• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Trucks/ Pre-runners look like this:

tt8.jpg

tt18.jpg

tt26.jpg

Truggy's look like this:

022.jpg

We all are correct- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truggy "The most common recreational uses of truggies are rockcrawling, and desert racing, such as the Baja 1000."

Hell the definition of Truggy has the TH buggy in it- :flipoff:

Since I'm mainly into rockcrawling I never thought to extend the name to desert racing but it only makes sense. I want to make my truggy a go-fast rockcrawler so I can have fun with it here in the desert or dunes yet still crawl.

quote name='maxdout' post='70497' date='Apr 26 2007, 08:30 PM']

THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE, I WONT EVEN START. DID ANYONE OF YOU...............CONSIDER "SAFETY FIRST" OR DID I MISS SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL IN ALL, I THINK YOU SHOULD FORGET----FABRICATION, AND STICK TO TOWING! JUST MY OPINION, I WOULD NOT RIDE IN THAT DEATH TRAP IF YOU PAID ME. :flipoff:

You know I was soooo gonna let this pass, BUT #1 you have NO idea what he is capable of!! #2 THE PROJECT IS NOT COMPLETED!!!

Here are some samples of COMPLETED projects....Some sold to VERY satisfied customers!

From this

post-2396-1177654578.jpg

To this

post-2396-1177654642.jpg

post-2396-1177654674.jpg

And then we have these all of which might not be the prettiest of things, but all customers have been happy and Bob stands behind his work, if its not right he'll make it right!

post-2396-1177654735.jpg

post-2396-1177654769.jpg

post-2396-1177654809.jpg

post-2396-1177654861.jpg

Did I mention its NOT completed??? AND that its JUST FOR FUN????

Sorry everyone I don't lose my cool very often and I try to be a nice person all the time but I know what my husband is capable of and he would NEVER put my life purposefully in danger!! This WILL be my toy when completed!

:dope::beerpint:

Edited by buggychick

I just think if it isnt expensive Maxdout doesnt think its cool. It has to be alot of money or its worthless and stupid...at least thats the image he portrays to me.

He has never once complimented on anybodys projects on DDR

Keep doing on what you are doing and HAVING FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because that is the main thing

Edited by sanddunesaddict

Hey Thanks! Thats what you have to do in life! Have fun or you ain't living!

I came back cause I forgot to mention that my humble husband is also NASCAR certified and has worked on numerous race cars, not at the cup level, but still. He has also been helping with a SCORE offroad race bug, whose owner has also been assiting on this build.

:flipoff:

I feel better now! :D

Hey Thanks! Thats what you have to do in life! Have fun or you ain't living!

I came back cause I forgot to mention that my humble husband is also NASCAR certified and has worked on numerous race cars, not at the cup level, but still. He has also been helping with a SCORE offroad race bug, whose owner has also been assiting on this build.

:flipoff:

I feel better now! :D

Yuo can try to bullsh*t them but you can't bullsh*t me

Also the Fugly(I like that name)may be fun to drive but could be dangerous if rolled over,say like on a dry lake at mediocore speed with your son as a passenger.(will he be allowed in it?)

and how come your so sensitive???

Yuo can try to bullsh*t them but you can't bullsh*t me

Also the Fugly(I like that name)may be fun to drive but could be dangerous if rolled over,say like on a dry lake at mediocore speed with your son as a passenger.(will he be allowed in it?)

and how come your so sensitive???

When its completed yes I will ride in it. As I understand it there is going to v bracing in front and back, a diagnal brace across the top, and extra side bracing when its COMPLETED! Lets NOT get ahead of the game here.

And as for dangerous of rolling as I did on say like a drylakebed. I will not live in a box afraid of everything. Quads are dangerous, cars are dangerous and I am not going to stop driving/riding! The ONE thing that accident taught me was to live your life like you may not make it to tomorrow. NEVER take a day for granted.

When its completed yes I will ride in it. As I understand it there is going to v bracing in front and back, a diagnal brace across the top, and extra side bracing when its COMPLETED! Lets NOT get ahead of the game here.

And as for dangerous of rolling as I did on say like a drylakebed. I will not live in a box afraid of everything. Quads are dangerous, cars are dangerous and I am not going to stop driving/riding! The ONE thing that accident taught me was to live your life like you may not make it to tomorrow. NEVER take a day for granted.

Yes thats all true,but will your mom let you? she wouldn't let you ride a motorcycle bigger than a pit bike!

If you live "life like you may not make it to tomorrow"why didn't you try the KX500 or DRZ400? at least for a short ride :beercheers:

Not planin on feelin over. but thanks.

Only a U-joint.

Does anybody plan on rolling?(guess I need to use spell check)

Glad to hear your planning some diagonal bracing :beercheers:

I'd like to drive it even as is, dangerous is fun if your the one in control

This project is currently on hold as Bob has two jobs that just came up, a build for a desert runner truck and another mini buggy motor upgrade and those get 1st priority. And the boat is going in after those two! :driver:

Will post more when he gets back up and running with it!

:dope::D :mic:

This project is currently on hold as Bob has two jobs that just came up, a build for a desert runner truck and another mini buggy motor upgrade and those get 1st priority. And the boat is going in after those two! :boxer:

Will post more when he gets back up and running with it!

:chkn: :D :no_no:

Sounds impressive,Being a "NASCAR"and SCORE cetified mechanic Bob must be in very high demand. I'm planning a new toy maybe he could advise me on it.

Its a combination rockcrawler/sand rail/grocery getter/trophy truck, it must have 30" wheel travel,800 bhp

low center of gravity,30mpg,run on any type of fuel,Onstar,kegerator,street legal and be able to tow itself home when it brakes.

What do you think can ya handle it? I got about $800 to spend

P.S. a/c would be nice so I can run in the summer

:isbb:

Edited by lakecitydan

Sounds impressive,Being a "NASCAR"and SCORE cetified mechanic Bob must be in very high demand. I'm planning a new toy maybe he could advise me on it.

Its a combination rockcrawler/sand rail/grocery getter/trophy truck, it must have 30" wheel travel,800 bhp

low center of gravity,30mpg,run on any type of fuel,Onstar,kegerator,street legal and be able to tow itself home when it brakes.

:chkn:

:boxer: :no_no: :isbb:

:no_no:

you thought way too hard about that one. :isbb: :chkn:

:chkn:

If anybody here can do that ?? Bob probably can :D

Would you like an automatic tampon dinspenser as well? I could get one out of a bathroom really cheap!! :laughing::think::beercheers::stick_smack::laughing::laughing:

Thanks Paul. At least someone likes to have fun.

Edited by SANDBOB1973

Would you like an automatic tampon dinspenser as well? I could get one out of a bathroom really cheap!! :think::think::stick_smack::laughing::laughing::laughing:

That could be handy I think it will be a real chick magnet if you can help me build it right :beercheers:

could we ad a gun rack too!

Edited by lakecitydan

Just thought I would give you guys something else to keep you laughing and smiling.

The mammoth went back in the garage and came out like this

post-2390-1178591208.jpg

post-2390-1178591259.jpg

:pissed::boxer::shake:

But it does a good burn out

post-2390-1178591330.jpg

No its back in for modifications and strengthening to the sides, top, etc. I know you guys are worried about what happens if it flips, not that we are planning on fliping, but I WILL make it safe.

Besides you have to have fun with it. Right? :laughoff: :jester: :laughoff: :jester:

OK I just have to say one thing "Junkyard Wars" That was one of my favorite "reality shows" of all time. I always wanted to be on that show.

I think your creations are cool as hell, maybe not 50 to 100 grand toys, but I know the process itself is most of the Fun.

I don't know if they are "safe or not", but NO ONE plans on flipping or crashing. But, one of the smartest things I have learned is, "you don't plan for the ride you plan for the crash".

If I lived in that neck of the desert I would really like to hang out and watch, help, get dirty,etc.

I hope to meet you guys sometime out at Dumont, I saw you at Cleanup but didn't get a chance to say hi.

• 2 weeks later...

Heeeeere's your smiley!!

post-1889-1178610430.gif post-1889-1178610430.gif post-1889-1178610430.gif

OK I just have to say one thing "Junkyard Wars" That was one of my favorite "reality shows" of all time. I always wanted to be on that show.

I think your creations are cool as hell, maybe not 50 to 100 grand toys, but I know the process itself is most of the Fun.

I don't know if they are "safe or not", but NO ONE plans on flipping or crashing. But, one of the smartest things I have learned is, "you don't plan for the ride you plan for the crash".

If I lived in that neck of the desert I would really like to hang out and watch, help, get dirty,etc.

I hope to meet you guys sometime out at Dumont, I saw you at Cleanup but didn't get a chance to say hi.

Thanks. Exactally! You get an idea :isbb: you have the time, materials, Budlight, and some good friends. It gives you a reason to hang out in the garage, drink a few :dunno: , do some BSing and you never know what you will come out with. That's the fun of it all.

Was going for WTF factor - accomplished!

Was going for the have fun factor - accomplished!