mt charlston camping

vegas style

was just thinking now thats it is hot and getting hotter about a trip to mt charlston for a couple nights camping. would be a pretty low cost trip leave the big toys behind break out the rc cars kites and whatnot. just have a relaxing kick back time. bring some firewood and the telescope to do some star gazing. the sites up there are reserved online so we could get a few close together. let me know what kind of interest and suggest a date that works for you and we will go from there.

dumbest idea ever...

just messin with ya. actually, if rhino king ever gets ahold of me to let me know weather or not hes got a chance to tune up my r/c car i could bring that and the 50cc bike for some good times. and a bondfire with beer always provides quality entertainment.

Oooh, I was just talking to my husband about going camping in the woods sometime this summer. He was still thinking about it, but if i mention that people are bring their rc cars. im sure he will be game lol. he has done so much to that dang thing and its been sittin in the garage collecting dust since he got his quad lol. everybody we hang out with used to race the rc cars before they all got quads. most of them sold their rc cars for parts for their quad, now darrell doesnt really have anybody to go race with so he may be game as well.

hey pete i have seen some large motorhomes in some of the sites might need to unhook. in the past fires are fine as long as your in a campground and fire is in the fireplace. no huge bon fires its not like the sand there is stuff that can catch on fire. its not the best place to camp there isnt alot to do but it is close and 20* cooler then the valley.

hey pete i have seen some large motorhomes in some of the sites might need to unhook. in the past fires are fine as long as your in a campground and fire is in the fireplace. no huge bon fires its not like the sand there is stuff that can catch on fire. its not the best place to camp there isnt alot to do but it is close and 20* cooler then the valley.

I think it would just be a nice relaxed & cooler great time. Just sit around the fire and BS and have some drinks with good friends! :no_no:

Soo. im take it no sobe bomb? :laughoff:

I second that :whacky101: :laughing:

Maybe a potluck too :laughing:

Ohh Im down with pot luck :no_no:

Ok there are spaces big enough for the Taj Mahal, but very few. One can either reserve a spot thru Reserve America ( I think that is the name of it) or get out there like thur night, some spaces are reservable some are not. Campsites do have fire rings and unless the forest service has put out the high alert fire danger you can use them, the camp hosts even sell fire wood.

They have quiet hours, and the hosts will tell you if you are too loud or the fire to big.

Riding quads a no no up there, but there is a bit of 4X4 driving with street legal trucks, but not much.

Hilltop campground is really cool , but very hard to get in with most trailers.

I havent camped up there for about 3 yrs, I hope this trip comes together I would like to make it!!!!