April 1st Weekend Report

dunefreak

I didn't get to make it out to the dunes this weekend because somebody needed me to work on their car on Saturday. But I did get in a 55 mile round trip ride in. :smiley:

Gotta Love the desert at least this time of year.

post-416-1144035269_thumb.jpg

post-416-1144035410_thumb.jpg

post-416-1144035351_thumb.jpg

is this some sort of sign?

Well, I just got back from a 10 hour emergency room visit. After Pete and Craig left we did one last sunset ride before loading up. My wife was on the quad in front of me and didn't see a 15 foot drop off. She did a pogo on the front end and injured her back, neck and wrist. The xrays and cat scan showed negative on broken bones, so she has major mucsle tears and whiplash. So, morale of the story is look before you leap, this could have been way worse and we feel blessed this is all that happened. Currently she is on some killer stuff for pain(the nurse said it was stronger than morphine). Otherwise it was a great weekend with great people.

oh my gosh, that must of happened right after we left? im glad to hear no broken bones. are the kids ok Joe?

Well, I just got back from a 10 hour emergency room visit. After Pete and Craig left we did one last sunset ride before loading up. My wife was on the quad in front of me and didn't see a 15 foot drop off. She did a pogo on the front end and injured her back, neck and wrist. The xrays and cat scan showed negative on broken bones, so she has major mucsle tears and whiplash. So, morale of the story is look before you leap, this could have been way worse and we feel blessed this is all that happened. Currently she is on some killer stuff for pain(the nurse said it was stronger than morphine). Otherwise it was a great weekend with great people.

Man that really sucks, Joe. :( Good to hear that she is somewhat ok. Hopefully she is completely healed up and feeling better real soon.

oh my gosh, that must of happened right after we left? im glad to hear no broken bones. are the kids ok Joe?

Yep, right after yo left we went for the last ride. The kids where in the sandrail. Chris rode the unharmed quad back to camp.

hey whats up guys i had a really good time over the weekend you guys and girls and funny a$$ hell cant wait to see more of it i might not be able to make for easter weekend becuase ill just be gettin back in from germany in stuff and i would also like to thank joe and the other guy for a ride in the rail really bad a$$ thanks a whole lot..and also thats sux to hear about joes wife i hope shes okay and heals better quick..later guys and also thanks nick for the robby gordon ride funny :laughoff:

:angry: Joe hope your wife is okay on the stronger than morphine stuff!No broken bones is always a good sign.Maybe if there is any leftovers on the stronger than morphine drugs we can have a few together and listen to lots of alice in chains music and clarence clearwater music! :laughoff:

All kidding aside no broken bones is good and I know your wife will pull through just fine.

hey whats up guys i had a really good time over the weekend you guys and girls and funny a$$ hell cant wait to see more of it i might not be able to make for easter weekend becuase ill just be gettin back in from germany in stuff and i would also like to thank joe and the other guy for a ride in the rail really bad a$$ thanks a whole lot..and also thats sux to hear about joes wife i hope shes okay and heals better quick..later guys and also thanks nick for the robby gordon ride funny :laughoff:

Any Time John... I remember the look on petes face as i passed the group of quads haulin a$$!!! That was a hilarious...

Sorry to hear about your wife Joe....I had no idea. I hope she gets better soon.

I had a great time....I almost got the chance to pay the neighbors back!! :laughoff:

...and also thanks nick for the robby gordon ride funny :laughoff:

Any Time John... I remember the look on petes face as i passed the group of quads haulin a$$!!! That was a hilarious...

What the heck are you guys talking about? You passed who when doing what? :angry:

Hey DDR,

Great weekend! Could'nt have asked for better weather. :thumb:

It was nice to meet you all. Wish we would have hooked for rides. I think the first attempt was my bad. :slap: We'll have to hook up more in the future. Not sure when I'll be out again.

John, you're welcome for the ride in my car. It's always a blast for me too. My pleasure.

Joe, Hope your wife has a fast recovery. Good to see you again out there.

Pete, Thanks for the heads-up to find you guys. hope you get the car back together soon.

C-ya

R-