What size & kind of generator do I get?

nightime

I run a 3500w champion, Ive used it for over a year now with only minor issues (broken pull cord that was replaced for free).

It runs everything I have with zero issues 15k AC unit, micro and toaster at the same time (straining lol). It is louder than the honda/yamahas but I would rather spend the extra $700 on something else :D

For $350 IMO you cant go wrong.

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0040261522130a.shtml

Edited by britincali

Wow, you guys know your sh!t! Thanks for all the info!

Is it noisier inside to have the Onan on board? And does

blowing sand screw with ones on the ground away from

camp? I was thinking of chaining one up to the truck bumper.

Thanks!

Over the last year mines inhaled a ton of sand, one morning it had its own little dune built up on the side and its still running tops :DDRrocks: .

The last glamis trip the breather tube came out of the airbox and it sucked enough sand to coat the entire intake tract, I was worried when i found it but it doesnt seem to have lost any compression and still fires within 2 pulls.

If you want to use the air I would buy 2 2kw hondas, they are light, QUIET and you can use one most of the time, but when you need to run air use a parallel kit and run them both.

Parallel kit? Is that a phase synchronizer of some kind?... :laughing: and electricty don't mix well I heard!

Sounds like a good way to go if don't want to run a big gen all the time!

If your going to keep the trailer for a while, go with the onan 4000. And pay a little more to have it hooked up for the push button start.

I agree with the above. But, I would spend a little extra and get the propane model. Will last longer, and saves fuel for toys!

if youre gonna go with a genny...get one mounted in the coach. I would recommend an Onan 5500. they are quieter than the 4000 series because they operate at a lower RPM level, plus they put out more power than the 4000 series.

I have a generac quietpac 4000 series, and have not had any problems with it, and the noise is bareable, but some of my friends have that onan 5500, and its the sh*t

just my .02

if youre gonna go with a genny...get one mounted in the coach. I would recommend an Onan 5500. they are quieter than the 4000 series because they operate at a lower RPM level, plus they put out more power than the 4000 series.

I have a generac quietpac 4000 series, and have not had any problems with it, and the noise is bareable, but some of my friends have that onan 5500, and its the sh*t

just my .02

That's the one I have, and it's been really good to us. I'm only running on one of the 30amp breakers....I have another 30amp circuit not even being used. I thought about having it wired so I would run a welder if needed.

That's the one I have, and it's been really good to us. I'm only running on one of the 30amp breakers....I have another 30amp circuit not even being used. I thought about having it wired so I would run a welder if needed.

:blury: why, so you can steal business away from the tweaker @ vendor's row? :undecided: