5th wheels and lifted trucks

Bumpint

I would think it's to high. What is the height of your bed at the tailgate and over the rear wheel wells? Even with flipping the trailer axles you are probably to high.

Edited by wingnut

This has ran through my mind many times.

I love my trailer...... but,

I've got a 25'er with only 15.5ft of storage :lol:

I'd love to have a 5th wheel, but flipping the axles is too scary for me.

My truck has a 7" lift.

I've though about removing the lift and putting on 35" tires, so I could get a 5th.

OR, sell the whole rig and get a Cummins and a 5th.

That's what wingnut would do if he had my set-up. :D

Do you need more storage???

I have a 3500 6" lift and 35" tires with a 40' WW 5th W, axels are fliped and I would say normal towing is just fine but we go off in the desert so much and come across some bad angles... I have hit the side of by bed a couple of times driving straight and more when I am turning, only minor damage though. The worst part is knowing you have a high center of gravity and towing in strong winds... kinda makes your a$$ pucker a bit... LOL. A good 5th W hitch will also adjust up and down to compinsate

6" lift 34" tires axles filped no problem did this for a year. and if you where to get one new they could order it with a spacer for mor lift but with 37's you may want to regear your truck that is alot of tire for stock when towing

6" lift 34" tires axles filped no problem did this for a year. and if you where to get one new they could order it with a spacer for mor lift but with 37's you may want to regear your truck that is alot of tire for stock when towing

Oh ya I'm running 4:10 gears with my 35" ers thanks for mentioning that...

My truck has 8" lift 37 inch tires, regeared to 488's and I pull a fifth wheel. Trailer axles are flipped, no big deal. If you think about it, flipping the axles only raises the trailer the amount of the axle tubes...3-4inch. :beercheers:

post-448-1195757750_thumb.jpg

Edited by maxdout

I have a 06' Super Duty with an 8" lift sitting in 37" tires. Will this be too high for a 5th wheel? I am looking to upgrade in the near future and i might be interested in a 5th wheel.

This ones for sale. Allready flipped axles. Come take a look. :beercheers:

We looked at getting a 5th wheel with our Dodge 2500 with 6 inch lift and 37" tires. The dealership thought it was possible, but it was really close and made us nervous. We ended up with a bumper pull Raptor with 18 ft of cargo space.

We looked at getting a 5th wheel with our Dodge 2500 with 6 inch lift and 37" tires. The dealership thought it was possible, but it was really close and made us nervous. We ended up with a bumper pull Raptor with 18 ft of cargo space.

If your'e talking about the space between the bed of the truck and the 5th wheel, the hitch on 5th wheel is adjustable, along with the one in the bed. My buddy put bigger tires on his 5th wheel to help out. I guess its just a matter of opinion. :beercheers: If you look at my set-up I have plenty of clearance.

Edited by maxdout

If your'e talking about the space between the bed of the truck and the 5th wheel, the hitch on 5th wheel is adjustable, along with the one in the bed. My buddy put bigger tires on his 5th wheel to help out. I guess its just a matter of opinion. :jester: If you look at my set-up I have plenty of clearance.

how does it tow ? does it make the trailer feel top-heavy? seems like it would up higher , more room for air to go under the trailer :beercheers: I was wondering,thinking of flipping mine

This ones for sale. Allready flipped axles. Come take a look. :pissed:

I soon as the boat sells, I will be looking. If you still have it when that happens I will definetly be interested. The thing that sucks is that it isnt boating season so I am thinking it wont be sold for at least 6 months.

What is the length?

If your'e talking about the space between the bed of the truck and the 5th wheel, the hitch on 5th wheel is adjustable, along with the one in the bed. My buddy put bigger tires on his 5th wheel to help out. I guess its just a matter of opinion. :MBdance: If you look at my set-up I have plenty of clearance.

I love your truck and trailer. Holiday Rambler makes a nice tquality railer. I showed my hubby your set up. The thing is that we really don't want to buy a new trailer now, since ours is only a year old. We love what we have, but wish we had a bigger black tank (it's only 28 gallons) and a little more room up front.

:assblast:

I love your truck and trailer. Holiday Rambler makes a nice tquality railer. I showed my hubby your set up. The thing is that we really don't want to buy a new trailer now, since ours is only a year old. We love what we have, but wish we had a bigger black tank (it's only 28 gallons) and a little more room up front.

:flipoff:

Some day. (Full Throtle)

:eatdrink021:

dam you only had that for a month now :drunk: ..why you selling

Im takin after you. :whoop: No, seriously, I am going to rent a moho from here on out. I only go out 4-5 times a year, then it sits. So its better for me to rent. :blah: That way I can make room for the BIG OL boat payment. WHOOOOO. :mc_smiley:

I have a 3500 Ram with a 3in Kore lift on 35's, I pull a WW SLC3705 I did not want to flip the axles on my 5'er. I know alot of people flip the axels, but personally I dot not like it. The only thing I had to do was raise my hitch up one notch to make it higher, so when I slide it wouldn't hit the tailgate. With a lift that high you would need to flip the axels on the fithwheel. A good rule of thumb is to put fist on top of fist on your bed rail if it clears the fithwheel you should be alright. Good Luck!

post-2594-1196796657_thumb.jpg

post-2594-1196796799_thumb.jpg

I have a 3500 Ram with a 3in Kore lift on 35's, I pull a WW SLC3705 I did not want to flip the axles on my 5'er. I know alot of people flip the axels, but personally I dot not like it. The only thing I had to do was raise my hitch up one notch to make it higher, so when I slide it wouldn't hit the tailgate. With a lift that high you would need to flip the axels on the fithwheel. A good rule of thumb is to put fist on top of fist on your bed rail if it clears the fithwheel you should be alright. Good Luck!

post-2594-1196796657_thumb.jpg

post-2594-1196796799_thumb.jpg

Nice truck!! Dodge Rocks!!! :beer_bang: :beerpint::laughoff: