Project "Mammoth"

sand chick

Now I was a little leary :isbb: :gayboy: about continuing and thought WTF some people may want to see some more work being done.

Some reminders - still NOT completed. This is NOT a race truck. This is being built to CRAWL slowly over rocks.

Now I have had several of the guys that we go out rock crawling with "HI DESERT 4X4" club over to do some examining and assisting on this, and so far they like what they see and what the concept looks like. So to continue.

You know I don't mind the constructive critisim and the :dunno: , and the advice, but please if you have never seen my work personally or know me personally don't call me an :idiot: idiot. Thank You

post-2390-1179795067.jpg

post-2390-1179795109.jpg

post-2390-1179795162.jpg

post-2390-1179795186.jpg

Next will be some heavy duty panels

WE ALREADY HAVE A NEW RAIL BEING BUILT TNX DAN :laughing:

Edited by BudlightBob

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I was a little leary :dunno::thumb: about continuing and thought WTF some people may want to see some more work being done.

Some reminders - still NOT completed. This is NOT a race truck. This is being built to CRAWL slowly over rocks.

Now I have had several of the guys that we go out rock crawling with "HI DESERT 4X4" club over to do some examining and assisting on this, and so far they like what they see and what the concept looks like. So to continue.

You know I don't mind the constructive critisim and the :flipoff: , and the advice, but please if you have never seen my work personally or know me personally don't call me an :drunk: idiot. Thank You

post-2390-1179795067.jpg

post-2390-1179795109.jpg

post-2390-1179795162.jpg

post-2390-1179795186.jpg

Next will be some heavy duty panels

WE ALREADY HAVE A NEW RAIL BEING BUILT TNX DAN :laughoff:

Did you sleeve any of the upper cage extentions?

IMO , the X brace behind the seats was done wrong. It appears in the burnout picture that the occupants heads are slightly above the top of the seat, this is exactly where the new X brace goes through, so now you have reduced head clearance and made it more dangerous. The right thing to do would be remove it, put a cross bar in at shoulder level, or highr and remount the belts over the seats not through it. Then work on x barcing in an area that can not hit you in the head.

The roof extension should have been drilled and sleeved, then weld the drill holes on the sleeve, then the extension?

IMO , the X brace behind the seats was done wrong. It appears in the burnout picture that the occupants heads are slightly above the top of the seat, this is exactly where the new X brace goes through, so now you have reduced head clearance and made it more dangerous. The right thing to do would be remove it, put a cross bar in at shoulder level, or highr and remount the belts over the seats not through it. Then work on x barcing in an area that can not hit you in the head.

The roof extension should have been drilled and sleeved, then weld the drill holes on the sleeve, then the extension?

Yes the roof extention was drilled and sleeved.

The X brace. :flipoff::laughoff: didn't think about that. Great advice, thank you.

There really wasn't another option on the back end bracing. If you put the cross bar at shoulder level, would it still be sturdy? With the roof extension we were able to move the seats forward by 5 inches, that doesn't show in the current pictures, which gives approx 7 inches between the X bar and the back of the seat. After you brought this up, I got in it tonight, strapped in and was not able to hit my head on the bars. However I am not that tall 5'6.

So what to do?

Edited by buggychick

i dont want a ride... i wanna drive it :D

I'd let you drive it :laughoff:

Once we get it right. Anyone with Homer drinking a keg is :DDRrocks: in my book :flipoff:

Oh yeah and what she said in the previous post, I'll have to get in it myself. I didn't thnk I would hit straped in, but would it be strong enough at a lower shoulder level?

Edited by BudlightBob

• 1 month later...