Sand Addiction Sandcar Shoot-out

JoeDuner

Yeah, if they did it when the weather was cooler, more would have showed up. I think they need to have a 20 point scoring systen instead of a 5 point system. Alot of cars got 4's, when maybe on the 20 point system, one would get a 14 and the other a 16. It said they were going to try and do another on in the future. Time will tell.

I think alot of manufactures didnt show up because they know there cars are POS compared to the top builders. Why show up when you gonna get dogged out? I think the scoring system in the shoout was hookey. I saw how 1 driver scored a car a 5 and the other driver scored the same car a 1. How can that be?

not taken anthing away from anyone of the big boy builders most have been at it for many years

and build very good car . just would be nice to have the money to back and stock the shelves with the things to build more than one car at a time is all.

Did any of you happen to see the overall width of the Sand Limo car front end? 101" is too big to fit into any hauler I know of and even if you were to ratchet strap to droop the suspension to get it narrow enough width wise i'm sure it would be too tall to fit under the bed.

the big boys are cookie cutter cars. pull the tubing off the rack and place it in the right spot and wld it in were as a smaller builder put them together one at a time

You say they are cookie cutters because they are built on a jig ??? Every "big builder" I know of will custom do anything you want them to. I'm not sure what you mean by cookie cutter ?? :eatdrink021: Please explain.

Edited by JoeDuner

thats driver prefrence and i garuntee there are smaller biulders biulding way better cars then the so called big boys.............................................................

Please name the small builders you think build the best cars.

ill answer that eyeball fab is as strong and is biult as well as any su, extreme , sandlimo, or any other car out there

and by cookie cutter i mean hiring a bunch of barely skilled labor to weld frames where you ask extreme sand cars.

monster rails cars are as good as any out there

mose biult excellent car.

and thats off the top of my head at the moment.

funco is a large experianced manufacturer however, jumping and large whoops and wheelies are a part of duning. funcos do not excell in those catagories. so they do not excell in every aspect. but they are a fine car :broke:

The problem I had with the match-up was they were not comparing apples to apples. Many cars came with major horsepower and others came with lesser horsepower. If you looked at some of the categories like how well does the buggy wheelie, and 2 guys give it a 4 and 5 and the other gives it a 1, there is something wrong here. Some had more shocks than others. To make it fair, every car needs to have about the same equipment in my opinion.

If you looked at some of the categories like how well does the buggy wheelie, and 2 guys give it a 4 and 5 and the other gives it a 1, there is something wrong here. Some had more shocks than others. To make it fair, every car needs to have about the same equipment in my opinion.

I was looking at that too and thinking maybe he doesn't know how to wheelie.....like myself. :redneck:

ill answer that eyeball fab is as strong and is biult as well as any su, extreme , sandlimo, or any other car out there

and by cookie cutter i mean hiring a bunch of barely skilled labor to weld frames where you ask extreme sand cars.

monster rails cars are as good as any out there

mose biult excellent car.

and thats off the top of my head at the moment.

funco is a large experianced manufacturer however, jumping and large whoops and wheelies are a part of duning. funcos do not excell in those catagories. so they do not excell in every aspect. but they are a fine car :headbang1:

Do you mean built Bob? :redneck:

Do you mean built Bob? :laughoff:

no :laughoff::laughoff: now what.

anywase, read the article. i went out and bought it just because of this thread. first impressions not bad for a start. needs improvements. none of the drivers are big in running sand. motor options were all over the map. price to what you get not considered.

i think from the pics the track they laid out wasnt exreme enough. to truly test the cars limits.

its the biulders faults for not showing up. according to the wrighting, and indeed eyeball fab did get an invite. and declined .( no cars available ) a shootout needed to start somewhere .i have to say it looks like a good start. they need to add an 80 mph pass down sand highway and some better jumps they got the duning part down. but thats only half the fun. no side by side acceleration tests. :laughoff:

needs more but all in all a good start. and there was a few smaller biulders involved. I WAS WRONG. lots of biulders had invites no one showed they get what they deserved. :laughoff:

congrats funco on first ever shoot out 1st place finish :laughoff: