sMitty

Dont get me wrong....Im all for a volunteer patrol program and I see your point......the world isnt "Mayberry" anymore and there are folks who dont care....these same folks hav been arrested multiple times, could care less about the authority displayed by LEOs and would not hesitate to do one of the professionals harm let alone a volunteer! Ask Craig (SandBlasted) the kind off stuff he runs into daily......Im not far off here

Yea I don't see a problem, you want to do it anonymously or walk into the camp and say hey what gives? Then either way it's ok. The get even mentality can be a real problem and some will not want to take that risk. This is where the secret witness program came from.

We just need to try somehow to help get the word out that trashing the dunes and unsafe behavior is not socially acceptable.

Live and let live is my motto. I don’t see a big problem with comp, yea there are a few jerks, however when the pickup truck is sitting spraying sand, rock and gravel at everyone and like a poster said the ranger just sat there and watched, I would of gone to the ranger and said “you going to just sit there or are you going to do something?

No one is going to agree on everything but those of us who care about the sport as you do can come up with solutions and common ground. :laughoff:

With more and more of us willing to do more and to show our numbers doing the right thing, it will set an example for the rest. I still have faith in most people if you just explain it to them in a respectful manner the light will click on.

I love pete's idea of getting the checkerd flags and those of us who fly it should all be able to be counted on to acompany each other when someone needs to be talked to, but it sould be done respectfully and not in a "in your face confrontation" and not given to the rangers unless necessary when just a nice hey did you know will do.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love pete's idea of getting the checkerd flags and those of us who fly it should all be able to be counted on to acompany each other when someone needs to be talked to, but it sould be done respectfully and not in a "in your face confrontation" and not given to the rangers unless necessary when just a nice hey did you know will do.

I didn't say checkered flags- I said DDR flags! :flipoff::lol::lol::lol::laughoff::laughoff:

A flag with that logo would be sweet--->DDR_logo2.gif:laughoff::laughoff: That would stand out too. :dunno:

I've seen some checkered flags that also have logos on them... that might be an idea for DDR.

The "non-denominational" (for lack of a better word) checkered flag wouldn't have any particular logo or saying, but for Dumont it could be a different colored checker (to set it apart from the flags at Glamis). I don't remember what color Oceano/Pismo chose but it would be easy enough to find out.

VickiW

Heres my two cents. If you dont want to be in the crowd of idiots go the other way. Its that simple, theres alot of places to ride out there and plenty of room for you to take your kids to somewhere that its not busy and much more safe. No matter where you go theres always going to be people doing stupid things.

As I said in the 1st post, I know I dont have to go, but I USED to want to go....thats the point :laughoff:

Well if you are gonna go that far then go ahead and use this it is just sitting in my garage gathering dust.

what are we killing insurgents, terrorists, Osama? Oh just people that ack a fool, well I guess they need killin too :headbang1:

post-416-1194100095_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kens Colors

• 2 weeks later...

:dope: :shout: IT'S NOT THAT BAD THOUGH! :laughing::thumb::slap:

Think of it this way. There are less people racing now and more people just hanging out being stupid. That sucks because I go to the hill mostly to watch, race, and to hang out, BUT maybe it's for the better that not as many people are ON the hill at night. Maybe they are actually being MORE responsible by hanging out yelling at people with a megaphone to pop a wheelie rather than driving drunk up the hill and running people over. Maybe they are being more responsible by laying in the back of their truck and some eating acid while staring at the stars in the sky. :blury::laughoff::lol: ok ok j/k about that one :lol:

I say we all set an example for most and everyone CONTINUE to go to comp at night and have fun in a RESPONSIBLE way. It really IS possible. :idea::dunno:

comp. hill is and has been a party , and a show !!

to me , it's no different than a movie , if someone gets out of line , I have no problem telling them to shut up ! or show the way out to them !! the a$$ hats are the kids that have not been disiplined much in life ...

I love comp. and they won't take it from me !! we can take them , who's with me ??

P.S. conflict is good , with out it life would be pretty boring !

I LOVE YOU ALL , DAN

:D:D:D:D:D

ok, then we do what I said then....

I personally don't see it getting progressively worse. That is just my opinion. Everyone else has theirs. I will do whatever I have to do to prevent a man-made dune from blocking comp and boycotting comp though. That's just rediculous. :freakin_nuts: You guys act like people are getting stabbed and chit over there. I'll keep saying it....it really isn't THAT bad. :blah:

If you don't like the crowds, don't go on big weekends. There are 5 big weekends a year, that leaves about 15 off weekends............you do the math. I pretty sure most people don't go to Dumont more than 15 times a year.

On the off weekends over at comp, people do race and hang out in a very controlled manner. there is even the old desert rat attitude over there, instead of the , for lack of a better term, flat biller attitude.(sorry Brett)

I only go out on big weekends to spectate. It is too dangerous to actually dune at a fast pace. Off weekends are the shizzle!!!!!

I noticed how alot of you guys complain about the people who drink out at comp. Im willing to put money on it most of you have a few beers or drinks wile your out there. So there drinking and having a good time so are you guys . So how can you say there a problem if your doing the same . Yeah i know most of you may not get wasted . But then again your still there drinking . So is this a "DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO " Type deal or what ?

Just a collection of comments that I agree with. I personally go to Dumont on the holiday weekends for the show, the tailgating and the party at comp. The riding is not all that fun on a holiday weekend with so many people out there and all the rough tracks after a day or two. When I want to get my ride on, I go on the off weekends.

I agree that there is a problem with comp on the big holiday weekends with trash, glass and such. I also have in the past made a point to those I see leaving trash and and glass and such to pick up their sh#t. I have also picked up others trash that was been left behind and will continue to do so.

Beyond that, each individual has a right to enjoy the dunes how he/she sees fit. Abide by the rules and the rest is up to the individual.

If you are not comfortable with the crowd and it offends you sensibilities to see a stripper pole, if you are too afraid that something bad is going to happen to you because of people having fun and partying, then don't go. It is your individual right to choose not to go just as it is another's right to go. If you do go, do your part in 'helping' those who don't get it to get it, the clean up aspect that is.

it has definitley changed for the most part! it is still fun most of the time though. the trash and all of that sh*t gets sickening though.

lets make a new comp hill and put a fence around it so only the sober can go in. unless your walking, then its ok! haha

BOO-YAH baby! That's what Im talkin about :laughoff::laughoff: :beer_bang: :beer_bang:

Which brings up another point :think:

At Lake Mead, the BLM has a squad of volunteer EMTs / Medics that respond to calls in BLM owned boats.......The "Minutemen" from the southern border states come to mind ....grant it, the logistics are mind-numbing but I bet it would work....

Have volunteers patrol Dumont at various hours...independently from rangers, with the use of BLM issued radios, the reporting of illegal activity, i.e DUI, rebar placing, speeding, dope, ect... could be called in with no actual interaction by the volunteer...kind of like "Secret Witness" on steroids.....more "cops" for no extra money and an overall safer situation.....I would be more than willing to assist with a shift without thinking twice!!! Once again, Im frustrated and talking directly out of my :booty: , but it may be worth some consideration by folks who know the channels :dance: ...Im not sure how the rangers would appreciate being dragged around Dumont by "civilians" but just a thot :ninja: :shout: :rules:

"Regulaaators....mount up." :whoop::laughoff:

Very good idea But BLM won't go for it I try to set something like that with them 2 years ago I was going to give them a radio with all the channels BLM didn't want the radio they said everyone would be reporting every little thing and would just cause them to be over loaded :blury: :argue:

Very good idea But BLM won't go for it I try to set something like that with them 2 years ago I was going to give them a radio with all the channels BLM didn't want the radio they said everyone would be reporting every little thing and would just cause them to be over loaded :laughoff::laughoff:

That sounds about right....they can have "criteria" then....... :laughoff: