• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temp = 170... check

Oil = 50... check

Volts = 13... check

Fuel = full... check

Tach = 6000... check

I think i got it, by the way, I’m going with black sharpie (can't go wrong with black)

That dash is similar... Here is an updated pick of the dash...

post-836-1188506241_thumb.jpg

are you doing the build/assembly? or are you having it done? Jeff at bad medicine does awesome work and very very reasonable. You should give him a call.

Well, I drove to Phoenix Friday, picked up the car Friday night at 9:00PM, slept and drove back Saturday. Did I mention it’s a 12 hour trip…

Justin showed me around the shop. Boy those guys are busy. They do some awesome work. Justin needs to move into a bigger place and I know he’s trying to…

Unloaded the car Sunday morning and started at it.

To answer your question, I’ll be doing the instrumentation. I’m looking forward to it… :)

Here is what it looked like when I unloaded it.

post-836-1188876512_thumb.jpg

post-836-1188876526_thumb.jpg

post-836-1188876538_thumb.jpg

Here is what it looked like after DAY 1

post-836-1188876552_thumb.jpg

post-836-1188876562_thumb.jpg

And here is after DAY 2

post-836-1188876577_thumb.jpg

That looks sweet! Are you gonna have it ready for the test run at SM? I oughta run up to Jamestown and check it out in person!

Shootin to have it done by the end of September :)

If you make it up to Jamestown, give me a call... :DDRrocks:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I’ve been neglecting this thread.

Here are a few pics of where I’m at.

Engine is in and plumbed. Seats are in. Waiting on the axles, which should be here this week. Waiting on the shocks from FOX, which will not be here for another 2 weeks.

post-836-1190856599_thumb.jpg

post-836-1190856641_thumb.jpg

post-836-1190856671_thumb.jpg

A buddy of mine made this adaptor for me:

post-836-1190856815_thumb.jpg

After I put the engine in, I tried to turn it over and blow the back out of my intake manifold, on a back-fire. Waiting for a new one of those… Anyone ever have this happen?

post-836-1190857333_thumb.jpg

DAYUM !!! you better get kings you dont have to wait 2 weeks for them however kartek has an entire wall of fox shox wrap that thin up for kick off. :banghead:

I had to go and make mine special...

I am getting 3 tube + 1 gold tube 2.5" for the fronts and 4 tube + 1 gold tube 3"for the rear. Justin at Revenge is placing the tubes where he has designed them for his car.

Not sure if you're familiar with the gold tube, but it is a bleed tube, kind of like drilling a hole in the piston of the King shock. I like the idea of not having the bleed hole in the piston, that way you can utilize a very stiff shim stack for the bump stage and not loose anything out the small bleed hole.

Guess I'll have to wait... :whoop:

Edited by Sick Dayz

Holy :beercheers: from a back fire? That doesnt even seem right? That manifold must have had a hairline fracture?

That car is going to NICE,, LOOKING GOOD!!!

Yah, I thought it might have been damaged while I was pulling it out or putting it in. Who knows… :beercheers:

I had to go and make mine special...

I am getting 3 tube + 1 gold tube 2.5" for the fronts and 4 tube + 1 gold tube 3"for the rear. Justin at Revenge is placing the tubes where he has designed them for his car.

Not sure if you're familiar with the gold tube, but it is a bleed tube, kind of like drilling a hole in the piston of the King shock. I like the idea of not having the bleed hole in the piston, that way you can utilize a very stiff shim stack for the bump stage and not loose anything out the small bleed hole.

Guess I'll have to wait... :beercheers:

Good idea....

cars is lookin good :beercheers:

Nice looking car and you might be one of the lucky ones that got your car.. I was reading on dunebuggy.com that Justin might be going under soon. Alot of creditors are after him or something to that effect..

That sucks he builds a great car.

Nice looking car and you might be one of the lucky ones that got your car.. I was reading on dunebuggy.com that Justin might be going under soon. Alot of creditors are after him or something to that effect..

That sucks he builds a great car.

There is bad blood between them. I don’t personally know they guys at Dunebuggy.com, but I do know Justin and he is a straight up guy. Ask anyone that has one of his cars. Also ask other people with other cars, that he has helped out.

There were some business dealings between the two that didn’t go well. Justin will be around for a long time and his cars are a work of art. One of the best suspension guys around…

Always 2 sides... :D

• 4 weeks later...