are these little cars any good?

DIRTY DYKSTRA

dose any one own either of these cars? whats there top speed? I imagine the drakart will be a lot better in the sand and it has the most travel out of all the mini rails that I have looked at, think it was around 23in...

Keep in mind...just because it has the most (claimed) suspension travel, that doesn't mean it will ride the best or handle the best either. You have to take into factor the car's weight and wheel base too. Those cars do great, but I think for the money a 2 seater like my car (Short Sand Car) or other mini is the way to go.

Also: I don't think you'll be able to really USE :laughoff: one of these cars on a "4 wheeler trail". They are just too damn fast and I could see them gettin squirly as hell in the dirt. :beercheers:

Keep in mind...just because it has the most (claimed) suspension travel, that doesn't mean it will ride the best or handle the best either. You have to take into factor the car's weight and wheel base too. Those cars do great, but I think for the money a 2 seater like my car (Short Sand Car) or other mini is the way to go.

Also: I don't think you'll be able to really USE :laughoff: one of these cars on a "4 wheeler trail". They are just too damn fast and I could see them gettin squirly as hell in the dirt. :beercheers:

:smoker: exactly what i was tryin 2 say

• 1 month later...

If you are going to do more dirt riding then my mini buggy does awesome. We did have the 650cc motor, when we bought mine that was the biggest motor they had, pd 7,000.00. Now they have bigger motor packages. We had to upgrade from the 650cc, instead of spending the 3,000.00 for a turbo, we picked up a geo metro for 50.00 and that motor works great. It would probably do better in the sand (Bob can dune it), but I am still learning how to drive it in the sand. But I love it and can't complain about anything!!

This site has a large variety of what you might be looking for including the better Joyners:

http://www.buggyworld.net/vehicles.html

Here's another site also:

http://extremecartsunlimited.com/photos/in...%20Joyner%20USA

Edited by buggychick

• 10 months later...

My brother had the 650 Joyner and it was quite underpowered for real duning.

However, I drove a friends Ridge Runner (Baja) and WOW.

This thing runs 75 MPH all day long, is quick as heck and has great ergonomic and functional features. It has nearly 18 inches of travel and 22 inches ground clearance. Also, its the same width as a stock Rhino. Great for trails including the Utah Paiute.

If this picture comes in the post (first time). This one from the www.ridgerunner.biz websiteis the actual one that I drove. Its my next ride. Im going to post this as a new thread to see if I can spur some new interest.

post-1328-1207965460_thumb.jpg

Can anyone comment on the Venom Busa powered cars out of Vegas?

Anything good or bad? :6pak:

Their pricing seems to be lower than other mini rail manufacturers.

I'm kinda leaning that way for next season. I know some DDR members are familiar with this style of LT car.

Can anyone comment on the Venom Busa powered cars out of Vegas?

Anything good or bad? :6pak:

Their pricing seems to be lower than other mini rail manufacturers.

I'm kinda leaning that way for next season. I know some DDR members are familiar with this style of LT car.

Venom Busa powered cars out of Vegas?

Never heard of em. :laughoff:

:beerpint: They are asking $19,999 for those and you could pick up a 4 seater w/ a subi right here click for $25,000 obo

I'm in the market for a 2 seater. Also, I was interested in their roller chassis. I can buy an R1 or Hayabusa and finish the install myself. But that is a sweet car for the $! :laughing:

I'm in the market for a 2 seater. Also, I was interested in their roller chassis. I can buy an R1 or Hayabusa and finish the install myself. But that is a sweet car for the $! :laughoff:

Might wanna do some research on that car before you get it, Venom doesn't build that busa rail, someone else does, and i'd be more than happy to give you links to topics about the builder of that rail at minibuggy.net and you can decide for yourself........

Edited by Yoshi