Project "Mammoth"

sand chick

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uuuumm :cry: you cut up your rail to do that!! :bawl:

:blury::barf:

Why not?? Its summer, not using it now. Besides we are in the market for a four seater. Kept all the important stuff, motor, wheels, etc. etc. All we have to do before next season is find a four seater frame, put it all back together and POOF back in business. We'll have one ready before the season starts. :banghead: :dance:

Bob was going for the WTF factor in this build and so far its a success! :D By the time its totally complete we'll be into it bout $800.00. :blury:

I do have to say.. Bob put this togther in a really short amount of time, and he made it run! he definatly has some enginuity. :cry: :dance: :bawl::barf:

You have NO idea!

:blury::banghead::blury:

I wish I had some pix of the other stuff he's built. He turned a golf cart ice cream truck into a fully functioning golf cart tow truck! Cause the small town in Nor Cal that we lived in everyone ran around in golf carts and well we own the tow truck co.

now thats a picture I want to see.. A golf cart tow cart... :D

I will continue to look for that! I didn't realize that the tow shop had sold it :(:beercheers: I was going to have someone go out and take pics of it and email to me. Damn :stick_smack: I think I have one somewhere that I can scan.

I think it is a neat creation but I think you need to rethink your title..... That's no truggy

This, my friend, is a truggy

022.jpg

Isn't that a trophy truck?? :headbang1::happydrunks:

I have always heard those race trucks referred to as trophy trucks or prerunners. But I really don't know. Please correct me if I am wrong though, cause I really am not sure. Where I am from "truggy" refers to a mixture of a truck and a buggy, hence the name. BUT I am only a kid so I like to learn this kinda stuff. Plan on going to school to learn how to "Pimp" your ride, so fill me with correct knowledge.

Edited by wa.statecrew

Isn't that a trophy truck?? :headbang1::happydrunks:

I have always heard those race trucks referred to as trophy trucks or prerunners. But I really don't know. Please correct me if I am wrong though, cause I really am not sure. Where I am from "truggy" refers to a mixture of a truck and a buggy, hence the name. BUT I am only a kid so I like to learn this kinda stuff. Plan on going to school to learn how to "Pimp" your ride, so fill me with correct knowledge.

You are right.

I'm building a truggy. The pictures I posted on the first page are of truggys.

Trophy Trucks/ Pre-runners look like this:

tt8.jpg

tt18.jpg

tt26.jpg

Truggy's look like this:

022.jpg

Yeah that is kinda what I was trying to say back in this post on the 1st page.

Bob, maybe it should be called a bugguck (buggy+truck= bugguck) :headbang1:

OR buggzer (buggy + Blazer= buggzer) :mc_smiley: :mc_smiley:

Either way you are having fun and thats all that matters. Just be safe. :headbang1::happydrunks:

I know that I am not the smartest person :happydrunks: when it comes to this kinda thing, BUT I don't see any difference? Just curious as Wa.statecrew asked earlier in post.

:mc_smiley: :headbang1::headbang1:

In Wa where we are from originally they called the rock crawlers Truggy's. But Wa doesn't have desert running and they called those trophy trucks, so I think that maybe where some of the :rockwoot: :mc_smiley: confusion is coming from.

So Michael it's a matter of opinion I think.

When complete will be similar to

http://www.azrockcrawler.com/_images/btg/btg.html

If I named the post wrong sorry. Bob did tell be to call it "Project Mammoth" Had already named the post and forgot that is what he wanted me to call it. Chalk it up to too many mudslides that night :coocoo:

Edited by buggychick

You are right.

I'm building a truggy. The pictures I posted on the first page are of truggys.

That's what my idea of a truggy is also. That kinda stuff is what my friends run and they call them truggies. They have a whole "truggy" club.

Trophy Trucks/ Pre-runners look like this:

tt8.jpg

tt18.jpg

tt26.jpg

Truggy's look like this:

022.jpg

I am sorry as I said earlier I am just a kid and now I am really confused cause I don't see the difference :headbang1: in the first three and the last one. Is it in the motor or set up? I really DO want to learn the difference.

Truck + Buggy = truggy?? :happydrunks:

I am sorry to make this so confusing, but as I said earlier, I'll be going off to college soon to learn how to fabricate stuff like this and I don't want a client asking me to make them something and totally be wrong. Or is it really just a matter of opinion. My friends have rockcrawlers and they call them truggies.

That's what my idea of a truggy is also. That kinda stuff is what my friends run and they call them truggies. They have a whole "truggy" club.

I am sorry as I said earlier I am just a kid and now I am really confused cause I don't see the difference :headbang1: in the first three and the last one. Is it in the motor or set up? I really DO want to learn the difference.

Truck + Buggy = truggy?? :happydrunks:

I am sorry to make this so confusing, but as I said earlier, I'll be going off to college soon to learn how to fabricate stuff like this and I don't want a client asking me to make them something and totally be wrong. Or is it really just a matter of opinion. My friends have rockcrawlers and they call them truggies.

if you look the first three trucks have rear fenders and a full front end like a regular truck. the truggie is fender less. and it may be hard to see but the nose of the truggie sorta comes to a point. if you saw these in person toy would see the differance pretty easy. http://www.digital1unlimited.tv/primm300/d....php?driverid=1. check out this video of the herbst truck and truggie

OK OK. The new name is POS. Will that settle what it is? I just through it together with some parts I had in the yard and of coarse a few beers. :beerpint:

Pete can ya change the name to Project Truggy aka. POS the name is in the eye of the beholder??

Maybe this will solve the "truggy" problem :flipoff::dope:

Na thats too long. Can you change it to Project Mammoth?

I think it's just demographics.

Edited by SANDBOB1973

HERE THIS ONE IS EVEN BETTER!

JUST FOUND THIS WEBSITE.

INTO OURS ABOUT 800.00 OR YOU CAN TRY THIS

http://www.timrobelconcepts.net/id24.html

:D:flipoff::dope:

See I am not the only crazy person out there, this guy is just smarter cause he'll probably make all kinds of $$$$$ and I'm doing it for fun!

:D

Thats effin way uglyer than yours, but probably stronger if you feel over and over

Test run was cool. Even in the mud. :dope:

Just a little more work and it will be time for a different project. Here are some pics.

post-2390-1177302833.jpg

post-2390-1177302939.jpg

post-2390-1177303288.jpg

funniest part of the weekend was Jodi's :laughoff: move (see pic in Johnson Valley) :beerpint:

THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE, I WONT EVEN START. DID ANYONE OF YOU...............CONSIDER "SAFETY FIRST" OR DID I MISS SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL IN ALL, I THINK YOU SHOULD FORGET----FABRICATION, AND STICK TO TOWING! JUST MY OPINION, I WOULD NOT RIDE IN THAT DEATH TRAP IF YOU PAID ME. :flipoff:

I am sorry as I said earlier I am just a kid and now I am really confused cause I don't see the difference :dope: in the first three and the last one. Is it in the motor or set up? I really DO want to learn the difference.

Truck + Buggy = truggy?? :flipoff:

truggy= truck w/ no fenders motor mounted in the front it can be the 3 link system in the rear or buggy style a-arms. the car will run in class 1. notice the 100 on the side of the herbst truggy. you can have a class 1 buggy and put the motor in the front then they call it a truggy

Edited by tanner54