Oct 5,6,7 trip report

dune_rat

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i had to work today and was bummed i couldnt go play in the sand. but when i get to work i find out it is just a couple hour gig. was able leave work by 10:30 rushed home swapped the sand tires on the 450r. loaded up and we were on blue diamond by noon and unloading in camp by 1:45 and made it to the 2pm south pole meet and greet. what a turn out seemed like half the people at dumont were at the pole. went for a little ride then back to camp to make the rounds. got to meet buggy chick and budlight bob nice chatting with you. this was my girlfriends first trip to the sand and she thought it was cool. now she wants farm equipment. thanks bert for giving her a tracker ride. after a run with pauly and wingnut to the north pole. it was time to load up and head home for work in the morning. drove out in the sunset was great to get a sand fix and cant wait to get the new trailer out and stay a few nights! :beercheers:

Well anyone worried about the wind saturday missed a fun trip.It was calm all day until we left around 2pm.We had a really good day out there.We brought my 480,dannys stockbore,a bolt on Raptor,and John H's LTR stockbore.After 2 passes up the hill i hit a rock or something and trashed my rear sprocket,threw the chain etc and was out for the day.All the bikes we rolled out with ran hard.We had the fastest all motor 4 strokes there.It looked like there was a V-Force spraying that was really quick.Met up with Captkllm :D Although i thought we would need my 480 to beat his big Raptor danny's stockbore YFZ,John H's LTR,and Mineurbiz's YFZ all handled him with ease.The best part of the day was watching danny beat his big raptor on jessie's bolt on raptor(pipe,intake,and programmer) :clap: Capt you talked ALOT of crap before the weekend and everyone on here saw it.You said you were going to mop us up and boy were you wrong :lol: Danny's and John H's LTR beat your bike by atleast 5-7 bikes consistently.The thing that i didnt really appreciate was all the excuses you came up with when it was over.This race has been in the works for over a month and to say you werent ready and you will be ready for halloween was insulting.When i asked you if you had more respect for the 450's and you said no,that was insulting also.You didnt even run our fastest bike.I just figured after all the crap you gave us you could be respectful and come over and give us some props.You kinda gave some back handed compliments but more excuses than anything.That was disappointing.Just an FYI every bike except for mine had never seen sand since there build either before saturday.None of our bikes were TUNED.We ran what we brung,and you lost.You say you want another shot at us on Halloween.Thats fine,we will do it again.The thing is you need to learn to give credit where credit was due.Those 450's laid it on you hard.Next time come over,give us our due and call it a day.You honestly seem like a really good guy in person,but making all those excuses after it was over was lame IMO.We were very happy with the way everything we brought ran like hell.I gotta give John H and Bryan alot of credit,that LTR is one fast MOFO.That thing flat out rips.Dannys stockbore build was impressive.Danny out ran a CUB Banshee out there.Was his bike faster?NO,but on that day he got to the top of the hill first.That Banshee was pulling on him like a freight train,lmao.The guy i dont think had his gearing right.Danny's was just fast enough to hold him off at the top of the hill.That banshee was very nice looking too.Jessies bolt on Raptor surprised everyone.That bike ran really well for a few bolt on mods,and front knobbies,lol.Mineurbiz's KENZ stroker ran good but needs some gearing changes.For just showing up with it the bike ran well,just needs some adjustments.Its got plenty of potential.Bert cruised by in the dune tracker,we clocked the dune tracker at a scorching 23mph up banshee hill :clap: Was that with the ac on or off :boxer: All in all it was an awesome day,and we had a great time.Capt you have officially been worked by a few 450's.You can have another shot at Halloween but next time just give us our due.If you would have waxed us i would have given you your props.Get that thing ready,halloween is right around the corner.

They day was a blast, Aaron if you have the picture of me racing capt, I would love to have a copy. Also I am buying the new gears this week for my bike and removing the nerfs, bumper and looking for some lighter front tires for Halloween.

I was also a little disappointed with Capt, I rolled over to introduce myself and all he did was tell me that he just got his bike back together and did not have the air fuel mix right. I don't think you could have made up the amount of ground you needed to. I had just got my bike back and had not even ridden it or had a chance to tune mine either. I still have the stock gearing and from what Aaron said, I am way off of what I should be. You are a nice guy though and I look forward to seeing you at the hill on Halloween, but my bike will not be the same either (I hope).

But it was a perfect morning for racing and I had a good time hanging with you all.

Edited by mineurbiz

Anyone else get harrased relentlessly by the RANGERS?On our way in there was nobody to buy a pass from so we cruised on in.Then on our way out of course there they are to strongarm us for our money,lol.Anyway we pull up and danny tells the ranger we need to buy a pass,and he say "well thats a good idea!"Like a real jerk.So danny goes in to buy a pass and the ranger stays out with us and starts harassing the crap out of jessie and I.First he says one of our straps had come lose and we need to tie it back down.So jessie gets out to do it and he tells jessie we all need cali green stickers and he should seize our bikes.So i see jessie struggling to turn his quad sideways on the trailor and get out to help him.Then the ranger tells us that all our bikes are illegal and all need spark arrestors and cant even be on a trailor in the state of california and he should seize all of our bikes.Im sure these may be the laws and all but this guy was being nothing but a first class PRICK.Then i tell him that if he seizes our bikes he will need to seize every single quad in Dumont dunes because nobody out there has a spark arrestor.He didnt like that and just continued to give us a bunch of crap.Then we leave finally and the prick follows us until the Tecopa turnoff.WTF was that all about.Ive been going to Dumont since i was a kid and that is the worst i have ever been treated.I know about the green sticker thing,and jessie told him we would get one,but the guy just kept on harassing us.Reminded me of cruising the strip back in the day and the bike cops.The whole spark arrestor deal was a first for me though.There arent any trees to burn in dumont so WTF do we need spark arrestors for?It was just a bunch of bull$hit im my opinion.I hope that doesnt happen again. :boxer:

They day was a blast, Aaron if you have the picture of me racing capt, I would love to have a copy. Also I am buying the new gears this week for my bike and removing the nerfs, bumper and looking for some lighter front tires for Halloween.

I was also a little disappointed with Capt, I rolled over to introduce myself and all he did was tell me that he just got his bike back together and did not have the air fuel mix right. I don't think you could have made up the amount of ground you needed to. I had just got my bike back and had not even ridden it or had a chance to tune mine either. I still have the stock gearing and from what Aaron said, I am way off of what I should be. You are a nice guy though and I look forward to seeing you at the hill on Halloween, but my bike will not be the same either (I hope).

But it was a perfect morning for racing and I had a good time hanging with you all.

Im not sure if i got any pictures.I took them on Danny's camera and the sun was so bright i couldnt even see the screen on the camera.I couldnt see what i was taking pictures of,it sucked.I wanted to get some pics.Oh well.Your bike has plenty of potential,just needs some gearing changes.You might want to ditch the Lectron for a big FCR also.I know there was one on YFZTECH that was a Sparks 43mm that he wanted to trade for a stock carb and some $$.His name was duner4life.Just a thought.See you next time,that was fun.

Im not sure if i got any pictures.I took them on Danny's camera and the sun was so bright i couldnt even see the screen on the camera.I couldnt see what i was taking pictures of,it sucked.I wanted to get some pics.Oh well.Your bike has plenty of potential,just needs some gearing changes.You might want to ditch the Lectron for a big FCR also.I know there was one on YFZTECH that was a Sparks 43mm that he wanted to trade for a stock carb and some $$.His name was duner4life.Just a thought.See you next time,that was fun.

I will check out that other carb, I still have my stocker or I might even just send it out and have it done. If by chance you do have a pic, let me know. This sport is to damn addicting!

I will check out that other carb, I still have my stocker or I might even just send it out and have it done. If by chance you do have a pic, let me know. This sport is to damn addicting!

Here are 2 for sale,one is a 44mm fcr with a rat stack the other is the sparks 43mm i told you about.

http://www.yfztech.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11802

http://www.yfztech.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12910

It sounds like I missed out on a good time. Stupid work :boxer:

Thanks for breaking in my bike guy's. Hopefully it will be a little faster by halloween.

I'm sure Secret Squirl (AKA Danny) has some extra stuff up his sleeve too. Sneaky bastard :clap:

It sounds like I missed out on a good time. Stupid work :clap:

Thanks for breaking in my bike guy's. Hopefully it will be a little faster by halloween.

I'm sure Secret Squirl (AKA Danny) has some extra stuff up his sleeve too. Sneaky bastard :lol:

DUDE! Your bike ran great!! I guess I kinda have to respect it now. :clap::boxer:

No more up the sleeve for me. And if there is, I guess I can share with Suzuki garage now because that LTR HUSTLED BIGTIME!! Im looking forward to some great races with it!

were they selling passes at the front????? i am about to pull out of here in a hour and really dont want to hassle with the rangers.

Yep.they have it coned off so you have to drive thru the station there.They were bigtime a-holes too.Hopefully for you that d*ck left.They wouldnt sell season passes only a day pass for $20.Goodluck,hopefully thye dont seize your equipment,lol. :boxer: <---thats for the rangers

dude what did that guy have done 2 his LTR?

that thing was FAST!! :clap:

give me some tips 2 get my LTR like that! :clap:

Inner Circle stuff of course. :boxer: Seriously Johns LTR was fast.Fastest LTR ive seen so far.I was impressed.Atleast John talked the talk and walked the walk.I gotta give it to those guys.They made it very interesting.Had Danny sweatin thats for sure. :lol: You guys gave us a hell of a run for our money :lol: I wish ole orangeee wouldnt have broke so fast.Sucks when there arent any vendors out with parts.