MONSTER SIZE RAILS

OGP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, 15” – 18” of travel with properly set up suspension is all you need in the sand.

However, there is a trend to jack the front end off the ground and go without any droop. Some think it looks “cool”, I thing it looks ridiculous. I guess if all you do is launch over large jumps, or sit at the hill, all is good with lifted cars… :duniemonkie:

I guess I don't understand the criticism. If that is what people like, then that is what people like. Maybe they think some of your cars look ridiculous or unappealing. I am not advocating the look as I don't like it either, but that is what they choose to like and that is their choice, just like it is your choice to have your car setup the way you want it. A thread like this only leads to :headbang1:

No, because its a mosebuilt its not a Monster. If it sits 4 feet off the ground and you use it to run over crushed cars in a parking lot, Its a Monster. And I totally understand that a desert car and a sandrail are 2 different types of cars and each has its purpose. What I dont understand ARE SANDRAILS that look like Monster trucks.

I tend to agree with you about the whole" lifted" thing. I do wonder though what car specifically were you talking about? The funny thing about alot of the comments on this site to me are with the people that talk s#@t

about the dual purpose cars. Its as if you can only have a car for sand if you want to go to the dunes. Why wouldnt you think its cool to go duning one weekend, and then go haulin a$$ at 120 through some woop infested

wash the next? And trust me, guys with "sandcars" are far more interested with the looks (bling) than they are

with the quality of parts they put on the car. My car might not have any powder coat or paint this season cause

I just decided to go with an Albins instead of an S4.

Would you believe 26" of travel front and rear? (Not my car but it will be real close)

post-2350-1191107227_thumb.jpg

post-2350-1191107264_thumb.jpg

I tend to agree with you about the whole" lifted" thing. I do wonder though what car specifically were you talking about? The funny thing about alot of the comments on this site to me are with the people that talk s#@t

about the dual purpose cars. Its as if you can only have a car for sand if you want to go to the dunes. Why wouldnt you think its cool to go duning one weekend, and then go haulin a$$ at 120 through some woop infested

wash the next? And trust me, guys with "sandcars" are far more interested with the looks (bling) than they are

with the quality of parts they put on the car. My car might not have any powder coat or paint this season cause

Would you believe 26" of travel front and rear? (Not my car but it will be real close)

I completely agree with the whole dual sport thing. I'd love to be able to bring my rail out to the desert and have some fun. Unfortunatley I don't have that kind of cash for a dual sport car so I will have to stick with my sand car. I'm not one of the sh*t talkers. No, I don't know why anyone would have a really tall sand car, but who really gives a damn??? I'll go out there and fun with what I have. The next guy can bring his lifted sandrail out there and do his thing whatever that might be. :lol:

It's just sand, people!!!!!!! Why the :slap: ???? :mc_smiley: :headbang1:

oh....

and I still like pizza. :idiot:

This car was at the show....BAD a$$!!!

As far as dual purpose cars for the desert statement....I have never seen a class one car or a trophy truck sitting as high as some of these cars do.

I would put all that I have(which isnt very much I know) on the table to take one of these "Monster Sized Rails" dual sport or not it will end up on its lid in the desert or if its driven hard. :headbang1:

Class one cars and throphy trucks have about 50% droop...why is that you ask???? FOR HANDLING PURPOSES!!!!! :idiot:

Yes, Most people tend to agree that Funcos look UGLY, MINI VANS etc.... And I agree. They have an unusual look to them. But I personally didnt buy a sandcar to look kewl in. I bought my sand car to go out in the sand in. I personally choose a car that I thought functioned the best FOR MY NEEDS. MY SPECIFIC NEEDS are wanting to go fast through the dunes. Not look kewl sitting at the hill or sitting at the sand drags. I personally dont understand people that buy sandrails for looks over function or safety. Um yeah I rolled my car because the center of gravity is about the same as BIGFOOTS....... But I sure looked cool doing it. lol Statement sounds kinda Dumb doesnt it? What I guess Im trying to say is. I dont understand this new trend of trying to look cool over SAFETY and FUNCTION. :headbang1:

I've been on this site for 2 mounths now. I know one thig for sure. You spend too much time rippin on other people and their equipment. If some dude wants a 400-500hp engine with a 2-D. Its his buisness. I know Mendeola does not endorse this but guess what. 75% of the 4-550hp cars have them. Does this keep you awake at night? If some guy wants his car 4 ft. off the ground...... HIS BUISNESS If you want a lower riding, better turning car with the Bud Light logo on it...... I'm happy for you. It would be interesting to see you do some of the things they do in these "monster" cars like jump. Your car plain and simple just could not handle it. Not the big stuff. Can it turn at high speed well? It probobly can. I have less interest in that part of duning. I do however love the sound of a 500+hp V-8 launching off a crest! I do love the sound of the sand drags at the starting line when two V-8 cars take off! I do like to jump! So guess what....... I bought a car that can do that. Funco is a highly respected builder. Been around a long time. They have nothing that interests me. Does that make it wrong for you to own one? I have yet to see a Rhino advetisment with the Rhino in a giant sand dune but I do see alot off them there. Have you called Yamaha to let them know? Oh wait..... You bring your Rhino to the dunes from time to time. Single bypass shocks?...???..?!!! Front brakes?!?!..!??!?!!? I can go on forever the things you rip on people about. I know what your car looks like and I'm gonna stay as far away from you as possible. Why? Cause I don't think its right you telling me how I should spend my money and how everything is wrong with it. What a bummer you must be to be around. :idiot:

And buy the way... that mosebuilt car at the sandshow was badass. In my opinion which I know doesnt matter, I thought it was one of if not the nicest car there.

Edited by ORIGINALPIMP

I've been on this site for 2 mounths now. I know one thig for sure. You spend too much time rippin on other people and their equipment. If some dude wants a 400-500hp engine with a 2-D. Its his buisness. I know Mendeola does not endorse this but guess what. 75% of the 4-550hp cars have them. Does this keep you awake at night? If some guy wants his car 4 ft. off the ground...... HIS BUISNESS If you want a lower riding, better turning car with the Bud Light logo on it...... I'm happy for you. It would be interesting to see you do some of the things they do in these "monster" cars like jump. Your car plain and simple just could not handle it. Not the big stuff. Can it turn at high speed well? It probobly can. I have less interest in that part of duning. I do however love the sound of a 500+hp V-8 launching off a crest! I do love the sound of the sand drags at the starting line when two V-8 cars take off! I do like to jump! So guess what....... I bought a car that can do that. Funco is a highly respected builder. Been around a long time. They have nothing that interests me. Does that make it wrong for you to own one? I have yet to see a Rhino advetisment with the Rhino in a giant sand dune but I do see alot off them there. Have you called Yamaha to let them know? Oh wait..... You bring your Rhino to the dunes from time to time. Single bypass shocks?...???..?!!! Front brakes?!?!..!??!?!!? I can go on forever the things you rip on people about. I know what your car looks like and I'm gonna stay as far away from you as possible. Why? Cause I don't think its right you telling me how I should spend my money and how everything is wrong with it. What a bummer you must be to be around. :booty:

You have less interest in high speed duning ??????????? :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

People might want to stay away from you, cuz you are mental.......... :blury:

I guess the moral of the story is don't speak about what you don't understand.

I guess I don't understand either. I bought a sandrail to go into the dunes. I didn't buy a jumping wheelie rail that looks good SITTING at the hill. My car is probably one of the slower cars out there but I don't sit for very long anywhere. The sand is there to be punished and I'll spank it to death.

Edited by Don29palms

This is rediculous. It was probably a topic that should have never been brought up in the first place. :laughoff: Every has different likes and dislikes. You can't ask a person why they like what they do. It's like asking a person, "why do you like the color blue?" :laughoff: I have said it in the past and I will say it again, "TO EACH THEIR OWN!"

OGP, I don't think you are gonna get the answer you are looking for here- if there really is one. I'd say don't worry about it and go about your life duning a car that you like and let them do the same. Either way you don't need to tell someone here on DDR to leave the website. It's not up to you or anyone to say that. It doesn't matter how long a person has been a member. You asked for people's input and you got it. Now you are telling him to go away. :laughoff: For god's sake, fuggin go to the dunes, get a beer, ..... something. :booty: