240lbs and with my aluminum axle stockbore built bike i was running 14-39 with 22" 7 cup triple buffs pulling 4th hard.When i got the x-33 axle i went to a 14-40.So if you are on a stock axle you might want to run a 14-40.By the way the X-33 is for sale if anyone wants it.PM me offers if interested.

Is that yours on EBay?

I think you are wrong , it could'nt have been 62 . more like 52 !! I have yet to get one in the 60 hp range

maybe your run was in 3rd gear :chev_bowtie:

Dan the dino sheet from your shop reads 57hp so your dino must be off... my budies that we did the other dino might not be right on considering it is a moble unit he uses for dino drags at the harley runs but I cant imagine it is off by that much...

Dan the dino sheet from your shop reads 57hp so your dino must be off... my budies that we did the other dino might not be right on considering it is a moble unit he uses for dino drags at the harley runs but I cant imagine it is off by that much...

What side of town do you live on, dynojet is at Craig and Losee.

What side of town do you live on, dynojet is at Craig and Losee.

I live out in BC... when did you buy your 04. I got mine 3days after it was released had to pay $11k for it and that was the cheepest one I could find, should of waited a few months for the price to go down. But it was nice being the only one out at dumont with one for two trips...

I live out in BC... when did you buy your 04. I got mine 3days after it was released had to pay $11k for it and that was the cheepest one I could find, should of waited a few months for the price to go down. But it was nice being the only one out at dumont with one for two trips...

I think it was about a month after the release and paid $7280.00 for it in Utah.

I don't think you can get back to stock gearing with 22"s. You would have to go to a 14/33 or a 15/35 and i don't know if they make a 33 or 35 rear. I was using a simple ratio formula of rear teeth / front teeth x rollout (circumference).

I don't think you can get back to stock gearing with 22"s. You would have to go to a 14/33 or a 15/35 and i don't know if they make a 33 or 35 rear. I was using a simple ratio formula of rear teeth / front teeth x rollout (circumference).

The gearing throws me, I don't know that I need to get back to stock exactly, just something that will give me the best overall performance both out of the hole and up the hill. I have a roll out of 72" and still running the stock gears, I need to buy some rear sprockets and bring someone to the hill that knows what they are doing with me.

The gearing throws me, I don't know that I need to get back to stock exactly, just something that will give me the best overall performance both out of the hole and up the hill. I have a roll out of 72" and still running the stock gears, I need to buy some rear sprockets and bring someone to the hill that knows what they are doing with me.

Start with a 13 up front its cheaper, the rear sprockets are over twice as much as the front. All you really need is a mule (another bike to consistently test against), the sprockets work just like an old ten speed. Just listen to the motor with each set up, if its bogging <down in front, up in back>; if its revving out <up in front, down in back>. Try the 13 upfront with the 22's i'll bet you'll be pleasantly surprised. I bought a 13 front and a 39 rear. I put the 13 on and never even messed with the back.

Trust me you DONT need a 13 in the front.with a stock axle,and 22" 72 rollout haulers 14-40 will work great.

when he says "TRUST ME", listen. he is very fast and has never steered me in the wrong direction several members on this board and yfz tech will back that up

Arron for my education what difference would it make if it is stock axle or not?

Because the stock axle weighs around 25lbs,and an aluminum drag axle weighs about 11lbs.Believe it or not it makes a tooth difference in gearing.When i switched to the x-33 from the drag axle i had to go up a tooth on the rear to stay in the same rpm range i was at before with the aluminum and a 14-39 gearing.So with 22" triple buffs you will want to be at a 14-40 on your gearing with a heavy axle.With a light drag axle you will want to be at a 14-39.Or if you really want to get crafty you can go with a 15-42. :watching:

internal mods for upper 50's to mid 60's on rwh

mine is dyno'd at 59.7 rwh (was)

now should be at 64 to 65 i think with new build. and id be willing to race not for titles as i wouldnt want to tak ur title but for a drink or money!! :laughoff: lol all in good fun.. yet to see a 450 beat me except a 450r with internal mods.. neck and neck all dependant on the hole shot. Again dependant on what dyno and where altitude, moisture,humidity, slicks or knobbies and so on.

go with ur simple bolt on's and you will be happy.. the big 3 pipe intake and sprocket..

Capt.

internal mods for upper 50's to mid 60's on rwh

mine is dyno'd at 59.7 rwh (was)

now should be at 64 to 65 i think with new build. and id be willing to race not for titles as i wouldnt want to tak ur title but for a drink or money!! :laughoff: lol all in good fun.. yet to see a 450 beat me except a 450r with internal mods.. neck and neck all dependant on the hole shot. Again dependant on what dyno and where altitude, moisture,humidity, slicks or knobbies and so on.

go with ur simple bolt on's and you will be happy.. the big 3 pipe intake and sprocket..

Capt.

OH NO it starts again lol, you talking about racing dirty?