Possible Move?

EY3BA11

Should I Move  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should ISBB Move to OC!

• YES
    • NO

So i get a message today from a good friend of mine who wants me to come work for him in OC... he has offered me posistions a couple of times and i have always declined because of my situation in vegas! The wife, the friends, the party's, this that and the other. What are your opinions... If you were offerd almost double the salary, and a room to rent in my boss's house till i get on my feet elsewhere?

o.k. it depends...lol this subject I know very well.. I grew up here....What do you want out of life?

further trip to dumont? closer to the beach? great weather? terrible traffic? are you willing to live in northern mexico? :D

Edited by Craniacs

craniacs i grew up 10 miles outside mexicali so the northern mexico doesnt bother me... Traffic wont bother me as long as i find a place close to work.. and i have no effin clue what i want in life.. just want to get outta some debt at the moment... and get some new toys.. :D the drive is about the same to dumont and glamis... so it wouldnt make that big of a diffrence for me to go either way.. :D

Sounds like an excellent opportunity, BUT... remember friends and certain things in life can't be replaced with money. It's entirely up to you though, Nick. If I got offerred almost double my salary, it would be a tough decision, but I think I would still stay in Vegas. I love this place. No place else compares to here for me. I have met awesome people, there's always something going on, and there's a million things to do here. Besides, where are you gonna go in CA for a :laughoff: wounded dolphin at 2AM? :drunk::laughoff:

OK...OK... back to the subject at hand here. :laughoff: Look at it this way, Nick. I understand that it's an excellent opportunity and you really wanna jump at it. If you want to do it bad enough, then you will. I have always told myself that if in 2 days or so if I am still REALLY thinking hard about if I should do something or not, then the answer is no. That's just me though. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. You'll have friends to back your decision either way. :laughoff::beerpint:

I dont know much about henderson though...Seems it would be less "city like" right? because its pretty clogged down here and if ya didnt buy a house ten years ago its $$$$$$ but damn double the salary is pretty sweeet! and ya cant beat the weather.....but forget gettin out of town on a friday night! damn freeways!!!! ahhhhh! :beerpint:

DDR Aing going anywhere and ill still be around to attend to the events and everything.. its just movign a lil further away from y'all and the :beerpint: can be made in the dunes too.. :D

Im gonna sleep on it and see what i think in the mornin..

I dont know much about henderson though...Seems it would be less "city like" right? because its pretty clogged down here and if ya didnt buy a house ten years ago its $$$$$$ but damn double the salary is pretty sweeet! and ya cant beat the weather.....but forget gettin out of town on a friday night! damn freeways!!!! ahhhhh! :beerpint:

IF the hours are what i think they are going to be getting outta town isnt a issue.. :D 6am - like 2pm or something in that neigborhood... it would also be nice to have my afternoons back as well.. i miss those..

If I were in your situation I would probably take the job. You are renting a room from a friend so you don't have a house to get rid of. You don't have any pets. You don't have a steady girlfriend. You don't have a wife and kids. A new job with twice the salary sounds pretty good. Better hours sound pretty good too. The down side is you have to give something up to get something. It's always hard getting adjusted to a new place. You're lucky you're in a place in your life to be able to make decisions like that. More power to you whatever you decide. I'm sure you'll get whatever support you need from DDR folks. :beerpint:

Edited by Don29palms

If I were in your situation I would probably take the job. You are renting a room from a friend so you don't have a house to get rid of. You don't have any pets. You don't have a steady girlfriend. You don't have a wife and kids. A new job with twice the salary sounds pretty good. Better hours sound pretty good too. The down side is you have to give something up to get something. It's always hard getting adjusted to a new place. You're lucky you're in a place in your life to be able to make decisions like that. More power to you whatever you decide. I'm sure you'll get whatever support you need from DDR folks. :laughing:

i agree with that and besides you have the oppurtunity to be an OCP, you do know what that is right

Nick...my.02 ...For me hapiness is Nirvana. I've been at the lowest lows and the highest highs. Had no money and more than I almost knew what to do with. You have to just decide what and where do you think you will be most happy? What about your bride? Chance to reconcile? For me, I would be happy living in a studio Apt with a cool life and bride than be in a place with lots of jack but no happiness. We can all give you our thoughts, but the decision is yours. Change is good, so it's said. Plus, no one says you can't come back. Good luck!!! :laughing:

Nick...my.02 ...For me hapiness is Nirvana. I've been at the lowest lows and the highest highs. Had no money and more than I almost knew what to do with. You have to just decide what and where do you think you will be most happy? What about your bride? Chance to reconcile? For me, I would be happy living in a studio Apt with a cool life and bride than be in a place with lots of jack but no happiness. We can all give you our thoughts, but the decision is yours. Change is good, so it's said. Plus, no one says you can't come back. Good luck!!! :laughing:

AMEN to that, :laughing: Brother

Happiness is important, but sometimes that doesn't pan out either. Curious to know if your wife is included in the move? Or are you trying to run away from that issue?

Blah Blah Blah! :laughing:

Just man up and do what ever you want! Your the only one that can make a call like this :laughing:

Blah Blah Blah! :laughing:

Just man up and do what ever you want! Your the only one that can make a call like this :finger:

Whaterver..... :laughing::laughoff::laughoff:

I wish I would've had some advice on some of the things I now regret doing in my past.....

That's a tough one.....

Measure the amount of success in your life by the amount of love and happiness in it. For me that happiness includes my family and toys.....it's different for each and every one of us.

Good luck.....I am curious as to how you will choose.