YFZ450 Pipe?

johnny'sgirl32

Hmm, don't know what to tell you then... mine doesn't really glow

After I race the sh*t out of my bike the pipe is hot but not the way it sounds like he is described it. The glowing went away a long time ago. The only time it starts to glow is when the humidity is bad. Which is usually at the Night Drags, Or when I'm just riding around camp.

Mine doesnt glow either.Especially in the daytime :watching:

i think part of the problem is altitude. if you have your bikes dyno'd or adjusted at lets say vegas altitude and you go to dumont then you will have a lean situation. on my next dyno iamd going to have him leave it a little fat so when i go to ride at dumont then it should be just right and the exhaust wont suntan my leg :watching:

IMHO

Capt

i think part of the problem is altitude. if you have your bikes dyno'd or adjusted at lets say vegas altitude and you go to dumont then you will have a lean situation. on my next dyno iamd going to have him leave it a little fat so when i go to ride at dumont then it should be just right and the exhaust wont suntan my leg :blink:

IMHO

Capt

Mine is actually dyno'd at Mesa AZ elevation about 1200' and dumont 700 - 1200' elevation.

Vegas' avg. elevation is 1950 feet. 1000 foot difference isn't going to be very noticeable.

EXACTLY a 4 stroke is not that sensitive plus mine is tunes at about 1200 feet so it is even less of a diff. I have complete faith is the people tuning my bike.

• 2 weeks later...

i think part of the problem is altitude. if you have your bikes dyno'd or adjusted at lets say vegas altitude and you go to dumont then you will have a lean situation. on my next dyno iamd going to have him leave it a little fat so when i go to ride at dumont then it should be just right and the exhaust wont suntan my leg :dunno:

IMHO

Capt

yours is fuel injected, once it is set up it will comp. for elevation and temp. if its fat here,its fat everywhere

dynojet did my tune and i think it was lean a little rom the start. that was the 1st time my leg ever has gotten so hot was after they tuned it. had to run around with riding socks and shorts ( real cute) but yes the fi does adjust just not sure what was up with it. looking at the print out they landed right on the money for the most part but like i siad it was never that hot before.

GO RAPTORS!!!!!!!!!!

Capt