Considering the new 2008 Super Duty Ford trucks?:

Duneraider

Anything other than oil and filter changes the entire cab of the 2008 F450 has to be removed from the frame.

5472DSCF2082-med.JPG

5472DSCF2084-med.JPG

5472DSCF2081-med.JPG

Hope Chevy brings out a 24K hauler soon,,, Don't wanna deal with this.

We hope Ford can pull off a recovery,, but this,,,

Edited by Duneraider

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5472DSCF2082-med.JPG

5472DSCF2084-med.JPG

5472DSCF2081-med.JPG

Anything other than oil and filter changes the entire cab has to be removed from the frame.

same as the old one there s no diiference!!!any major work the cab has to come off...

ha, and my 98 dodge has had compound turbos for a few years now. The second turbo was 416$ brand new to the door. It only makes around 55 psi. I think I put the second turbo on at around 170k miles, now its inching up on 220k....

Are you sure that it is not out yet :headbang1: It has been out for awhile...they ecven have a 450 if you want to tep up

The twin turbo f-350 is out already , me and dman went down there a couple weeks ago and i test drove one , those things haul a$$ :rockwoot:

FORD IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH NAVISTAR THE ENGINE MAKER OF THE 6.0 AND THE NEW 6.5 TWIN TURBO ENGINES. FROM WHAT I HERE NAVISTAR SAID THE NEW MOTOR WAS NOT READY FOR PRODUCTION AND FORD SAID 2 BAD! I HEARD THE HAUL a$$ BUT ARE HAVING TROUBLE MELTING TURBOS WHEN HAULING TRAILERS?? JUST MY 2 CENTS THOUGH FROM A PROUD 6.0 F250 OWNER. BUT MINE WAS BUILT ON A WEDNESDAY

Anything other than oil and filter changes the entire cab of the 2008 F450 has to be removed from the frame.

5472DSCF2082-med.JPG

5472DSCF2084-med.JPG

5472DSCF2081-med.JPG

OK, why is a 2008 Super Duty already in the shop? This can't be good for Ford. :mc_smiley:

IMO, Ford should pull out of the light-duty diesel truck market until they have this figured out. Their gas engines are just fine and they would save millions in warranty repairs on the diesels. I don't have any problems with the Cat and Cummins engines in their medium duty trucks. In fact, I'd love to own an F550 with the Cummins engine. :ban-split:

Edited by Quadzilladude

There isn't a prob with the new engine. The reason Ford doesn't have any new engines is that Navi ceased production. Ford and Navi are having a pissing contest because of all the warranty claims from the 6.0.

Ford feels that navi should have split the warranty costs incurred from the 6.0 garbage motor. So Ford said fine, we aren't paying you untill this is resolved. Navi said fine, no engines for you. The reason for the new bigger displacement diesels is because of all the emmisions b.s. that is required on 08 diesels. I.E 6.5 ford and 6.7 cummins.

There isn't a prob with the new engine. The reason Ford doesn't have any new engines is that Navi ceased production. Ford and Navi are having a pissing contest because of all the warranty claims from the 6.0.

Ford feels that navi should have split the warranty costs incurred from the 6.0 garbage motor. So Ford said fine, we aren't paying you untill this is resolved. Navi said fine, no engines for you. The reason for the new bigger displacement diesels is because of all the emmisions b.s. that is required on 08 diesels. I.E 6.5 ford and 6.7 cummins.

3.5 MILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF CLAIMS PER MONTH!!! the gov stepped in and made navi restart production!!! Ford does have this new motor out. I don't now how you know there is no problem with this motor??????? I was just putting my 2 cents in from my experience of being in the auto biz!! I am a loyal ford guy and have a 6.0 (wednesday built) if everybody would quit chipping them and adding mods then maybe ford would not be going broke on these warranty claims???? MY stock 6.0 pulls my truck and trailer over the hump and 55-60 no problem!! f250 6inch lift 37x13.5 tires,sandpiper 34sp tag, with a v8 ranger,and full of fuel and water, plus quad and pitbike in back of truck> 08 trucks will void factory warranty with and air or fuel changes from factory including exhaust from what I hear!!

3.5 MILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF CLAIMS PER MONTH!!! the gov stepped in and made navi restart production!!! Ford does have this new motor out. I don't now how you know there is no problem with this motor??????? I was just putting my 2 cents in from my experience of being in the auto biz!! I am a loyal ford guy and have a 6.0 (wednesday built) if everybody would quit chipping them and adding mods then maybe ford would not be going broke on these warranty claims???? MY stock 6.0 pulls my truck and trailer over the hump and 55-60 no problem!! f250 6inch lift 37x13.5 tires,sandpiper 34sp tag, with a v8 ranger,and full of fuel and water, plus quad and pitbike in back of truck> 08 trucks will void factory warranty with and air or fuel changes from factory including exhaust from what I hear!!

are you telling us that ford cannot tell what damage is done by a tuner/chip and what isn't? GM dealers can tell, if they know what to look for... Im sure ford does too

ford stops selling superdutys

:beercheers:

Wow Mr. Redass 420 rider. I didn't say that Ford is or isn't going to have problems with the new engine. What I was saying is that it isn't a mechanical problem causing the shortage of the new Navi. Don't be so agro! I don't care about the powersmokes, i got rid of my POS superduty and bought another brand.

5472DSCF2082-med.JPG

5472DSCF2084-med.JPG

5472DSCF2081-med.JPG

All these new diesels are a pain in the a$$ to work on. The Duramax might even be one of the easiest too and look at what a pain in my a$$ IT is..... :beercheers:

post-3-1174610165.jpg

post-3-1174610189.jpg

All that work and I STILL couldn't find the damn spark plugs to do a tune up! :laughing:

Speaking of crappy things to service........I just changed my buddies fuel filter in his D-max....HOLY HELL!!!! :banghead::laughing:

HA! and those are easy! :laughing: If you can change an oil filter and plug a wire in, you can change a D Max fuel filter. :finger::banghead:

HA! and those are easy! :laughing: If you can change an oil filter and plug a wire in, you can change a D Max fuel filter. :laughing::banghead:

U forgot I have T-Rex arms....Wasn't big on that going through the wheel well thing!!!! :banghead: