Considering the new 2008 Super Duty Ford trucks?:

Duneraider

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Mr. Redass 420 rider. I didn't say that Ford is or isn't going to have problems with the new engine. What I was saying is that it isn't a mechanical problem causing the shortage of the new Navi. Don't be so agro! I don't care about the powersmokes, i got rid of my POS superduty and bought another brand.

I THINK YOU SAID THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THE NEW MOTOR IN THE 1ST LINE OF YOUR QUOTE!! AND BUY THE WAY THEY RECALLED ALL THE NEW SUPERDUTY DIESELS YESTERDAY FOR CATCHING FIRE THROUGH THE EXHAUST???? I THINK I SAID THEY WERE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH TURBOS MELTING????

are you telling us that ford cannot tell what damage is done by a tuner/chip and what isn't? GM dealers can tell, if they know what to look for... Im sure ford does too

ford stops selling superdutys

:banghead:

NO THEY NO WHAT TO LOOK FOR JUST LIKE GM DOES BUT LIKE AN GOOD TECH NOWS THERE ARE WAS AROUND THAT!!! JUST SAYING THAT THE 6.0 CANNOT HOLD UP LIKE IT SHOULD!!! AND THAT ALOT OF THESE CLAIMS PROBABLY SHOULD NOT BE COVERED DUE TO AFTERMARKET USAGE!! I HEARD FORD DECIDED TO PUT THIS NEW MOTOR ON THE MARKET AGAINST NAVISTARS ADVICE! JUST MY 2 CENTS LIKE I SAID I AM A LOYAL FORD GUY AND JUST HATE TO HAVE TO GO BUY A GM TRUCK. I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO GO TO A PUSHER!! AND HAVE YOU GUYS PULL ME OUT WHEN I GET STUCK ON VENDOR ROW!

pete, why is that d-max in the shop? pistons?

Well yes and no. This particular truck was running too much programmer while towing and melted a piston and hurt a cylinder wall as well. The motor got replaced at the customer's expense :laughing: per General Motors. The ticket came to like 11 or 12K with labor. ouch :laughing::laughing: This should be a warning to all those guys that like to crank their programmers up. GM won't warranty your chit if you do damage from aftermarket power up kits. I drive by my pyro ever since I saw this happen to this poor guy. :(

NO THEY NO WHAT TO LOOK FOR JUST LIKE GM DOES BUT LIKE AN GOOD TECH NOWS THERE ARE WAS AROUND THAT!!! JUST SAYING THAT THE 6.0 CANNOT HOLD UP LIKE IT SHOULD!!! AND THAT ALOT OF THESE CLAIMS PROBABLY SHOULD NOT BE COVERED DUE TO AFTERMARKET USAGE!! I HEARD FORD DECIDED TO PUT THIS NEW MOTOR ON THE MARKET AGAINST NAVISTARS ADVICE! JUST MY 2 CENTS LIKE I SAID I AM A LOYAL FORD GUY AND JUST HATE TO HAVE TO GO BUY A GM TRUCK. I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO GO TO A PUSHER!! AND HAVE YOU GUYS PULL ME OUT WHEN I GET STUCK ON VENDOR ROW!

With your demeaner I wouldn't pull you out...I would how ever, pull up a chair and a six pack and enjoy the show. BTW, your caps are on! :shout: :laughing::laughing:

OK this is slightly off topic, but I have a 2006 6.0 and I just recently put the banks kit on it with the programmer and the Palm.. anyway the oil temp warning keeps sounding on the banks kit. there never is a check engine light or anything. I set the limit for warning higher on the Banks Programmer as I got tired of hearing it. SOOO what is the oil temp supposed to run at? what is the MAX oil temp?

The EGT NEVER goes higher than 1200 at the VERY most usualy like 900-1100 with my 5th wheel loaded.

Anybody know?

Thanks guys

P

Edited by Paul Rob

wow....all this ford and gm banter, and nothng about the dodges / cummins, I guess we were all out driving somewhere. LOL

FYI, I can change my fuel filter on a fill up if I wanted too, takes just a couple minutes. I dont have any pesky electronics myself, no efi, no boxes, nothing. Infact as long as my starter gets juice it runs just fine no matter what. Man I love the cummins. Maybe I should replace the belt, its been atleast 75k miles , probably 100k.

wow....all this ford and gm banter, and nothng about the dodges / cummins, I guess we were all out driving somewhere. LOL

FYI, I can change my fuel filter on a fill up if I wanted too, takes just a couple minutes. I dont have any pesky electronics myself, no efi, no boxes, nothing. Infact as long as my starter gets juice it runs just fine no matter what. Man I love the cummins. Maybe I should replace the belt, its been atleast 75k miles , probably 100k.

^^ And there's Jon with his 2 cents about his Cummins like usual. Thanks Jon! :woo_hoo::laughing::laughing::laughing:

well it was getting quiet. I love all the new trucks. I do wonder about the bath the oem s take on warranty stuff though. I ve seen a lot of car guys do it, with camaros, ta's and vettes and mustangs.

Just so you "other " guys feel better, I know a guy that drives a cummins for work, a commercial truck driver. He spent 10k on transmission work in the last 8 months. I did explode my nv4500 5 speed awhile back. It was 3000$ to swap it to a 6 speed nv5600. It better last 10 years.

Well yes and no. This particular truck was running too much programmer while towing and melted a piston and hurt a cylinder wall as well. The motor got replaced at the customer's expense :laughing: per General Motors. The ticket came to like 11 or 12K with labor. ouch :laughing::laughing: This should be a warning to all those guys that like to crank their programmers up. GM won't warranty your chit if you do damage from aftermarket power up kits. I drive by my pyro ever since I saw this happen to this poor guy. :(

i gotta get one of those still... maybe t-rex arms can instal it for me