How Fast Does a Girl Decide if she likes a guy?

Duneraider

I was sitting at a friends campsite that had a good view of the camp ground.

Off in the near distance, my daughter and her girlfriends were cruising along on her golf cart when a group of boys pulled up next to them at about 5 mph.

The girls looked over at the guys, checked them out, then in a few seconds floored it and left the boys in the dust.

The boys tried to catch up but the girls had more speed and power,, and that was that.

Later:

I asked her how long for any girls to decide if they like a guy or not?

"About 10 seconds" she said.

That really surprised me.

What's your take?

381205_036-med.jpg

Edited by Duneraider

It sounds like you mean to ask if they have gotten to know them enough to like/dis-like them. Really it's first impression that matters. The girls could have looked over in that golfcart and not seen one attractive boy, or the boys could have said something stupid, or they could have smelled....

Example: Early evening @ a bar. I am being hit on and the guy was actually pretty nice. Unfotunatly he had a do-rag, gym shorts, and flip flops on. And a GIANT gold chain. No sale.

There have been lots of times when I didn't like someone right off the bat; then I got to know them and I learned to appreciate (well, tolerate) them. Inevitably that person says or does something so rediculous that I knew my 1st impression was right!

It's probably a good thing these young ladies had a faster golfcart!

It sounds like you mean to ask if they have gotten to know them enough to like/dis-like them. Really it's first impression that matters. The girls could have looked over in that golfcart and not seen one attractive boy, or the boys could have said something stupid, or they could have smelled....

Example: Early evening @ a bar. I am being hit on and the guy was actually pretty nice. Unfotunatly he had a do-rag, gym shorts, and flip flops on. And a GIANT gold chain. No sale.

There have been lots of times when I didn't like someone right off the bat; then I got to know them and I learned to appreciate (well, tolerate) them. Inevitably that person says or does something so rediculous that I knew my 1st impression was right!

It's probably a good thing these young ladies has a faster golfcart!

How long did it take you to get Pete to stop wearing the Do-Rag and the Giant Gold Chain? :smoker: :laughoff:

It's probably a good thing these young ladies had a faster golfcart!

Thank you for "tolerating me" my lil monkie friend!!! Hopefully I wont do something to show you your 1st impression of me was right!!! :smoker: :laughoff::laughoff:

But to answer your question, I dont think you know in the first 10 seconds. Usually a physical attraction can happen that fast. I dont know about anyone else, but for me personally, id rather have someone who is ok looking, can make me laugh and carry on a conversation, then someone who is totally hot!! Usually its those people that are arrogant Aholes and arent worth my time anyways!

Just my :laughoff:

I agree first impressions are def. a key factor in whether or not you have an attraction to a person or not. I always try to get to know a person before writing them off entirely though. My first impression of Bob was :laughoff: and then all my friends and his said noway total player :DDRrocks: Gave him a second chance or he gave me one :flipoff: However 10 years this coming up Aug. :laughoff: and still happy :D still keeping me :laughoff: and sometimes :no_no: :no_no: but thats the stuff life is made of keep it a little :smoker:

Ok thats about as mushy as I can stand.

Yes first impressions are important! But always give someone a chance! :D

I have had alot of people tell me when they first met me they thought I was snobby, but found that not to be true after getting to know me. Its just cause I get nervous meeting new people :laughing:

Edited by buggychick

It also has to do age. Young girls are fickeled. Running away could have been part of the game. They run, Boys chase. Many times if the Girls kinda like the Boys and the Boys don't chase them, then the girls will go looking for them. Then later the Girls will sit around a talk crap about the Boys and in the next breath say how hot they are. :smoker: I have 3 daughters and work in a High School. I get to see this drama unfold every day.

The older people get the more you learn. But, Phyical Attaction is the first attention getter. After that for me it is "Are you Married" or "Have a recent Ex hanging around" or "Do you have Kids".

Pete must have been Master (P)ete back then. Was that when the fullsize was lowered? To bad Steveo didn't have those 20inch spinners back then!!! NWA and Public Enemy bumping in the background.

I think a chick knows in the first 5 minutes if she will.......uh... have "relations" with you. A lil diff than like, but you get the drift..

Pete must have been Master (P)ete back then. Was that when the fullsize was lowered? To bad Steveo didn't have those 20inch spinners back then!!! NWA and Public Enemy bumping in the background.

I think a chick knows in the first 5 minutes if she will.......uh... have "relations" with you. A lil diff than like, but you get the drift..

We have 2 teenage daughters and I see them checking out boys. First, they notice how "HOT" they are :DDRrocks: If they don't look good, the girls wouldn't give them a second glance. But that is for the young ones. The older ladies would take looks into consideration, but certainly personality is the winning factor! :DDRrocks:

ya it only takes a few seconds to see if there hott. lol.

but may i suggest to wait to decide if there hott til they take off there helmet..

learned that the hard way :dope:

:DDRrocks::dunno::DDRrocks:

sorry Kayla you asked for that one

Edited by dman74

Man...not to go off topic; but Dan, the 2 wheeler thing is awesome.

I have no imput on this conversation; as woman totally confuse me and I'm probably just gonna end up becoming a monk or something to avoid it :)

Man...not to go off topic; but Dan, the 2 wheeler thing is awesome.

I have no imput on this conversation; as woman totally confuse me and I'm probably just gonna end up becoming a monk or something to avoid it :)

I think if you did that you might really become Handy :banghead::banghead::banghead: