Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've thought about buying the 450, but my brother has one and pretty much everyone in camp has one so I've gotten a chance to ride them a few times and I didn't like the fact that my leg was on fire!!! Why does it get so hot? Other wise it is bad a$$.

Posted

If the pipe is getting Soooooo hot,the jetting might be off.Pretty much every 4 stroke gets some degree of hot on the header.The bend on the header usually effects that too.With the Ron Woods pipe i can ride without feeling it at all,but like the Sparks pipe you can really feel it more.The bend in the headers can make a big difference.

Posted

My other quad does not get that hot, just the yfz and hellloooo, its not normal its f'n screamin hot!! I wear riding pants and boots and I still felt the heat, and i dont exactly ride slow. So it was just a question? Thanks to you peeps with good advice :shocked2:

Posted

If the pipe is getting Soooooo hot,the jetting might be off.Pretty much every 4 stroke gets some degree of hot on the header.The bend on the header usually effects that too.With the Ron Woods pipe i can ride without feeling it at all,but like the Sparks pipe you can really feel it more.The bend in the headers can make a big difference.

This is why I had this question because I rode three different ones in camp, and all three got pretty hot. So i thought maybe that is a problem they have and was there something that could be done. I dont always like to ride in gear so if that was the case i would stick to the 660 or 700.

Posted

It still gets hot as hell, chris wrapped his and still feel the heat from it..

Your not supposed to wrap it with medical tape!!! :shocked2:

Posted

Your not supposed to wrap it with medical tape!!! :shocked2:

He probably wrapped it with dry wall tape!!!!

back on topic:

I think most all YFZ's head pipes get hotter than normal and tend to glow in the dark even in the day. But they are great bikes and that would not stop me from owning one.

Posted

He probably wrapped it with dry wall tape!!!!

back on topic:

I think most all YFZ's head pipes get hotter than normal and tend to glow in the dark even in the day. But they are great bikes and that would not stop me from owning one.

True dat Marky Mark!!!lol Even ones that are spot on, jetted perfectly do glow red!!!(I never thought I'd say this but I kinda miss my YFZ!!) :shocked2:

Posted

True dat Marky Mark!!!lol Even ones that are spot on, jetted perfectly do glow red!!!(I never thought I'd say this but I kinda miss my YFZ!!) :shocked2:

Maybe I am just brand blind, but I Yamaha's, I have had two Banshee's, a Raptor 660 and now a YFZ, with no problems. We now have 2 more 660's and a 700 Raptor and they have no problems. My Dad has a new 700 and a 660 with no problems, so why would I switch.

Back on Topic:

I would buy which ever bike feels good to you, the hot pipe thing you will not think about unless you are cruising slow, when I start to feel it, I put my feet on my nerfs and cruise.

Posted
:DDRrocks: I think it's a girlie thing. I have burned every pair of my riding pants :beerpint: . It has gotten better since I put nerfs on and got use to riding with a wider stance, now I never notice the heat. Maybe it could be that I also ride a slowzuki :MBdance: .
Posted

I've always loved my 660, it's been a great bike. But I rode thier 450's and the power difference was amazing :beerpint: But the heat was crazy! I would like to put the motor of the 450 in my 660, because the 660 is a much nicer ride :MBdance: OH YEAH!!!!! :DDRrocks:

Posted

The jetting needs to be adjusted on the bike. From the factory the YFZ's come very lean, then depending on if they put a slip-on on those yfz's and did not jet, it will cause the bike to even burn hotter.

All it needs is a quick jetting.. and you will be good to go

Posted

I've always loved my 660, it's been a great bike. But I rode thier 450's and the power difference was amazing :beerpint: But the heat was crazy! I would like to put the motor of the 450 in my 660, because the 660 is a much nicer ride :MBdance: OH YEAH!!!!! :DDRrocks:

I hear ya there!! the 450 rides like a skateboard

Posted

The jetting needs to be adjusted on the bike. From the factory the YFZ's come very lean, then depending on if they put a slip-on on those yfz's and did not jet, it will cause the bike to even burn hotter.

All it needs is a quick jetting.. and you will be good to go

It will still be hot and will still glow, I have mine tuned with pipe and it still glows. This after a slip on then dyno'd then full system and dyno'd again, they just run hotter than others. Jetting is not going to get rid of this.

Posted

Hmm, don't know what to tell you then... mine doesn't really glow

After I race the sh*t out of my bike the pipe is hot but not the way it sounds like he is described it. The glowing went away a long time ago. The only time it starts to glow is when the humidity is bad. Which is usually at the Night Drags, Or when I'm just riding around camp.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...