sidexside 4 seaters

Warrior07

now i've seen alot of pics on the net were kids and adults are not wearing some kind of head protection . just curious on your thought about this subject . we went out for our first time on sunday and the kid did'nt seem very comfortable . what's even your thoughts of them at least wearing a bicycle helmet . :headbang1:

post-638-1175784847.jpg

Edited by warrior07

I am ready for this... what people may say

Pete, our kid does not wear his helmet in our Rhino.. Goggles yes for sure! but no helmet. .. now when hes on the quad with us he DOES wear his helmet, course at this point its a bicycle helmet..

BTW nice to meet your wife the other day, I went by your house but you werent out.

I am ready for this... what people may say

Pete, our kid does not wear his helmet in our Rhino.. Goggles yes for sure! but no helmet. .. now when hes on the quad with us he DOES wear his helmet, course at this point its a bicycle helmet..

BTW nice to meet your wife the other day, I went by your house but you werent out.

yeah i was doing the back yard and i think i saw you cruise bye as i was going out the back gate towards the front .sorry i missed ya :laughing: i think i might put the kid in his bike helmet only because the back seat pushes his head forward with the helmet on . when in the front seat all i heard out of him with the helmet on was wheeee heeeee. all i want is for him to be safe but not over restricted . as for your youngin check out alien motors they sale small full face helmets just like my sons pretty much just like a hjc were you can change the liner for diff sizes but smaller . :laughing:

if that is how he actually sits in the seat you need to make some changes. It looks like he is almost laying down? The lap belt appears at about his nipples? he shoulder belt should go over his shoulder at 90 degrees to more then 45 degrees above. Never below the shoulder. I d guess that when your seated in the front seat that the shoulder belts wrap around your shoulder and go down? (unless your very short)

It looks like the easy way to secure him is probably a car seat, or change some things about the belts and seat.

It looks like the easy way to secure him is probably a car seat, or change some things about the belts and seat.

I was going to make that suggestion also!! (I mentioned it back in the thread where you told us he tried to wriggle out of the front seatbelt, before you installed the new seats.) Those harnesses are sized for an adult, not your little guy. :D Him properly strapped into a carseat properly installed in the Rhino should keep him secure and no need for the helmet. IF you did happen to roll it, he ain't goin' nowhere and I think the helmet could do more harm than good to his neck. Just remember the eye protection, please!

post-1889-1175762473.gif

if that is how he actually sits in the seat you need to make some changes. It looks like he is almost laying down? The lap belt appears at about his nipples? he shoulder belt should go over his shoulder at 90 degrees to more then 45 degrees above. Never below the shoulder. I d guess that when your seated in the front seat that the shoulder belts wrap around your shoulder and go down? (unless your very short)

how about a booster seat just to get him higher in the air , but know the belt was at his waist pic just looked :laughing: decieving .

that's why i posted this so i can get some help/ feedback .

Edited by warrior07

I would be more concerned about the belt restraint then the helmet. Helmets go both ways.

Wear a helmet if they can contact anything hard. Ie roll bar, unpadded seat, grab bar, back of front seat, ground if it goes over on the roof.

If there head is in a very nuetral place, ussually dictated by roll bar design then a helmet (esspecially ful face mx helmet probably is not a great idea. A plastic bicycle helmet would be a good compromise if there is a head danger but may not be very realistic or feasable for it to actally happen.

Take some pics with him belted in. Booster may work, but a car seat is probably best. 4-5 yrs old are getting big enough for no extras, 2 and under , probably car seat, 2-3 is hard and really is hard size to fit correctly depending on the kid. My kids are very big (tall) but I use a car seat for my boy (16 months) and nothing for my 4.5 yr old girl. I did consider her size when doing the belts and such.

:laughoff: i'm not starting a helmet thread like that i did'nt want any politics in this . just curious . i can see not putting the helmets on for just cruising around but i personnelly will wear my helmet if i'm alone in it . who knows what you can get into when your only blazing the the trails at mach 1 :laughoff: . :laughoff:

• 2 weeks later...

:DDRrocks: i'm not starting a helmet thread like that i did'nt want any politics in this . just curious . i can see not putting the helmets on for just cruising around but i personnelly will wear my helmet if i'm alone in it . who knows what you can get into when your only blazing the the trails at mach 1 :dunno: . :DDRrocks:

um all i know is dont waer on in a rail i dont know if that goes for thr rino. in a rail u have a more of a chance of breaking ur neck because of the wait , it might be the same for the rino

:dope: i'm not starting a helmet thread like that i did'nt want any politics in this . just curious . i can see not putting the helmets on for just cruising around but i personnelly will wear my helmet if i'm alone in it . who knows what you can get into when your only blazing the the trails at mach 1 :laughoff: . :dope:

yep i agree we had a cracked spindle in our rhino and it broke going down the drive way. but if we were going fast thats a few end-over-end flips. i should start wearing mine

um all i know is dont waer on in a rail i dont know if that goes for thr rino. in a rail u have a more of a chance of breaking ur neck because of the wait , it might be the same for the rino

the only way in a rail is if you have no roof and if the cage sinks. right? but its not safe to ride in a rail w/out a roof in the first place. u could get out of a rhino even if it flips and stays on the roof its a tall cage

Edited by tanner54

i know with my son, and the way he likes to to drive the thing, the helmet is too heavy for his little neck, and after about 20 minutes, he wants to take it off. He now wears his bike helmet, with the 4 point harnesses. he is complaining though. it is about his little legsand how they hurt from the weighto f his lower legs hanging off the seat, and his quads are burning from the workout of tryingto keep them up!!!

poor little guy :dope:

but he DOES like to ride in the ranger

i know with my son, and the way he likes to to drive the thing, the helmet is too heavy for his little neck, and after about 20 minutes, he wants to take it off. He now wears his bike helmet, with the 4 point harnesses. he is complaining though. it is about his little legsand how they hurt from the weighto f his lower legs hanging off the seat, and his quads are burning from the workout of tryingto keep them up!!!

poor little guy :laughoff:

but he DOES like to ride in the ranger

Of course he does. Ask him what that sound is?....Yep, its my ranger beating a rhino :worthless_without_pics: :dope:

Edited by Bound4Dirt