Bring your kites. Its a bit windy out here!

Big Red

made it to Dumont. road is in way better condition then a couple weeks ago. i still did about 10 mph, but i can see some of you being able to do the speedlimit. river crossing totally fixed. :bawl:

the wind is blowing like crazy. getting sandblasted standing outside, so i am gonna snuggle up to the tv. there is already a bunch of people out here. the camp next to us has already at least 8 rigs. and a bunch of other camps starting up.

had my first break.....my battery is shot. :( seems my guy at the shop sold me a bad battery. :thumb: waiting for the battery delivery service, or might have to run somewheres. :(

ok thats it for now. i will check back in later.

Big Red reporting from the sand.......

Thanks for the update. We'll see ya in a few hours. :beercheers:

BTW, what does your rig look like? I'll swing by when I get in.

Pete, it will probably be white and have a coat of dust making it grey. That way as the wind blows it blends right in! Also it will be SANDBLASTED, so make sure you find him!! :ban-split::DDRrocks::DDRrocks:

Thanks for the update. We'll see ya in a few hours. :beercheers:

BTW, what does your rig look like? I'll swing by when I get in.

i am in a 40 ft cyclone pete. you shouldnt miss it.

ok, the wind did die down for a bit this morning. right when i thought we were cool, whamo!! the wind is back good and strong. the tracks i laid down this morning are already gone.

other then that, still fighting with the battery. :ban-split:

bad wind and all. this place rocks!!!!!

hes at b7 at the base of the big hill that the finger turns into

I knew THAT. I was wondering what his rig looked like.

Pete, it will probably be white and have a coat of dust making it grey. That way as the wind blows it blends right in! Also it will be SANDBLASTED, so make sure you find him!! :beercheers::DDRrocks::booty:

he has the truck with the toyhauler behind it

:ban-split::booty:

As for you two, I have a finger for each of you! :DDRrocks:

I think BigRed needs to do a "Live from Dumont" with his computer since some of us couldn't be there this weekend.

Live updates, now that would be cool................. :DDRrocks::beercheers::booty::DDRrocks::duniemonkie:

ok then...here ya go.

wind died down last night around 9pm. just a very light breeze. very nice!!!! just got back from a ride, pete and his crew came over to bobs and our camp. so we headed out. me and my standard travel didnt have a chance with those guys. :ban-split: i was able to keep up with them till about half way through the dunes. then my engine started missing, so i decided to peel off and take the flats back. well, turns out that might have been a good idea. was sitting in camp when bob came back. he said "Sand Snake" took a bad spill, cracked his frame, and rung his bell pretty good. he is OK. sounds like the car isnt.

its about as good as weather you could ask for. dont even need to run the AC.

ok, thats about it for now. i will check back in later.