worst jobs

dunefreak

Guest Crasher

I was drafted and ended up in the Marines.

90 days out of high school, we were doing a landmine sweep along a road and I guy with his wife and kids walked up and wanted to trade his .38 revolver for the SEIKO wristwatch I was wearing that my parents gave me for a graduation present.

Guys on the weapons carrier about 200 feet away thought the guy was robbing me when they saw the .38 and the emptied M16 clips on the guy in front of his family.

I was covered with his guts and brains.

I earned $122 a month in the USMC.

The hardest working people I have ever worked with were people that grew up on pig farms.

They knew what bad was. Any task seemed good and any pay was excellent and they always excell in life.

When McDonalds started letting girls work (at one time it was male only employment at McDonalds believe it or not) my sister got a job at $1.00 per hour and the owner instructed her that if she gets robbed, "Don't give the robber the money."

My folks made her go in and quit.

OMG!!!! That's horrible. :( I think I can honestly say that you had the worst job ever that day.

Worst job I ever had was in the kitchen at an old folks home washing dishes back in high school!

All I can say is pureed chili :grin::laughoff::laughoff::barf::barf::barf::cry:

Even now the smell of chili makes me sick! I always wondered WTF they were thinking feeding the old folks chili for in the first place, cause the nurses got it the next day and the whole building stunk! :blury:

Or @ 3am in the middle of winter laying on the ground with your arm inside of a sow or cow or horse feeling around trying to get ahold of a tail or foot or anything, so you can pull the baby out and save both their lives.

plus, you act like none of us have ever had our arm up a cows a$$ before!!

:laughing: Wrong orifice there Liberty. :DDRrocks::D

funny thing...i was thinking of the bad jobs i had, but i kept thinking of the good jobs, fun jobs I had...imma start a new thread for that one! :laughing:

I've been pretty lucky as jobs go, nothing REALLY bad, but one I do consider the worst. Working at a dry cleaning satelite store on the corner of Martin Luther King Blvd. and Alta. Local folks would better understand the point of that location. :jester2: My customers were cool people, just handling their dirty laundry was nasty!! You've never seen ring around the collar like that before!! :DDRrocks:

Worst job ever... I was a telemarketer at Cal State Fullerton, trying to get Alumni and parents to donate money to the university. I was sent home one night because I got 10 NO's in a row! :clap: I was really glad to go home to the dorms that night and party! :6pak:

Another awful job... being a hostess at Olive Garden. It was so boring. I would announce dinner parties in different accents just to make it funny! That place was so disgusting. Salad and breadsticks all over the floor. :laughoff: I got a job waitressing at Red Robin without any experience 2 weeks later! Much cleaner!

my worst job...well one was a job and the other was a duty...

i get really skeeved out when i have to touch other peoples food after they are done eating...so doing dishes made me want to vomit! I was a busser and a dish washer at 16 in Yuma Arizona...it was the only way i could pay for gas to get back and forth from home to school....blech!

the worst duty....actually 2 of them....while stationed in Bosnia at camp dolba. my captian was a wussy...and made me go into this open field and i had to slowly probe the ground for land mines...just so he could have "peice of mind" that we were ok in that location...well took 2 long hours to go about 10 feet...when i finished probing that area...we got in our Humvees and left..never returning...fauker!

the second worst duty......burning sheet in a barrel while in saudi..diesel fuel...poop...fire...NO BUENO...i would have rather done dishes.

janitor in an old folks home i just had to have some work. @ 17

second was a job i took when i was an operator. i love operating but the formans ay this company were so stupid, i wanted to vomit everytime i pulled into the driveway of the yard. i didnt stay long.....................................

Edited by barefoot bob