My Revenge Silence Build

Sick Dayz

I don't know many of you, but wouldn't mind meeting some new dune buddies. My family and I try to make it out to Dumont 1-2 times a year.

I removed the LS1, computer, 2D, lights, gauges, and other odds and ends, from my old Sand Candy chassis. It’s time for me to step up to something that can handle the off-road as well as the sand. And I know Justin is the man for the job.

Justin is just about done with my 4 seat Silencer “roller”. I am planning to pick it up next weekend.

Pic of the chassis, so far…

post-836-1187567898_thumb.jpg

Pic of the garage awaiting arrival…

post-836-1187567956_thumb.jpg

post-836-1187567989_thumb.jpg

As usual, I’m a little over budget, but felt some things were worth it.

I’m going with 2” front spindles

Fox coil overs

Fox 2.5” 3 tube + gold tube in the front

Fox 3” 4 tube + gold tube in the rear

I’m also adding a Lowance 540c

I went with RaceCraft leatherette seats

Already had the 4 seat in car radio

Gear One mid board hubs

Enclosed front body work

Gear One 2.5” power rack

Rear Sway bar

Etc…

The one thing I wish I could afford to do right now is an S4 or Fortin. Another is the 934 CVs. For now I am going to run the 2D with 930s. I figure, there’s really no point in running 934s if I got a 2D. One nice thing about the Silencer is that upgrading is not that big of a deal, and there’s always next year…

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool. Keep us posted on the progress.

I have always wanted a dual sport car that could handle gettin beat on in the desert as well.

One thing is always for sure: you will spend more than you planned on when building a car! :banghead::lol:

Very cool. Keep us posted on the progress.

I have always wanted a dual sport car that could handle gettin beat on in the desert as well.

One thing is always for sure: you will spend more than you planned on when building a car! :banghead::lol:

brother you aint lyin

Thanks guys, I will keep you posted on my progress. I’m going to try and have it ready by the end of September. I’m not going to paint it this season, I’m saving that for next season, just in case I want to make some changes…

Thanks guys, I will keep you posted on my progress. I’m going to try and have it ready by the end of September. I’m not going to paint it this season, I’m saving that for next season, just in case I want to make some changes…

lmao changes !!! thats inevitable looks like a nice frame you can go nuts on a frame like that

Edited by barefoot bob

Well, I’m not going to get my chassis this weekend. So, I thought I would get a jump on the wiring. Here is what I have so far. I’m no expert, am I missing anything?

post-836-1187842901_thumb.jpg

post-836-1187842927_thumb.jpg

You might have some over kill on the switches, why the rear lights on a seperate switch? Why do you have a fan switch, it should be controlled thru the computer?

Edited by JoeDuner

lol i wasnt going to say anything but usually your tail lights are wired with the whip one circuit upper lights on one circuit.and lower lights on 1 circuit. no fan switch. and your gps should have a power button no switch needed there. and you have another labled 12v switch ??? and if you put the tail/whip circuit on a 3way you can run the dome off of it. just a suggestion to reduce the amount of switches. my three way controls whip and tail and lower lights. but i do not have a dome light so...................

but if you park with the running lights on like at the hill its always good to have the whip on to easier not to forget. So you dont wind up with a yamaha hood ornament. those quad guys are :beercheers:

Edited by barefoot bob

Nice looking car from what I can see. :beercheers: As far as wiring goes I'm a little burnt out on that right now :lol: but I'll look at your schematic real soon.

Oh, and as far as your budget goes here is a simple rule of thumb!

Total dollars spend on buggy + total hours in garage + total lack of time spent with mamma :blury:

=

a whole lot of :grin::lol::dope: A diamond ring + 2 trips to an expensive resort spa + 2 full body rubs by you and a new car.

Let me know if I missed anything fellow duners

:blink::blink::lol::blury:

lol i wasnt going to say anything but usually your tail lights are wired with the whip one circuit upper lights on one circuit.and lower lights on 1 circuit. no fan switch. and your gps should have a power button no switch needed there. and you have another labled 12v switch ??? and if you put the tail/whip circuit on a 3way you can run the dome off of it. just a suggestion to reduce the amount of switches. my three way controls whip and tail and lower lights. but i do not have a dome light so...................

but if you park with the running lights on like at the hill its always good to have the whip on to easier not to forget. So you dont wind up with a yamaha hood ornament. those quad guys are :think:

I appreciate you taking the time to look it over.

The “Tail Light” is actually a backup light. It will only be used if I need to see behind at night. I actually forgot to put the tail lights in the drawing. Hmmmm, I don’t want to tie them in with the whip, just for the reason you stated. I like having the whip on its own switch. Maybe I need to get a 3 way and just add the tail lights with the whip. Do you know a good web site that sells these 3 way switches?

My last car had the fan switch and I kind of like it. I still have the fan being controlled by a thermostat, but the switch allows me to run the fans when the car is off, or whenever I want. Buuuttttt, maybe your right and I don’t need it…

I have the 540C GPS and the directions told me to put in a switch. It says that the GPS unit on the roof is on its own circuit and will always be on, unless it is switched.

The 12V is an auxiliary 12v plug for i-pod, XM or whatever. I have the 12v plug in my last car and I used to have to pull it out to make it go off. So, I think I want a switch for that.

Basically, I like switches…, but the 3 ways might be a good idea for some of this. I’ll put some more thought into it… :lol:

Nice looking car from what I can see. :think: As far as wiring goes I'm a little burnt out on that right now :lol: but I'll look at your schematic real soon.

Oh, and as far as your budget goes here is a simple rule of thumb!

Total dollars spend on buggy + total hours in garage + total lack of time spent with mamma :laughoff:

=

a whole lot of :lol::blah: :wedgie: A diamond ring + 2 trips to an expensive resort spa + 2 full body rubs by you and a new car.

Let me know if I missed anything fellow duners

:lol::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

I hear you man. Fortunately I’m a lucky man and the old lady is on board with the whole thing…

I appreciate you taking the time to look it over.

The “Tail Light” is actually a backup light. It will only be used if I need to see behind at night. I actually forgot to put the tail lights in the drawing. Hmmmm, I don’t want to tie them in with the whip, just for the reason you stated. I like having the whip on its own switch. Maybe I need to get a 3 way and just add the tail lights with the whip. Do you know a good web site that sells these 3 way switches?

My last car had the fan switch and I kind of like it. I still have the fan being controlled by a thermostat, but the switch allows me to run the fans when the car is off, or whenever I want. Buuuttttt, maybe your right and I don’t need it…

I have the 540C GPS and the directions told me to put in a switch. It says that the GPS unit on the roof is on its own circuit and will always be on, unless it is switched.

The 12V is an auxiliary 12v plug for i-pod, XM or whatever. I have the 12v plug in my last car and I used to have to pull it out to make it go off. So, I think I want a switch for that.

Basically, I like switches…, but the 3 ways might be a good idea for some of this. I’ll put some more thought into it… :think:

cool i like a few switches so i dont get confused and start playing with them and drive right into the side of petes trailer :laughoff: ( i get distracted real easy) :lol:

you can get a three position heavy duty offroad switch from kartech they have the big 50 amp switches too :lol:

Question about the switches (like the ones I found at Kartek), the one that is “Off-On-On”, does that mean that the first thing you turn on stays on even when you go to the second on? I think it does, just want to be sure before I change my wiring. :think:

Question about the switches (like the ones I found at Kartek), the one that is “Off-On-On”, does that mean that the first thing you turn on stays on even when you go to the second on? I think it does, just want to be sure before I change my wiring. :lol:

yes

there are many different switches out there but yes that switch is at kartec and is currently in my car

first on tail and whip second on front lower lights and my tails stay on :think: