RAIL QUESTION ON TRANNY

CaptNkllm

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It just shows how many cars are out there for a good price. These were all found in about 2 hours of looking. He should have no problem finding a great deal. You just need to buy before October. All the good deals will be gone and the new ads will be $2000-$5000 more.

I think the Honda car is the best first car. Especially if he isnt familiar with rotories.

The Alumicraft has a Turbo Honda........probably 450 HP.............If I'm not mistaken, the internals were done on that motor as well.

Edited by JoeDuner

The Alumicraft has a Turbo Honda........probably 450 HP.............If I'm not mistaken, the internals were done on that motor as well.

:D Just wanted to day thanks Joe for helping out :laughing: I'm capt"s wife and I too have hours into this :headbang1:

Since this post started about a Tranny question.

I have a RANT :old:

I hate it when you take your tranny in to be refreshed, And they say IT'S JUNK. :laughing:

:headbang1::old: :dance: I'm screwed. :idea:

I'm going to see the gears tomorrow.

They said the ring and pinion are junk

Third is junk

First and second don't look good

Bearings all need replaced

ETC.

They asked if I run high RPMs for a long time. :no_no:

Damit! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :thumb:

Since this post started about a Tranny question.

I have a RANT :rant:

I hate it when you take your tranny in to be refreshed, And they say IT'S JUNK. :MBdance:

:DDRrocks::cry::bawl: I'm screwed. :bawl:

I'm going to see the gears tomorrow.

They said the ring and pinion are junk

Third is junk

First and second don't look good

Bearings all need replaced

ETC.

They asked if I run high RPMs for a long time. :dope:

Damit! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :broke:

Yeah 2d's dont like high rpm and long wheelies(its even worse with a rear engine car) without a gear oil pump and the spray nozzles to lube all the parts.

IF I buy a 2d this is what I will do to try and make it live.

Edited by sanddunesaddict

Yeah 2d's dont like high rpm and long wheelies(its even worse with a rear engine car) without a gear oil pump and the spray nozzles to lube all the parts.

IF I buy a 2d this is what I will do to try and make it live.

Hey Bert, I don't know anything about these mods. :DDRrocks:

You got any more info?

I'll ask Dave Folts about them tomorrow when I go look at my Junk parts. :broke:

Thanks for the heads up. :MBdance:

Hey Bert, I don't know anything about these mods. :icon_twisted:

You got any more info?

I'll ask Dave Folts about them tomorrow when I go look at my Junk parts. :driver:

Thanks for the heads up. :ahhhhh:

I dont know if anyone does it but Weddle.

You have to have the case plumbed and buy a gear oil pump.It will suck from the drain plug on the bottom of the bell housing and run through a filter.Then it goes to the pump and to 2 or 3 sprayers in the case that lube the front nose cone(a huge weakness) and the rear main bearings and the ring and pinion.

You can even run it through a cooler but you would only need that if you made hour long hard dune runs with no breaks.They run a cooler on race cars because of the high rpm for long periods of time.

Weddle has alot of luck with this because it keeps the parts lubed at ALL times,unless your on your lid :drunk:

• 1 month later...

a couple of things about trannys i want to share from info i got from my buddie at wright gearbox.

if your running a 2d do not run 934s they are to strong for the tranny , the 934 axels transfers the energy into the tranny and blowes the tranny. better with 930s and 300m cages better to lose an axel than blow a tranny, he was speaking of v8 cars ( high tourqe) tranny coolers really help the life of your tranny.

if you have an earlier model 2d it is best to put the upgraded front bearing on the main shaft.

watch the axel angles on the 930s your limiting straps stretch and if you get past 24 degrees at full droop your gonna waste your cv's.

if you have an early model 4s make sure you dont have the us ring and pinion also the shift forks on the early 4s tolerances are sloppy. replace them, they have a habit of engaging two gears and blowing. again the cooler is a real help.

tranny coolers installed is about 1000 dollars but will save you much more.

cbm works on northstars by the way :blury:

driving habits play in big as well but if your sensable your 2d will hold up. my buddies 2d has 5 seasons on it with only upgrading to the new front mainshaft bearing and no cooler . hooked to a Ls1

mendy e box is a glorified o91

and on a personal note the rotaries were fast but wore out real fast

honda or subie or northstar or Ls motors are a pretty safe bet.

i didnt mention ecos cause there to dam small hook that to a generator :watching:

Edited by barefoot bob

I dont know Bob this is probably one extremely fast car.Its only got a little Eco-tech

DSC_0218.jpg

:bawl::bawl::booty: :dance: :lol::lol::lol:

i knew i would catch some flak i was only joking about ecotechs they are a good motor as ive been told.

i have had no one on one with these but told by those who have they are very durable :thumb: