Pics from "07 CLEAN UP! lets see 'em.

DuNe45oR

that spider looks like it would eat a human....what the F*%K!!

Yeah, when I went to grab my gas can and saw that thing, whoa!! What is that? I had to grab my camera. Has anybody ever seen a spider like that? I am curious if they are poisonous or not. Believe me, it didn't try to hide or run away. It was one bada%& spider and it knew it.

Come on Dumont Duners, who's seen this before?? What is it called? We called it a rat spider.

Edited by Motoxer007

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't figure out how to copy and paste the pic of the SPIDER, but I am absolutely postive that spiders have 8 legs!!! also I am pretty sure that spiders don't have a face like that :beercheers::flipoff: It looks like some sort of weevil.

Edited by Kens Colors

Have had alot going on this week but now I can complain. It was a fantastic weekend and great clean-up alot of people alot of work (job well done). This is the 3rd or 4th year we have done the clean-up but the first to be dusted as bad as we were. Bent down cleaning glass(alot of it too) out of a fire pit when a truck and two rails buzzed by us and totaly dusted us. I was really glad the stickers on the vehicles did NOT say Dumont Dune Riders but, unfortunately were from another site. Self centered and no class. OK I'm done. :beercheers::flipoff:

Thank you very much Prez, I mean Dune Freak. Here are a couple more photos I hope you all enjoy. We'll be back again. Very laid back atmosphere and quiet at night. I could sleep. :D

Alright, What the @#!*& kind of spiders do you have at Dumont? This one looked like a rat mutated with a spider. Never seen any kind of &%#@ like that before. Anybody know the name of it? This one felt right at home for hours on my gas can. Wasn't afraid of nothing.

In 98 degree weather, the water balloon launcher sure came in handy. And made for alot of laughs. Sorry Bill, but I had to show everybody what our target was with the water balloon launcher. I hope it doesn't offend anyone. Just good clean fun, well maybe not that clean. For the love of god Bill, put your shorts on. :laughoff:

Then way too many margaritas at Taco night made for some stumbling. At least no one was driving. Someone stop this merry-go-round, please. :laughing::laughoff::beercheers:

Then the little ones had to get some hood dancin' in. Look out ladies, the youngsters are gonna show you up. :laughoff::laughoff:

Glamis is still King, but I gotta admit that Dumont Rocks!

:laughoff::laughoff:

Quote of the year< Even while crashing, I was still in control. :laughoff:

That is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. If I saw that in my camp all of Dumont would have heard me scream. I DO NOT do spiders or whatever that is. Yuck!

Edited by sandqueen

That is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. If I saw that in my camp all of Dumont would have heard me scream. I DO NOT do spiders or whatever that is. Yuck!

Well, I guess these are in Dumont. I have never seen one in Glamis, or anywhere else for that matter. It has six legs not eight so I don't know if it is a spider, it is some sort of a crossbreed though. Maybe a rat, 4 legs and spider, 8 legs is why it only has 6 legs. Not sure if it bites. None of the girls wanted anything to do with this thing. :beercheers::laughing:

:laughoff:

:laughoff:

Nobody on this board knows what the heck it is??? I can't believe that.

yea i dont know who said it before...but IMO it looks like a boll weevil and by reading around i saw that they have a various kind of them in Clark County...

resemblance???

Adult_boll_weevil.jpg

how would you like to see this in your house!!! :beercheers::laughing::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

camel_spider_large.jpg

yea i dont know who said it before...but IMO it looks like a boll weevil and by reading around i saw that they have a various kind of them in Clark County...

resemblance???

Adult_boll_weevil.jpg

how would you like to see this in your house!!! :beercheers: :eatdrink021: :beercheers::drinkbeer: :mc_smiley:

camel_spider_large.jpg

:beerpint: Hey, are those Iraqaroons? Vinagaroons from Iraq? Anyway, have 3 pics I'm posting but are from Pres day, oops..... they can be stitched together for a panorama view of all the camp flats. Find your camp. Hope downsizing them from 2816x2112 to 1024x768 approx doesn't hurt the view. Oh yeah, click to enlarge.

post-1632-1175236984.jpg

post-1632-1175237033.jpg

post-1632-1175237071.jpg

Edited by RUn2it

resemblance???

Adult_boll_weevil.jpg

how would you like to see this in your house!!! :beercheers::beercheers::drinkbeer::drinkbeer: :ahhhhh:

camel_spider_large.jpg

OMG! WTF! please tell me that is two creatures stuck together. Yuck!

post-2394-1175469250.jpg

hahahahaha lmao

im pretty sure that is one..."Thing" :dance:

I think it's a Doyen's dune weevil, aka Trigonoscuta. Sure looks like this pic. Sorry I missed the clean-up. Had to go to Maui. :laughoff: Definately next one!

Thank you very much Prez, I mean Dune Freak. Here are a couple more photos I hope you all enjoy. We'll be back again. Very laid back atmosphere and quiet at night. I could sleep. :D

Alright, What the @#!*& kind of spiders do you have at Dumont? This one looked like a rat mutated with a spider. Never seen any kind of &%#@ like that before. Anybody know the name of it? This one felt right at home for hours on my gas can. Wasn't afraid of nothing.

In 98 degree weather, the water balloon launcher sure came in handy. And made for alot of laughs. Sorry Bill, but I had to show everybody what our target was with the water balloon launcher. I hope it doesn't offend anyone. Just good clean fun, well maybe not that clean. For the love of god Bill, put your shorts on. :disco-dance:

Then way too many margaritas at Taco night made for some stumbling. At least no one was driving. Someone stop this merry-go-round, please. :coocoo: :disco-dance: :laughing:

Then the little ones had to get some hood dancin' in. Look out ladies, the youngsters are gonna show you up. :disco-dance: :disco-dance:

Glamis is still King, but I gotta admit that Dumont Rocks!

:thumb: :disco-dance:

Quote of the year< Even while crashing, I was still in control. :disco-dance:

Got an ID on the critter;

Sorry for the delay. I have been chasing lizards at Coyote Hole and Valjean Hills as well as Devil’s Playground.

This is beetle, The Granary Weevil. Very common this time of year.

How was the clean up?

Bill

This guy studies these things for a living.

I'm reading along looking at pictures, then bam...that ugly ugly spider!! I couldn't look or hardly touch the mouse. It also could have been a camel spider if it was really really big...like the ones they have in the Middle East? I know vinegaroons are so ugly too. They will chase you.

Yeah to get down here again I wouldn't look at the screen! I guess the camel spider will jump on a camel's belly, and when it bites it numbs the area, the camel doesn't know it is there. So it keeps eating and next thing you know the camels insides fall out and it kills the camel. I know someone that was in Iraq and he told me that, they are hideous and I am glad they aren't here, they look huge and freaky!

Yeah to get down here again I wouldn't look at the screen! I guess the camel spider will jump on a camel's belly, and when it bites it numbs the area, the camel doesn't know it is there. So it keeps eating and next thing you know the camels insides fall out and it kills the camel. I know someone that was in Iraq and he told me that, they are hideous and I am glad they aren't here, they look huge and freaky!

:banghead::banghead: :angry2: i would be afraid to sleep with thoes around :no_no: :banghead: