new quad

do you have anything against the 450's? I am not really familiar with them, but the people i know who ride them lovethe hell outta them

paulypaul rids a zuki 450, and that thing straight tears azz

wingnut rides a honda 450, and he likes it, and does very well on it.

Im sure some of the yammy guys will chime in too..... each one is a little different, so it might help if you have access to them through friends to ride them to see what you think

good luck

i do desert and dunes riding. im about 145lbs and 6ft tall. ive been riding for about 10 years.

145 and 6 feet tall??? do you eat?

j/k

I LOVED my yfz 450...i was very comfortable on it and never short of power...then you could always go with an ltz 400 or 400 ex for a nice comfortable ride...you just wont have the crazy power of a 450...

but we all rode the hell out of the 400's before 450s came out, and they've got what you need to get around the dunes.

The write ups on the KTM's seem very good. If you got $9K to blow on a quad I'm sure you would not be disappointed.

Bang for $$$. I love my Predator 500's. Suspension and HP. Never had any problems. I've owned a lot of Hondas and a couple of Yamahas. All good bikes. Honestly you can't go wrong with either one of them. The main reason I went with the Predator's is because $$ for $$ you get more. Stock suspension blows stock Honda and Yamaha away. The engine can lug or fly up any hill around. Very well balanced for jumping. The only downside I've found is lack of aftermarket go fast parts. Which is fine for now. I've piped, jetted and put the K&N in it and I can keep up with or beat most Raptors and other quads that have had a couple of thousand dollars in mods done.

Bottom line, Predator's (now called Outlaw 525) are great right out of the box and are about $500-$1500 less than the others. The Honda and Yamaha 450's are great rides, The Raptor is a great ride. All of them need some mods to be better.

i have an ltr450, but i dont do desert

i do mx cuz that what the bikes made for

u can ride desert with the ltr all u have to do is get 20" rear tires

i would recommend the ltr out of the 450's

if not get a raptor 700

they rip with very few mods

Id suggest try to ride one of each if you can and decide for your self. Most everyone is going to tell you to go with what they ride... Ive got a raptor 660 and I like it if I were to get another quad it would be the ktm 525 or honda 450.

145 and 6 feet tall??? do you eat?

j/k

I LOVED my yfz 450...i was very comfortable on it and never short of power...then you could always go with an ltz 400 or 400 ex for a nice comfortable ride...you just wont have the crazy power of a 450...

but we all rode the hell out of the 400's before 450s came out, and they've got what you need to get around the dunes.

also a 400cc is alot cheaper new too.

but yeah alot of it is just personal preference..

Personally, I would get a 450, if I were you. If you're going to spend the $ on a quad, you might as well get something with power. I have a Honda 450 and it's really nice. I haven't had any issues with it. My husband has a YFZ450. It's really fun to ride, as well. I like it A LOT better than his old Raptor 660. That thing was a tank, esp for someone my size. Both our quads have lots of aftermarket parts available, too.

:laughoff:

Personally, I would get a 450, if I were you. If you're going to spend the $ on a quad, you might as well get something with power. I have a Honda 450 and it's really nice. I haven't had any issues with it. My husband has a YFZ450. It's really fun to ride, as well. I like it A LOT better than his old Raptor 660. That thing was a tank, esp for someone my size. Both our quads have lots of aftermarket parts available, too.

:laughoff:

true, but if he doesnt wanna throw a lot of money at it motor wise 2 get it fast, a raptor 700 would be a great choice

but the LTR would be a great choice because u wouldnt have 2 throw a lot of money at the suspension being how wide it is

my vote goes 2 the ltr or raptor 700

(both fuel injected also)

Edited by Gazlay43

i looked at ltrs yesterday and i liked them a lot. i want to look at the kawis and ktm to. i also liked the raptor 700r. the outlaw was comfy but felt weird...

I would stay away from the kawi.....I haven't heard or read one good thing about them.

Edited by wingnut