History Repeats Itself

DarbyCrash

I know there are some old farts out there who have been riding just as long as me (1978) or longer. As I'm taking a lunch break watching Amazing Videos, a commercial comes on for "If you or a loved one has been involved in a Yamaha Rhino roll over accident and have been injured or killed, call :think::shots::thumb:.

Now, does this remind anybody of the banning of ATC's in 1986. I rode and have owned numerous ATC's and yeah, I've crashed but due to my own stupidity. Now unless something is drastically faulty that causes Rhino's to flip on their own, WTF is going on. Society has lost it once again. "It's not my fault, it must be the machine"

I've never owned a UTV or driven in one but I am able to tell by watching others that they are not the most stable of vehicles and that alot of the people that own them go up things that probably shouldn't. I'm not knocking that, just pointing out facts. However you get your "cheeks to slam shut" is cool. However, if your going to flip it and turn around and sue somebody, sue your parents for not instilling a certain amount of common sense in you when you were younger. Don't blame the machine for your short comings. There are plenty of people that ride their Rhinos and have fun and they shouldn't have to be punished and unable to buy one because they ban them just like they did the ATC's.

For those of you that have been hurt or know somebody that has been hurt, I'm sorry if this offends you, but can you seriously blame the Manufacturer???

I'm just ranting because I am so tired of watching people not take responsibility for their own actions and ruining things for others. I was pissed when they banned 3 wheelers. I loved my '86 250R and would have loved to seen what they would be doing today if they were still made. It's too bad we can't buy a 2008 thumper or 2 stroke 3 wheeler because too many people blamed the machine.

Mark my words, if people sue, they will ban them or the manufacturers will stop making them because they are "unsafe", not "operator error" :ban-split: lawyers, and anybody that uses them for personal gain and financial compensation because of their lack of common sense.

I've never owned a UTV or driven in one but I am able to tell by watching others that they are not the most stable of vehicles and that alot of the people that own them go up things that probably shouldn't. I'm not knocking that, just pointing out facts. However you get your "cheeks to slam shut" is cool. However, if your going to flip it and turn around and sue somebody, sue your parents for not instilling a certain amount of common sense in you when you were younger. Don't blame the machine for your short comings. There are plenty of people that ride their Rhinos and have fun and they shouldn't have to be punished and unable to buy one because they ban them just like they did the ATC's.

That's an aftermarket item that some people just can't afford for some reason, even though it's FREE. :ban-split:

that fkin law office is in Bakersfield, and an old friend's ex wife is one of the lawyers on that case.

talk about a b*tch on wheels ..." oh oh oh they are soooooooo unsafe"

ah, no b*tch, people are dumbazzes

She probably thinks it's the guns fault too not the cracker pulling the trigger :think:

:ban-split:

Here is one of the links. There is a ton of these if you type "Yamaha Rhino Lawsuit" in your search engine.

http://www.yamaharhinorolloverandrecall.com/lawsuit.php

Please take note of some of the complaints

"12 year old driving"

"The husband turned at the crest of a dune"

I've personally witnessed a few rollovers, all of which involved somebody who didn't have a clue as to how the vehicle handles and what it's capabilities are.

:ban-split: Morons

If I owned a Rhino, I'd be contacting Yamaha and asking them if they need some witnesses for the case to prove that these deaths and accidents are caused and involve people that shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

I would also be calling these :think: lawyers and letting them know that their clients are incompetent and caused their own dismay.

If you know somebody that is involved in one of these lawsuits, commence the beatings.

Keep in mind, lawsuits are ammunition to close down the dunes because "we are distructive and risk the lives of ourselves and others" according to the bark eaters. Anything they can use, they will

Stop it your making me feel old!!!!!

j/k

I crashed my dad's john deer and he beet my a$$!! Is that good enough parenting for you???

:shots: When I was your age, They didn't have these fancy quads with all that suspension, we just had our big fat paddle tires (my first ride was a 1972 90cc). Man I'd love to buy another one of those for the "camp drunk bike" Most people have never even seen let alone ridden one of those. Rode the piss out of it all over Glamis when I was 8. Than when I was 12, I moved up to the 185S, than a 200X than the 250R. All ATC's and I crashed every one of them. Never made a nickle because my old man raised me to realize if I screw up and crash, it was my fault. Now it's just memories because some fking losers sued the manufacturers and they banned them. Stand up for your Rhinos and don't let these pricks make them go the way of the 3 wheelers. Certainly don't raise your kids to blame others for stupid mistakes they make.

Crashed his John Deer? I hope he left a mark :think:

JK

a couple trips ago to oceano, a teenage girl, and her friend, were in a pimped out rhino doin stupid sh*t near our camp.

well, she rolled it. her and the passanger were in harnesses, thank god, but still, an unsupervised teenager in a tip-prone vehicle :ban-split:

we went over there to put the rubber side down. I told her to take it easy, as they tip real quick...i kina had the inkling to follow her back to camp and tell her dad

funny thing is, her dad called her on her cell while we were turning it over....no mention of rolling it

there was a little damage to drivers side

They are only banned from being manufactured. You can still have those memories and buy one.

Yeah but finding a 22+ year old three wheeler in good shape??? I've still got a 1982 185S. nobody makes an intake boot for it so it's been held together with duct tape for the past 8 years.

I just know that growing up in the dunes made a lot of memories. I hate to see memories that could have been never take place because a ride gets a bad rep. The Rhinos, like all other offroad vehicles serve a gateway to that purpose. I don't have one but I do see the ability to use them for fun and good times with the family. It looks to be a good affordable ride for people that want to seat 2-4 people and cruise around but don't have the $$$ or space for a buggy. It would be a shame to see a few idiots create legislation that would ban these vehicles.

Just out of curiosity, do the Rhino's have the idiot stickers posted all over them like quads do? I'm sure they do and they probably have owners manuals that warn of the dangers. Maybe somebody should teach those idiots that roll things how to read. I've never read my warning stickers or manual but, apperently I'm gifted or something and I know what pain a vehicle can inflict by looking at it and the do's and dont's when turning in the sand or climbing steep hills.

:bawl: I've done some things in the rhino that were'nt to smart . But lucky for me i :poop_hittin_the_fan: myself before anything happened and try to remember :bawl: so i don't do it again :bawl: . People are so sue happy in this effin country anymore it's pathetic . Just calling thier number is giving them some kinda support :bawl:

One way that will stop that crap is if the people sueing loose, they have to pay the legal fees of the other party.

They have this policy in England and it's made a big difference.

But honestly, why Rhinos and rzrs are made so narrow they can easily roll over amazes me.

Yeah, the rzr can go up ATV trails with ease, but it's pretty easy to roll.

We left the side nets on because of this, and have added wider wheels and spacers.

Edited by yfzdad