Need some help from the Vegas crowd please.

aceisback

My wife and I have one of those four day three night romantic getaways for couples that have been saturating the airwaves for a year or so now. We finally found a break in our schedule where we can make it this weekend. Unfortunately the Nellis Information, Tickets, and Tours office will be closed while we're there so nothing will be with the Military discount. Last minute plans so they are putting us up in the Tropicana. Not the newest but hey, it's free!

I'm trying to find out where we can get the best deals locally for shows like The Amazing Johnathon, Penn and Teller, some good comedy and magic type stuff. Maybe some ZZ Top tix. What are the decent "affordable" dining options around the Strip area. Not looking forward to the traffic at all but it'll be nice to have a few days dedicated to us. No kids, no pets, no work, no dunes, just us and some of the shows we've never hit.

Thanks for all input.

Vic

And NO Jason, I am not taking her to see Celine Dion. :stirthepot:

Plan one dinner at Paris. There is a fine dining resturant that has sidewalk/patio seeting and has a great view of the Bellagio's fountain show. It's fun to people watch too... I forgot the name of it though. As far as shows and stuff just go on-line before you come...

Plan one dinner at Paris. There is a fine dining resturant that has sidewalk/patio seeting and has a great view of the Bellagio's fountain show. It's fun to people watch too... I forgot the name of it though. As far as shows and stuff just go on-line before you come...

I think it's Mon Amie. Food is good!!! :D

My wife and I have one of those four day three night romantic getaways for couples that have been saturating the airwaves for a year or so now. We finally found a break in our schedule where we can make it this weekend. Unfortunately the Nellis Information, Tickets, and Tours office will be closed while we're there so nothing will be with the Military discount. Last minute plans so they are putting us up in the Tropicana. Not the newest but hey, it's free!

I'm trying to find out where we can get the best deals locally for shows like The Amazing Johnathon, Penn and Teller, some good comedy and magic type stuff. Maybe some ZZ Top tix. What are the decent "affordable" dining options around the Strip area. Not looking forward to the traffic at all but it'll be nice to have a few days dedicated to us. No kids, no pets, no work, no dunes, just us and some of the shows we've never hit.

Thanks for all input.

Vic

And NO Jason, I am not taking her to see Celine Dion. :dunno:

You can always go to the Air Show! It's this weekend! LOL! :grin:

I am good friends with Michael Johns and Anthony Cools is a good customer of mine. Both of them have Sex Hypnotist/ Comedy shows on the strip :grin: and Anthony has this show Oh LaLa at Paris. I can get you some free tickets if you want to go to one of those???

Let me know :dunno:

Guest Crasher

For great Mexican food, try the Border Grill at the Mandalay Bay. Awesome margaritas too!! Not too expensive compared to the other restaurants on the strip. The Shark Reef Exhibit is right there too, which is really cool. As for the wife, great shopping at Caesar's Forum Shops and the new Planet Hollywood (Miracle Mile). And there's always room to check out the view from the Stratosphere and have a drink at the bar up there!!

Lots of fun stuff to do for a quick trip!! :dunno:

dinner at top of the world is good but dont plan on it being cheap... OOF i dropped a couple hundy that night with the wife... dinner, flowers, pictures, drinks, blah blah blah.. grand damage was close to 400 for all that schmooozin..

dinner at top of the world is good but dont plan on it being cheap... OOF i dropped a couple hundy that night with the wife... dinner, flowers, pictures, drinks, blah blah blah.. grand damage was close to 400 for all that schmooozin..

And what did u learn from that Nick? :dunno:

One of my favorite restaurants is Olives at the Bellagio. If you call in advance, you can get a table outside and watch the water show. It's awesome! Dinner there can be pricey, but my husband and I have gone and ordered drinks and appetizers. Lunch is a little cheaper, too. With the weather being so nice, it would be great to sit outside.

Mandalay Bay is another hotel I love to visit. The restaurants there are great! Sometimes they have concerts on the beach. Might be something to check into, as well.

:shocked2:

Thanks for the offer DuneJNKY, and for all of the input from others. Some we'll try, some maybe next trip. Sure it's going to be a good time, might even make it out for a little bit of the air show.

Thanks again.

Ace