RAIL QUESTION ON TRANNY

CaptNkllm

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like funco cars they ride great and handle very good $25,000 seem to be a ok price how many season on the motor????? I've been to grants shop to see for my self how they build the cars they took the time out of a very busy day to show me around and anwser all my questions I don't think you can go wrong with it

wrong time of year to get a ride??? It's just the opposite. You are gonna find better deals on the off season rather than right in the middle. It's just like shopping for a boat except different times of the year to buy. You are gonna get a better deal in December rather than June.

Good luck on your search CaptNkllm. I personally would stay away from Quicksand Perfromance. The guy I bought a rail from a while back had a brand new one and had many parts of the car break from fatigue due to poor design.

lots of people on vacation is what I ment the deal are on right now If it is for sale they would like to off load it before next sand season

1st off are they backwards? 2nd its hard desert

do i win?????

Capt

theyre backwards

Sorry this is kinda off topic, BUT...

Yes they are and here is why. It would be smarter to run them backwards if those were the only tires he had to run for harder pack terrain. It wouldn't chew up the cups as bad. Hopefully that helps some people understand a little batter. :undecided::thumbsdown:

its a nice looking car its the wrong time of year to get a ride but call a see if they will take it out and give you a ride

I think he meant physically go for a ride in the car Pete.

ok here we go again. i ask and i get an oppinion (which is what i asked for is the 1st place lol) i post and i get a no for many reasons per car lol now

a 2000 funco with a 2.2 subie with 350 hp with turbo

FUNCO, 'FUNCO DUNE BUGGY, exc cond, Subaru turbo, 350hp, airbags, ps, turning brakes, GPS, sand tires, dirt tires, 5 seater

now can ya pick this appart :undecided::thumbsdown:

give it to me lol also u think 25,000 is to much?

Capt

Got a picture? Sounds like a decent car so far.

ok here we go again. i ask and i get an oppinion (which is what i asked for is the 1st place lol) i post and i get a no for many reasons per car lol now

FUNCO, 'FUNCO DUNE BUGGY, exc cond, Subaru turbo, 350hp, airbags, ps, turning brakes, GPS, sand tires, dirt tires, 5 seater

now can ya pick this appart :2cents::thumbsdown:

Capt

Im kind of a funco fan myself. I wasnt really to hip on them until I actually rode in and drove 1. Now me personally, I wouldnt own anything else. I loved my tatum, But as far as a fast duning car, You cant beat a funco. Yes they arent the best looking cars out there. But trust me, The looks grow on you as soon as you drive it. This past night ride at Dumont, I took a guy for a ride in my car. When he got out, He swore he would never say anything negative about a funco again. He said it was by far the best handling car he had ever been in. :undecided:

now can ya pick this appart :undecided::thumbsdown:

Capt

I would ask who built the motor. 350 HP is a lot to get out of a 2.2, it's not a bad thing, just depends who built it. What trans is in it, I would imagine a 091? I would think it is the GEN 2 being a 2000.

2001 ALUMI CRAFT, 4 seater, tig welded, 4130 chromoly, Acura3.2 V6 T04E turbo, 450 h.p., MD4S-2D, 935 CV's, 300M axles, keeps up with buckshot cars, 4 ch Alpine amp, Kenwood Excelon speakers, sat radio and mp3 player, very clean, light and fast, 2007 green stkr, divorce forces sale, best offer takes this great sandcar $27,700, 626-695-2576

This is the best deal I have found. Alumicraft car's are bitchin. If this car hasn't sold, I would be all over it if I were you. It used to be the Wasabi car I think.

Joe

2001 ALUMI CRAFT, 4 seater, tig welded, 4130 chromoly, Acura3.2 V6 T04E turbo, 450 h.p., MD4S-2D, 935 CV's, 300M axles, keeps up with buckshot cars, 4 ch Alpine amp, Kenwood Excelon speakers, sat radio and mp3 player, very clean, light and fast, 2007 green stkr, divorce forces sale, best offer takes this great sandcar $27,700, 626-695-2576

This is the best deal I have found. Alumicraft car's are bitchin. If this car hasn't sold, I would be all over it if I were you. It used to be the Wasabi car I think.

Joe

where did ya see it at ? can you give me a link to see pics? please much appreciated

Capt

Here is another great car for the money........the rotary maybe alittle of a downside, but it has the mendi 2d and other good stuff for your price range. This car would smoke alot of car on the hill and should handle the dunes very well. The paint is very nice!!! The motor is polished, it looks like it was done right.

2002 S/U 4 seat, 13b rotary originally built by Redline ,redone last Spring by Danzio.

Turbo intercooled. Motec engine management system.Over 350 RWHP (have dyno sheets),

Mendeola 2d built by Rancho. All 4 seat have brand new Impact Racing 5 point 3 inch seat belts

(top of the line).Just bought new Extreme rear paddles. Bead lock rear wheels.

I bought this car 2 years ago from a guy on this board. Has been perfect since.

Runs awesome, very fast. Car was built by Larry at S/U with all the good parts. Hate to sell , but I am moving to North Carolina and will have no where to use the buggy. Also have 24' dico trailer for sale in trailer section.

$26500.00 obo must sell soon

Tim (951)294-7329

post-114-1184629383.jpg

Edited by JoeDuner

Joe

:freakin_nuts:

Sounds like a SCREAMMMMMIN' deal.

Foe Schizzzzzzz :stick_smack:

2005 Long travel four seater sand car. This car has a 3.5 polished honda motor with a mendeola trans, power stearing, remote resivors for radiator and PS, beadlocks and vision X lights and PCI car to car radios/head sets. Car has it all and comes with a great price!!! Don`t miss out on this deal $31,500 O.B.O

This might work if he will negociate. It should have everything you want and need.

post-114-1184633379.jpg

Edited by JoeDuner