Oct 5,6,7 trip report

dune_rat

HOLY CRAP... Here we go again with the "HILLSHOOTER" BULLSHIT lol I sense this is gonna get good. :beercheers:

No,we dont need to go there anymore.I feel like it was settled at the hill.As far as im concerned its over,UNTIL HALLOWEEN,lol

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you know the difference between needing a spark arrestor and not? A license plate!!! That's it and it's bulls##t! I know a USFS Ranger that works Glamis a couple times a year and he said that the biggest thing that all the Rangers will be looking for and writing tickets for this year is spark arrestors. I figure as much as I don't want to choke down my bike I will run it just to avoid a ticket.

Capt,Cmon man.I wasnt upset at all about how things went out there,are you nuts.We were the 6 guys over there laughing our a$$es off.We had the best time ever that day.You trash talking only made it better :thumb: I hope you do get that thing running better.Your posts all this time only motivated all of us.You know dannys black YFZ had zero time on it too.We guessed where everything was jetting wise and his motor was 100% fresh build from stock.We didnt know what to expect.I guess we got lucky but it hauled A$$.You dont need to worry about taking easy on us in your posts.Like i said before talking is part of racing.Do your thing.We will see you again at Halloween for another go.This time my bike will be running,not sitting there with a waded up sprocket and chain.There were a ton of rocks at the hill.I ran it up the hill once and hit 60.I think i can get a little more out of it before halloween.It will be fun.See you soon!

Glad your not upset then... Come halloween weekend i am out of excuses :D i have time now to dyno it and get it running better was popping a little on decel and slugish of the line so a couple weeks away and should be 100% and then.

i owe you and Danny a drink so dont forget to collect when you see me. My wife makes some awesome mixed whipped in the blender Vodka something or another :beercheers:

Nice to have some guys that are fast and it feels good to get whipped now and again. deffinately makes me wanna race you again and see that bike run. 60 mph wow thats nice best ive seen was 55 so far and with the little changes my builder made it should do better than the 55 previously(i hope lol) if not i am in big trouble with you 2.

i grabbed a big 10lb rock of the hill that morning and drove it down to the bottom and dropped it.. i didnt want to anyone to hit it.

Capt

B370 whatever you say is right.We were all laughing and happier than pigs in sh*t but we wanted to give the rangers a hard time.You are right.Sorry for the misunderstanding.and for the LAST TIME>WE FREAKING KNEW WE NEEDED TO BUY A PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny.............. 3 of us heard and SAW the whole thing go down. Yes the rangers were NOT there first thing in the morning. Last I knew it was not surprise that YOU NEED A PASS? Did you think you they would let you leave w/o having a pass? Is that so hard to understand? We saw roughly 10 vehicles come & go while we were there and YOUR group is THE ONLY ones with attitude?

In case you are retarded or something you might want to reread his posts. He said he was pulling up to buy his pass! HE KNEW HE NEEDED ONE!!!

Let me just say that I sat maybe 10' away from this whole thing and saw everything that happened. That is NOT how I saw things. You rolled up and w/o a pass the ranger stated that you needed a pass and would have to go around the corner of the trailer to get one. When your friend went to get a pass the ranger notice that one of your bikes was about to come off the trailer. The ranger was cordial the whole time. How would you feel if while driving home your quad came off the back of the trailer while driving 75mph down the highway? I have seen it happen and you wouldnt have much if anything salvagable left if it fell off. Maybe he should have kept quiet and let you lose your quad? :beercheers:

Why dont you let Jesse chime in and let you know how we were being treated.Im not 18 years old im 31,i know when im being harrased.When we rolled in there was NOBODY THERE.We already knew we were going to buy a pass on the way out.This wasnt our first trip to Dumont.Ive been going there since i was a kid.He was a prick from the moment we got there.When we said to him we needed a pass he said"well that would be a good idea"Like a major prick.The part about jesses raptor falling off im not arguing,he did inform us it was unstrapped.When jesse went to go move it he started picking everything apart and WAS NOT nice about it.He was trying to intimidate us and throw his weight around.You didnt hear what he was saying,i did and so did jesse.We both felt the exact same way.But hey if you think thats the way you should treat regular paying visitors then thats on you.And let me just ask do you have a spark arrestor on your bike?I doubt it and i doubt 99% of the people do out there.Its one thing if he was just giving us an FYI but he was being a prick and meant it.

I have a spark arrestor on my rhino. Whats the big deal. Put one on. And how is asking you to pay for a pass strong arming you? There was noone there when I got to dumont either. But I made the effort to go get a pass before I left. If you want to use the dunes, you gotta pay. Im sure the rangers get sick and tired of having to stop people on there way out for not having a pass. Quit trying to beat the system and buy a friggin pass. Just my 2 cents.

Guess what? I sat maybe 10-15' away from your truck the WHOLE friggin time. Maybe YOU should be aware of what else is going on around you. I also have 2 other witness' that saw and HEARD everything. I am neither a ranger or part of the BLM. Just a witness to what I saw. Tomorrow I am sure someone else on this board will post what THEY saw. Bet its pretty close to what I saw too

:beercheers:

Funny.............. 3 of us heard and SAW the whole thing go down. Yes the rangers were NOT there first thing in the morning. Last I knew it was not surprise that YOU NEED A PASS? Did you think you they would let you leave w/o having a pass? Is that so hard to understand? We saw roughly 10 vehicles come & go while we were there and YOUR group is THE ONLY ones with attitude?

Wow. With your comments I'm not surprised that you are friends with Officer d*ck. Were the 3 of you involved? No. Were we? Yes.

Read my post again. i said we were pulling over to pay for a pass "like we always do" Is that so hard for YOU to understand?

Glad your not upset then... Come halloween weekend i am out of excuses :D i have time now to dyno it and get it running better was popping a little on decel and slugish of the line so a couple weeks away and should be 100% and then.

i owe you and Danny a drink so dont forget to collect when you see me. My wife makes some awesome mixed whipped in the blender Vodka something or another :laughing:

Nice to have some guys that are fast and it feels good to get whipped now and again. deffinately makes me wanna race you again and see that bike run. 60 mph wow thats nice best ive seen was 55 so far and with the little changes my builder made it should do better than the 55 previously(i hope lol) if not i am in big trouble with you 2.

i grabbed a big 10lb rock of the hill that morning and drove it down to the bottom and dropped it.. i didnt want to anyone to hit it.

Capt

Hell no,we had a blast.Sounds good to me!!The way that LTR was running has us rethinking our setup,lol...I think we all got it out of our systems.It was fun.C you next time...PS...I need a better job so i can have a builder too :DDRrocks: Damnit,i guess ill have to keep gettin greazy until then :beercheers: Get that thing running,we will do it again Halloween :thumb:

I have a spark arrestor on my rhino. Whats the big deal. Put one on. And how is asking you to pay for a pass strong arming you? There was noone there when I got to dumont either. But I made the effort to go get a pass before I left. If you want to use the dunes, you gotta pay. Im sure the rangers get sick and tired of having to stop people on there way out for not having a pass. Quit trying to beat the system and buy a friggin pass. Just my 2 cents.

WHO THE *UCK SAID I THOUGHT WE DIDNT NEED A *UCKING PASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case you are retarded or something you might want to reread his posts. He said he was pulling up to buy his pass! HE KNEW HE NEEDED ONE!!!

Thank you. Someone is paying attention throughout this whole thing. :thumb:

And for the record, like I have said before, WE WERE GOING TO BUY A PASS REGARDLESS IF THE RANGER HAD PULLED US OVER OR NOT. He wasn't there in morning when we got there, so when we left we pulled in "like we always do" to buy a pass. We had a great trip. We had great races. And we wanted to have a great trip home. Why does everyone think that we are trying to beat the system. This is not our first time riding in Dumont :beercheers:

Wow. With your comments I'm not surprised that you are friends with Officer d*ck. Were the 3 of you involved? No. Were we? Yes.

Read my post again. i said we were pulling over to pay for a pass "like we always do" Is that so hard for YOU to understand?

if it makes all you feel better i bought mine on the way out also.... wasnt trying to beat anyone out of anything.. i just stop and pay on the way out if no one is standing there to collect when i pull in, thats what i have always done before i bought the yearly pass.

Capt

Guess what? I sat maybe 10-15' away from your truck the WHOLE friggin time. Maybe YOU should be aware of what else is going on around you. I also have 2 other witness' that saw and HEARD everything. I am neither a ranger or part of the BLM. Just a witness to what I saw. Tomorrow I am sure someone else on this board will post what THEY saw. Bet its pretty close to what I saw too

:beercheers:

What does sitting 15 ft away from our trucks have to do with this?

How about kiss my :laughing:

No need to be a bigger douche then you already seem to be.

I saw that you were there to buy a pass... but since YOU KNOW YOU NEEDED one then why give even more attitude? I dont even know the ranger that was there or any others for that fact. MY quad does not have a spark arrestor and I could care less if I have to put one on.

Im done with this..... I can see that you will only bring it upon yourselves. Go piss on someone else and tell them its raining. Have a great day :DDRrocks::beercheers::thumb:

if it makes all you feel better i bought mine on the way out also.... wasnt trying to beat anyone out of anything.. i just stop and pay on the way out if no one is standing there to collect when i pull in, thats what i have always done before i bought the yearly pass.

Capt

Exactly! I still don't understand why other people don't see it that way.

BTW; Capt, all BS aside, it made it fun racing with you. Hopefully you get that baby in full swing and ready for Halloween. I look forward to seeing it again and ill take you up on that drink :beercheers:

Exactly! I still don't understand why other people don't see it that way.

BTW; Capt, all BS aside, it made it fun racing with you. Hopefully you get that baby in full swing and ready for Halloween. I look forward to seeing it again and ill take you up on that drink :beercheers:

look forward to both :laughing::thumb:

man you guys are typing fast tonight i can hardly keep up lol

Capt

How about kiss my :laughing:

I saw that you were there to buy a pass... but since YOU KNOW YOU NEEDED one then why give even more attitude? I dont even know the ranger that was there or any others for that fact. MY quad does not have a spark arrestor and I could care less if I have to put one on.

Im done with this..... I can see that you will only bring it upon yourselves. Go piss on someone else and tell them its raining. Have a great day :DDRrocks::beercheers::thumb:

You have your opinion and we have ours lets leave it at that. :DDRrocks:

How about kiss my :DDRrocks:

Im done with this..... I can see that you will only bring it upon yourselves. Go piss on someone else and tell them its raining. Have a great day :woo_hoo::beercheers::DDRrocks:

The truth is

#1- You weren't involved

#2- You don't make any sense.

I told you once but you didn't seem to understand. We pulled over at our own will to buy a pass. We were thrilled with the fun day of racing that we had and were in great moods. As soon as we pulled over he gave us attitude FIRST. I don't care about buying some stupid $20 pass. If I couldn't afford it I wouldn't ride there. :thumb: Right back attcha :laughing:

WHO THE *UCK SAID I THOUGHT WE DIDNT NEED A *UCKING PASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you a FLATBILLER? :beercheers: You have the same attitude as Most FLATBILLERS? Point is, you knew you needed a pass and it seems you tried to scam and not get a pass. You got caught and now all of the sudden the Ranger is the d*ck. Walt is one of the nicest guys I have ever met, If he says YOU had the attitude, I believe him. So, are you going to put a spark arrestor in your bike?