dumont turned glamis

Warrior07

just to stir the :laughing: i remember my first time to dumont was in 1993 on a off weekend . just like what every one here does a day trip in the summer . but this was in the winter no one for miles . even pres day had the amount of people to cover the little dunes you know the west side i 'm just curious on how and why so many people have flocked to dumont over the years compared to glamis . and in my opinion with all the flockers not fockers :booty: thats a serious issue with all whats going on with dumont the more people coming the more the state and rangers etc. have to deal with in trying to keep it a better place and the more the resident dumont users need to set a standerd on how dumont is kept and educate frequent users of dumont that we care were we ride :shake:

Edited by warrior07

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? Glamis/Dumont is closing... WTF are they put a chain link fence around it? (LOL) As far as the "flock" to Dumont maybe it's a great place to ride in a central location w/ great peeps...

I think you were editing your post while I was stuck in confusion on my last reply. Anyways... it's about 14 years sence your first visit and I guess word gets out.

??????

cool i like that one . ok :shout: everyone keep um coming :shake:

Dumont has definitley gotten more and more popular in the last few years. It is far from being like Glamis though. Let's hope it doesn't get any more popular.

With the BLM and cops cracking down on dust and riding in the desert, DUMONT is gonna be the only damn place to ride pretty soon. Either that or your gonna have to drive out as far as Dumont to ride the desert. :shake:

:booty: I miss the old days. :laughing:

Dumont has definitley gotten more and more popular in the last few years. It is far from being like Glamis though. Let's hope it doesn't get any more popular.

With the BLM and cops cracking down on dust and riding in the desert, DUMONT is gonna be the only damn place to ride pretty soon. Either that or your gonna have to drive out as far as Dumont to ride the desert. :laughing:

:laughoff: I miss the old days. :booty:

so do i miss the old days . :bs::shake:

Off-road recreation is one of the fastest growing sports and industries in the United States with 75-80% of that being on the west coast. Basically there are more people riding everyday. The problem with that is there is more and more land being taken away by the eco-terrorist everyday too. That's why any place you can legally ride has become over crowded. Which in turn causes more problems which gives the eco-terrorist more ammo to close more places. Unless an effort is made to unite the off-road community, our sport and hobby will be taken away from us by not letting us have access to land that rightfully belongs to the people. Some of the bigger corporations also need to get involved with this but they are afraid to offend the eco-terrorist faction. I know this sounds like a rant but check into it. That's why we must appreciate and support the people that our tring to keep ANY off-road area open. I have much much more but I'll leave it at that. :shake:

With the BLM and cops cracking down on dust and riding in the desert, DUMONT is gonna be the only damn place to ride pretty soon. Either that or your gonna have to drive out as far as Dumont to ride the desert. :dunno:

:bs: I miss the old days. :bawl:

i miss the old days too

wasnt too long ago that we used 2 be able 2 ride r dirt bikes to the desert 4 a ride

now we have 2 trailer em 100+ miles out of town 2 ride em :bawl: :wedgie:

More people are comming to Dumont and leaving glamis because........GLAMIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! The amount of trash there is unreal. Oh yeah, litter tooooooooo. ITS AMAZING HOW 14 PEOPLE FROM 1 FAMILY can ride one 3 wheeler. ATC 185 s model...... The um lets say class of people going to glamis is getting lower and lower. I think alot of people like myself would rather drive the further distance and be around a better class of people. Not near as many FLATBILLERS in Dumont either. Dumont seems to be way more of a family place then glamis. I truly hope it stays that way.

More people are comming to Dumont and leaving glamis because........GLAMIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! The amount of trash there is unreal. Oh yeah, litter tooooooooo. ITS AMAZING HOW 14 PEOPLE FROM 1 FAMILY can ride one 3 wheeler. ATC 185 s model...... The um lets say class of people going to glamis is getting lower and lower. Tecate cheers anyone? I think alot of people like myself would rather drive the further distance and be around a better class of people. Not near as many FLATBILLERS in Dumont either. Dumont seems to be way more of a family place then glamis. I truly hope it stays that way.

I see alot of flatbillers at dumont, well more and more each time

glamis realy is that bad at all. Its got a realy bad rep from a few years ago on the holidays, but theyve cracked down so much.Some crazy stuff goes down at dumont to but I do see the difference between them. But if you dont like the crazy stuff and all the people at glamis you could park down in the washes and be fine. Either way DUMONT or GLAMIS you will have a great time! :dunno:

:wedgie:

Off-road recreation is one of the fastest growing sports and industries in the United States with 75-80% of that being on the west coast. Basically there are more people riding everyday. The problem with that is there is more and more land being taken away by the eco-terrorist everyday too. That's why any place you can legally ride has become over crowded. Which in turn causes more problems which gives the eco-terrorist more ammo to close more places. Unless an effort is made to unite the off-road community, our sport and hobby will be taken away from us by not letting us have access to land that rightfully belongs to the people. Some of the bigger corporations also need to get involved with this but they are afraid to offend the eco-terrorist faction. I know this sounds like a rant but check into it. That's why we must appreciate and support the people that our tring to keep ANY off-road area open. I have much much more but I'll leave it at that. :wedgie:

Hey Don with that said.. That makes the Eco-terrorists resposible for every over blown dust trail (as the there are more and more ppl driving on the dirt road breaking it up). Resposible for every accident (that is a result of over crowding). If we had more places to ride then maybe alot of there complaints would go away. Now all they have done (like you said ) is centralized the problem to make it bigger than it ever should or would have been. they are resposible for alot of the traffic problems and congestion at the dunes and in your cities for that matter. I say that the gov't needs to make them pay for any changes that are needed make it come out of there pockets for the (clean up, overtime, doctors, ect). then we see how much they really care about it after they have to pay for all the things they want!!! They are a little voice that is non-stop and the gov't does whatever to pacify them. BS

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

i'm just curious on how so many people have started going to dumont verses glamis . even though alot still go to glamis. :wedgie:

I still go to both... :D Dumont more cuz its closer..

When the bike runs and im not waiting on broken parts... it never failed last year a trip was coming up something else went wrong.. i would finally make it out to go riding and Something else would break.. Last year was a crappy dune season for me.. i made a total of 4 trips to the sand all YEAR! 2 in glamis and 2 to dumont and 1 trip in the hard pack.. i didnt get to ride hardly at all thanks to things breaking. Im going to start ordering up a piston and ring kit and some new valves, stems seats and springs here in the next few weeks too as im getting some blowby now.. Its getting time to tear into the motor.. uggg

Hey Don with that said.. That makes the Eco-terrorists resposible for every over blown dust trail (as the there are more and more ppl driving on the dirt road breaking it up). Resposible for every accident (that is a result of over crowding). If we had more places to ride then maybe alot of there complaints would go away. Now all they have done (like you said ) is centralized the problem to make it bigger than it ever should or would have been. they are resposible for alot of the traffic problems and congestion at the dunes and in your cities for that matter. I say that the gov't needs to make them pay for any changes that are needed make it come out of there pockets for the (clean up, overtime, doctors, ect). then we see how much they really care about it after they have to pay for all the things they want!!! They are a little voice that is non-stop and the gov't does whatever to pacify them. BS

Capt

:wedgie: :dunno::bawl:

Capt

You are correct and I agree with you. The biggest problem is that ordinary people believe what they see but don't understand what is really happening. The eco-terrorist show vehicles racing through the desert and tell everybody that they are killing everything in their path. We all know this is not the case but most people just want to follow without having all the info. Then when you get celebrities jumping on the band wagon, because it is the politically correct thing to do, the public thinks it must be right, again not understanding what's really happening. When the tree hugging Democrats get voted into office, and they will because people are stupid, we will be in a world of hurt. There will be more closures that will hurt.

my only prob is what i here the rangers on big weekends use paint ball guns blah blah blah blah to keep the crowds down thats friggen stupid that people get so out of hand that crap like that has to accur . :wedgie: