MONSTER SIZE RAILS

OGP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: but I agree. :idiot:

To each thier own though. Everyone is into different things. It's just like the crazy stereos people are putting in their rails. :idiot::dunno:

You gotta think about this too though- not everyone dunes like we do, Tim. Some just like to "look cool" at the hill or wheelie and jump alot. I bet if they went on a fast dune ride (or tried) they'd rethink their setup.

Unfortunately, I'm a computer nerd and don't know a thing about building a rail so I had to go out and get one. I have taken tests rides in SU's at Dumont and that sold my wife on getting one. I started looking around and the prices were out-of-site. I didn't want to spend a fortune. For me, I didn't need a sterio or headsets or the largest engine, I just wanted to do the dunes and have fun doing so. I didn't have to have the fastest buggy but wanted it to handle well through the bumps. When I talked to the current builder of my buggy, I asked about the 17" tires. He explained that it looks cool but 15" handles better and the center of gravity is lower. He also stated the larger tires would rob some of my power. I know there are some of you that probably have these larger tires but I don't get it as well. Everyone to their own. I enjoy having decent power, a buggy that handles well going up hills as well as just duning from dune to dune.

Unfortunately, I'm a computer nerd and don't know a thing about building a rail so I had to go out and get one. I have taken tests rides in SU's at Dumont and that sold my wife on getting one. I started looking around and the prices were out-of-site. I didn't want to spend a fortune. For me, I didn't need a sterio or headsets or the largest engine, I just wanted to do the dunes and have fun doing so. I didn't have to have the fastest buggy but wanted it to handle well through the bumps. When I talked to the current builder of my buggy, I asked about the 17" tires. He explained that it looks cool but 15" handles better and the center of gravity is lower. He also stated the larger tires would rob some of my power. I know there are some of you that probably have these larger tires but I don't get it as well. Everyone to their own. I enjoy having decent power, a buggy that handles well going up hills as well as just duning from dune to dune.

Sandwinders are definately one the best bang for your buck rails.

:freakin_nuts: this exact subject is being discussed under rails by barney car i said pretty much what you said im not real impressed the way there trends are headed..................................

but ya when i first read the heading i thought o sh*t he must of got into it with monsterman ???

new header bro

well hes right except the 17s are going to handle better .less side wall tire wash. not really anything about cool you can barely tell the difference. and yes the larger the tires the more it takes from the motor on the low end. but adds in top end and being that theres not much flat running its not worth it. :freakin_nuts:

what took you so long to notice ronco :lol:

been busy lowering my car :lol:

in all seriousness if somebody is referencing the monster truck statement towards me, the car i was showing says mock up all over the friggin arms on the car. It does'nt even have the right rear shocks on it. I know about center of gravity, body roll, etc. etc. etc. And if not directed towards me cool, i'm still working on that car. :lol:

Edited by monsterman

Whenever I get around to building a buggy the only size requirements I have is that it will fit in my hauler with paddles on and without having to suck the suspension up with a ratchet strap. I do a whole lot more desert riding and only make it to the dunes about 5 to 6 times a year. Seriously though, how big do you honestly have to make a buggy to have decent travel that will work good in the desert but still be duneable? I just don't get having a buggy that needs a ladder on the side to be able to get into the :lol: thing.

been busy lowering my car :lol:

in all seriousness if somebody is referencing the monster truck statement towards me, the car i was showing says mock up all over the friggin arms on the car. It does'nt even have the right rear shocks on it. I know about center of gravity, body roll, etc. etc. etc. And if not directed towards me cool, i'm still working on that car. :lol:

no ron it has nothing to do with monster rails the company i/e your company. its about the growing trend of monster SIZED rails.

we had already started a thread about it but joe duner must have missed it. but we all share the same opinion wtf there turning into monster trucks. i guess its "in" we noticed same old desighns with giant tires.. and 4 feet off the ground and those heavy a$$ dual sports. read the post titled "rails" youll see :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

What is the deal with all these new MONSTER TRUCK type sand rails now? Me personally, I cant see the need for a sand rail to be 4 feet off the ground. This has go to be the stupidest thing ive seen in a long time. Does a guy really want the center of gravity to be that hi on something hes going to take duning and possibly slide? Its no wonder people are putting all of these cars on there lids lately. Why dont they just buy a friggin monster truck to take to the dunes. Hey I guess its looks over function nowadays? And in my opinion, Those bigass cars look poopd*ck. Dumbasfu-k!!!!!

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! I'll give you the fact that Funcos are great duning cars, but they "look" like some sort of Miss Piggy mobile or something. I'm building a new dualsport Mosebillt right now.

I knows its probably alot bigger than your car, does that make it a monster?