Zion National Park

indasand

I'm trying to plan a family vacation at there RV park just wondering if anyone else has done this. Ive never been there so.... Looks like horseback riding, atv tours and even a massage for the wife in the rv...

I'm heading up there this weekend (day trip) to make sure my kids can do all these things and are not restricted by there age...

Just wondering,

:D:D:D

Haven't done the RV thing up there, but I have been and it is awesome. Don't know about a day trip but if you ever get the chance for a three or four day stay then hit up Bryce Canyon as well. Zion and Bryce are some of the grandest places on earth. As well as King's Canyon and Sequoia. Grand Canyon and Yosemite are okay but I go to these places to GET AWAY from the crowds, not join them. I think Bryce has more to offer than Grand Canyon as far as just admiring the sheer beauty of the outdoors.

We took a detour on our way to Brianhead a couple of summers ago and drove thru Zion. Haven't camped there, but it IS beautiful!! I agree with Vic, ya gotta check out Bryce Canyon too! I'm always on the back of the motorcycle, so I get to oooohhhhh and ahhhhhhh at all the scenery. Amazing!! :D

The pics of Zion are either on the other computer or on film, but here's a sneak peek of Bryce:

post-1889-1204935833_thumb.jpg

post-1889-1204935763_thumb.jpg

post-1889-1204935652_thumb.jpg

post-1889-1204935884_thumb.jpg

I'm with dinicolady, Bryce and Zion are well worth the time and effort to go see. We had my wife parents MH and if you tow a second, it was not bad, but there were alot of places where the MH could not get in or go through without permits and calling ahead as some of the roads are built for VW bugs it seems. Lots of tight turns. But the lower campgrounds were excellent, but again it depends on the size of the 5er....most of the NPS camps max out at 24-26ft. But the local private or County Parks near by allow the bigger rigs. So we found several camps unhooked and took the car up and around - great place for PICs.

Brian we did Bryce canyon and stayed at a rv park there it was great the kids had a blast and there is horseback riding and a nice hotel right buy there where you can ride your atv to and the wifey can get a massage.There are alot of atv trails and good smooth ones for the kids to ride.And if i remember they even have a bull show,horse show...something like that.I have pics and I think chris wrote a story about that trip on here somewhere.Well i tried to take the pics off my snapfish account but it didn't work :beer_bang: sorry

As for driving to zion you want to do that with the truck,no,no,trailer,what everyone esle said they are right.But if you find out differnt please share.But I think you will really like this place with the kids.

I found the story,so you can see how much the kids enjoyed it :beercheers:

http://www.brycecanyoncampgrounds.com/index.html

"FROG STOMP"

A Circus Farkas Adventure

The trip starts off in the normal way, Dani and I are at each others throats for no reason other than "were trying like hell to get out of here". Now, I have threatend that I am done "I ain't goin !!".....Wrong ! Dani says I am going and there is nothing I can do about it.

Meanwhile I realize my propane line keeps blowing off ....after a trip to home depot, and wal mart I turn up empty handed for the fix...My buddy, Not a real smart guy, surprises me with an ingenious idea....How about a zip strip for that propane hose Wow...I am thinking "where the hell did that come from ?", sounds good Gary lets try it.....Hey it works, lets roll.. off to Bryce Canyon for the first time, this is going to be exciting... About an hour and a half into the drive I notice my right tire on the trailer is a little low, we pull into Mesquite thinking this should be easy, find an air station, fill er up, and back on track.....Nah! You would think air would be an easy thing to find....In all of the six gas stations we stopped at , 1 (one) was intact....guess which one....the last one....Alright let's go.

We finally arrive, pitch dark, unload and crash...but my buddy is having a hard time finding his spot...after the many circles he made....he finds it, down the hill, and way, way far away from us....Sorry gary, your on your own !

Next day, wow the weather is nice were ready to ride, we ride all day, it was beautiful.....we head down to the general store to pick up some "Fixin's" to make s'mores for the kids.....50 bucks later we are out. We get back to camp and we run short of fire wood....Oh Sh*t! what do we do.....Dani steals a half burnt log from the neighbors fire pit is what we do !

After the Log burns out, I ask the circus if they want to go on a little walk.....okay, we start down the hill when I notice a movement in the brush....whats that ! I go to see.....its a salamander....check it out "T"....the boys were so excited...."T" run back to camp and get the bucket....I catch this thing and put him in the bucket....this is cool huh...this is where it begins.....There are hundreds of these things...everywhere....my bucket is loaded with at least 23 of them....the boys have just gone apesh*t.

At this point I think "T" is about done with catching these guys.....we come up on a frog, I squat down and start pointing it out to the boys....look "T", Jay'd...look at this frog....and from outta nowhere...."STOMP", "T" has a feild day on this frog.....I scream (Mind you it's about 11:00 at night), Skylar shrieks with fear, Dani yells at "T" and Jaydin is in a state of shock.....what the h*ll "T" ! These aren't cochroaches....they are frogs...."T" says he just wanted to......oh my god ! I am going to let this one slide, lets move on.

Up the trail a little, we find another salamander...Jaydin picks it up and puts it on the ground again.......WHAM ! I scream, Skylar shrieks with fear, Dani yells at "T" and Jaydin is once again shocked by the actions of "Little Satan Himself".....this time he didn't kill the damn thing...he mamed it, squooshing one whole side to the thing.....I am hoping these creatures have no nerves cause damn....that looks like it hurts.... Now Jaydin wants to help the mamed Salamander....alright kids back to camp !!

We've been to Zion 3 times! It's one of our favorite places to go on weekend trips. Great hiking - awesome trails! Some are pretty hairball! The Narrows is cool (literally because you're in the water) and the one with the pools is fun, too. Of course, now that we do the ATV thing, we don't do much hiking anymore! :shake:

Here are a couple pics from our vacations:

Top of East Rim Trail (scary)!

post-1635-1205034299_thumb.jpg

Mark and the dogs at the Canyon Ranch Motel

post-1635-1205034642_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kitcat

Nope, have you? Not sure where to do that at.... We love the cabins.........

going thru duck creek headin east make a left on mammoth rd go there all the time and and all the trails start right there all lead to duck creek :laughing: oh sorry off topic . but the place is very top secret :ban-split:

post-638-1205448396_thumb.jpg

Edited by warrior07

going thru duck creek headin east make a left on mammoth rd go there all the time and and all the trails start right there all lead to duck creek :thumb: oh sorry off topic . but the place is very top secret :laughing:

post-638-1205448396_thumb.jpg

Hmmm I see a trip coming in the neer future!!!! I'll bring the beer :ban-split:

Every summer we're up there for the Thunder on the Mountain bike run, I see plenty of people "dry" camping along that road. One of the poker draws is about 8 mi down that way, then we back track and get to oggle a second time. I have told Davey we should try that instead of trying to get into the campgrounds. Teh-hah(sp?) is near Navajo Lake and they don't allow quad riding in and out of grounds. I know Duck Creek does, BUT it's packed most of the summer!! :laughing:

Brian check this place out as well http://www.pinewoodsresort.com/GroupFacilities.htm

We have stayed there twice and it has full hook ups and leads you right to all the trails as well.You can also ride your bikes right from your Rv. spot.and you can't do that at the meadows.Kids love going there.

Thanks D