Dumont For Easter Anybody?

scott

I am new here. It has been a long time(12 + years) since I went to Dumont last. I am looking to take the family out to Dumont for Easter weekend. Anybody else with kids heading out there? It would be nice to meet up with a semi mellow group.

We will be coming down in a 39 Diesel pusher with a 24 Toy Hauler on the back. Are there any issues camping close to the dunes in the sand? Will we need to deflate the tires? Any suggestions would be helpful and camping company would be welcome!!! We would like to camp as close to the dunes as possible without being on top of one or in the way.

Best Regards,

Scott

I should be out for easter but im afraid if you get stuck the 1/4 ton tow truck wont be able to get you out.. :D might have to step up to one of the 1 tons in camp.. :D

Get stuck? Thats what I bought the LTR for!

Is the sand pretty bad out there below the dunes? I remember it being hard pack below the dunes but that was too many years (brain cells) ago so my memory is likely wrong. That's the one thing I fear about taking the rig to the dunes. Any suggestions?

I should be there Easter weekend. Our group doesn't have too many kids nor is it mellow at times. :laughing: :icon_twisted: But your welcome to camp w/ us if you want.

As for getting stuck, just stay back 100-200 feet from the finger dunes and you should be ok. It is fairly packed.

I should be there Easter weekend. Our group doesn't have too many kids nor is it mellow at times. :laughing: :icon_twisted: But your welcome to camp w/ us if you want.

As for getting stuck, just stay back 100-200 feet from the finger dunes and you should be ok. It is fairly packed.

what are the dates?

Get stuck? Thats what I bought the LTR for!

Is the sand pretty bad out there below the dunes? I remember it being hard pack below the dunes but that was too many years (brain cells) ago so my memory is likely wrong. That's the one thing I fear about taking the rig to the dunes. Any suggestions?

We will more than likely be out there. We also have a 39ft diesel MOHO with a 30ft enclosed trailer and we go almost every weekend and park on the flats several hundred feet from the base of the Big Face Hill, and as long as you keep up your momentum you should not get stuck!

What is an LTR?

LTR is the new Suzuki 450 Quad.

I would love to hook up with others! Let me know how we can coordinate it. I will be coming with friend Mike who has a RMZ450, my wife, 8 year old son and 15 year old daughter. They have never been to the dunes before so this should be interesting for them.

My son rides a KX65 and is crazy so I think he will be at home on his a$$ in the sand. I am getting him a paddle. He will also have a nobbie for the hard pack. Daughter rides a TTR125 and that thing would not be happy with a paddle so she will be on a nobbie. We also have another TTR125 and a LTZ250 Quad with a paddle so I am sure they will be able to keep themselves entertained.

3Roto,

Do you drop your air pressure in your tires to get in or out?

LTR is the new Suzuki 450 Quad.

I would love to hook up with others! Let me know how we can coordinate it. I will be coming with friend Mike who has a RMZ450, my wife, 8 year old son and 15 year old daughter. They have never been to the dunes before so this should be interesting for them.

My son rides a KX65 and is crazy so I think he will be at home on his a$$ in the sand. I am getting him a paddle. He will also have a nobbie for the hard pack. Daughter rides a TTR125 and that thing would not be happy with a paddle so she will be on a nobbie. We also have another TTR125 and a LTZ250 Quad with a paddle so I am sure they will be able to keep themselves entertained.

3Roto,

Do you drop your air pressure in your tires to get in or out?

I do not air down. If you do get stuck the Suzuki 450 will not help you get out. I have been stuck a few times and use my jacks to lift the coach and digout, or ask somebody with a fullsize truck to give me a little tug! :icon_twisted:

If your taking your son and your daughter out for the first time get ready to go alot more times cause they will surely get hooked on dumont!The DDR camp is not a mellow camp but we sure aren't a bunch of disrespectfull P.O.S.'s either.Anybody that has children is always welcome.We know common courtesy. :icon_twisted:

I do not air down. If you do get stuck the Suzuki 450 will not help you get out.

I know the LTR wont get me out.. I was just being silly. Although it might come in handy finding a truck that can pull me out. Getting stuck is my biggest nightmare.

I figure the kids will love it. Not sure about my daughter since she is a little more timid and hates the sand. Son will be like a pig in doody though!

How am I going to find you guys?

Let me give you a bit of advice... IF YOU FEEL THE TIRES STARTING TO SLIP.. STOP IMMMMEDIATLEY AND DONT DO ANYTHING UNTIL YOU FIND SOMEONE WITH A TRUCK!!!!

If you get a big b*tch like that burried its gonna be hell to pay to get it unstuck... if you dont dig that deep of a hole when you first try to get going and get a helpfull tug from a truck then all is good.. :D

Let me give you a bit of advice... IF YOU FEEL THE TIRES STARTING TO SLIP.. STOP IMMMMEDIATLEY AND DONT DO ANYTHING UNTIL YOU FIND SOMEONE WITH A TRUCK!!!!

If you get a big b*tch like that burried its gonna be hell to pay to get it unstuck... if you dont dig that deep of a hole when you first try to get going and get a helpfull tug from a truck then all is good.. :D

After getting stuck a bunch of times....that's exactly what I learned. The more they spin, the more you dig!! :huh:

ANYONE figure out the dates yet?????

Dates for what, Joe? Easter is on the 16th, so the weekend of the 14th - 16th would be Easter weekend if that's what your talking about. It's even on the damn DDR calendar. :laughing: der :dolphin:

We are going to leave home at dawns crack on Friday. I plan on getting to Dumont around 10am. Maybe as early as 8am if I can get everyone moving earlier. It is about a 3 1/2 - 4 hour drive for me.